AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Windows 95 and Vista (Oh, the outdatedness!)

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo View Post
    Meeeh.

I got the 95 up and running O_o I had the diskette to install himem.SYS, but it booted up just fine without it, for once. I guess it felt threatened.

I enjoyed it more as a paperweight, but I guess it'll due if I ever need to type a paper for school or write a fanfic and my dad refuses to leave the computer. Besides that, I hate Vista >_>

I could try installing XP if that's plausible.
    Here's the System Requirements for XP. If it doesn't meet or exceed all of those attributes, don't even try.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

Meeeh.

I got the 95 up and running O_o I had the diskette to install himem.SYS, but it booted up just fine without it, for once. I guess it felt threatened.

I enjoyed it more as a paperweight, but I guess it'll due if I ever need to type a paper for school or write a fanfic and my dad refuses to leave the computer. Besides that, I hate Vista >_>

I could try installing XP if that's plausible.

Try DSL instead.
    Very easy to use.
    Requires no install.
    Leaves no trace on your computer, very Ninja-like

See my post in Page 1.

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by aizmov
    Try DSL instead.
    Very easy to use.
    Requires no install.
    Leaves no trace on your computer, very Ninja-like

See my post in Page 1.
    I saw your post on page 1, and I'm exactly not willing to try something I've never heard of [O_o possibly makes me sound out of date]; unless I research it more than what you've posted about it, I'm not going to try it.

Even if it is "easy". What's easy to you may be difficult to others. The 95 will be handed down to my dad; the only thing he'll be doing on it is searching the web, and that occasional download of GEDCOM for family research, and possibly download pictures if he ever learns the concepts of Right-Click>Save As.

Or I guess now you can just drag and drop the pictures or file on your desktop? Huh...I still like the save as feature.

And damn the Processor! 166 Mhz...

Maybe I'll just go into Computer Building for Independent Study instead of Game Programming. I've always wanted a mini-supercomputer, as he says. He built one from scratch several years ago which runs about the same peak as the recent Dells the school bought, but he has to turn his on with an "arcade" red button.

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

I saw your post on page 1, and I'm exactly not willing to try something I've never heard of [O_o possibly makes me sound out of date]; unless I research it more than what you've posted about it, I'm not going to try it.

Even if it is "easy". What's easy to you may be difficult to others. The 95 will be handed down to my dad; the only thing he'll be doing on it is searching the web, and that occasional download of GEDCOM for family research, and possibly download pictures if he ever learns the concepts of Right-Click>Save As.

Or I guess now you can just drag and drop the pictures or file on your desktop? Huh...I still like the save as feature.

And damn the Processor! 166 Mhz...

Maybe I'll just go into Computer Building for Independent Study instead of Game Programming. I've always wanted a mini-supercomputer, as he says. He built one from scratch several years ago which runs about the same peak as the recent Dells the school bought, but he has to turn his on with an "arcade" red button.
    DSL is guilt-free, just burn it to a CD and pop it in. Whenever you've had enough of it, just pop it out and restart. It will leave no trace of it whatsoever. Just like poping a videogame CD in your Playstation, no install is required, and when you're done you just pop it out and BOOM no trace is left.

Closed Thread

Thread Information