AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: I'm trying to find this Anime...

Junior Member KKob012 is on a distinguished road KKob012's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2009 01:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up I'm trying to find this Anime...

Hey guys. I'm really not that big into anime or anything, but I joined because I'm trying to find the name of this anime movie that I saw when I was a kid, back when every Sat or Sun, the Sci-Fi channel would play a full-length anime movie in the morning. I was hoping if I could describe some parts of it, maybe you guys could help me find the name.

I really don't remember too many specifics but I'll do my best.

First, the main heroic character was a female. If I remember correctly, her name was similar to Akira, but obviously was not - and I think the name of the movie itself was the name of the character.

The only other characters I remember were a young girl child (whom the main character was protecting?) and the main villain.

The villain was some sort of monster (this is where I'm hoping people might remember). The monster was human-like, but almost indestructible. I think it had like a disk-shaped head, but on the front was a plain white human face. I think the face would shoot out of the head, connected to a long neck. I believe the villain was terrorizing a city, and it would "assimilate" its victims into its body.

One of the twists in the story line was the main character's brother, or husband, or something, was assimilated by the monster and was still conscious inside of it. I believe the movie ended with her somehow encasing it in some sort of forcefield, or crystal thing, and it was transported into space.

I'm sorry about all the fuzzy details, but I've been trying to find this movie forever, but no one knows what I'm talking about. I remember when I saw it, liking it very much, so I want to see if I can track it down.

Thanks everyone.

Junior Member KKob012 is on a distinguished road KKob012's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2009 01:52 PM
    Threads

Nevermind.

I was able to find a list of animes that Sci-Fi played during the '90s and I found it.

If anyone is wondering, it is called Iria.

Ice Tea ninja wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2010 05:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1234 5678 91011

cool, well done.... i think
    Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Wowzabunny

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

I was just about to say Iria before I read the second post. Yeah, I played the super famicon game, just havent see the anime. Only know details like the monster.

Closed Thread

Thread Information