AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Cultures in Photography!

Junior Member AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2009 04:06 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Cultures in Photography!

Okay, I love reading about and seeing other countries and their culture. I just find it interesting to learn new things and see different sights. So here is the place where you can post pictures and/or facts of a country and its culture. You can pick a specific state or area not the whole country.

Okay I'll start off and I'll be doing it mostly on Mexico city and Mexican culture since I visited last June and loved it.

The Largest Catholic Cathedral in the western Hem :

(different Cathedral)Bishop Juan de Palafox y Mendoza re-started (requested by King Philip IV) and consecrated the Puebla Cathedral, the first Cathedral to be consecrated in New Spain, in fewer than nine years, from 1640-1659. the cathedral had been begun in 1575 per orders of Philip II:

The Angel of Independence:

Over 70% of the population is of mixed European and Amerindian ancestry:

Mexico's culture is a mix of Spain culture and Amerindian(predominantly Spanish).

The national sport is soccer:

In recent years Mexico has recieved a large number of Lebanese,Turkish,Chinese,Japanese,Korean, and Filipino immigrants.

Whoo I'm done, it doesn't have to be anywhere near as long just post pics or facts on different countries(heck do your own!)

Junior Member AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2009 04:06 AM
    Threads

I guess this didn't work

Senior Member Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2009 07:05 PM
    Threads

No way. It's a cool idea (I might pitch in my own feature xP) though I'm not entirely sure if they'll allow this. In any case, it should be in the Photography section.

Those are some awesome photos by the way. I particularly like your portraits. Very well done :]

Monster hunter Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 08:10 PM
    Threads

Holy crap, thank Altana I'm not on dial-up. Pictures are cool and all but couldn't you just use Google Images and Wikipedia?

PS that Puebla Cathedral is pretty boss~
    Last edited by Kojack; 01-03-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information