AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hatsune Miku - An Energy all Her Own (kind of an experiment)

Pro-Vert Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2010 04:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Hatsune Miku - An Energy all Her Own (kind of an experiment)

Ok, so I went nuts using the smudge tool, lol. But I would definitely like to know what people think about it. I did think about adding text to it, but couldn't think of anything very profound to add, hehe. It's also in 1280x1024 size, so it's a large image if you're using a small screen res.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1_hatsune_miku_project.jpg‎
Views:	225
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	22940  
    Lollipop girl used in my Ava was cut by MaruDashi.
    Feel free to check out my Extracts

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Isn't that extract by Unli. ?

That green under Miku is way to bright. Try to tone it down a bit. And it doesn't entirely make sense for that extract being there. Why don't you try to get the extract to blend in with the surroundings some more or something like that?

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Pro-Vert Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I assure you the extract is by me. lol.

I do know what ya mean bout the green though. Directly under her, it's extremely bright, since it's the source ink blot of sorts. It didnt get spread and thinned as well as the outskirts of it. And I have been working on making her softer against the background, just not sure entirely what to do with it. Beyond that though, the background was built around her. She sat among pitch black before any colors touched it. The green under her, is kinda supposed to be her "pillow" or w/e you wanna call it, lol.
    Last edited by Deadling; 11-25-2008 at 09:37 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Ok. Been working on this off and on for a lil while now. Still am to be honest, but would love some feedback on making her blend into the background a little better. So far i just been playing around with manipulating a copy of miku on top of her, and so forth. As well as opacities and different effects.

Name:	3_hatsune_miku_project.jpg‎
Views:	99
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	23110  

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'll be blunt here...
    The first one was MUCH better than what you did.
    Blending doesn't necessarily turning her INTO the background.
    Just make it as though she is IN the background.
    It's kind of hard to explain, but also...
    The colors pretty much clash a lot.
    You may want to reconsider how you display Hatsune Miku here, your blending options, and perhaps changing the overall color scheme of this wallpaper.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I'll be blunt here...
    The first one was MUCH better than what you did.
    Blending doesn't necessarily turning her INTO the background.
    Just make it as though she is IN the background.
    It's kind of hard to explain, but also...
    The colors pretty much clash a lot.
    You may want to reconsider how you display Hatsune Miku here, your blending options, and perhaps changing the overall color scheme of this wallpaper.
    I agree. I like the original better. Blending wasn't something I had in mind.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I have been toying with making the background not clash as much for about 4 days. Just that they werent all done in the same base color, so the overlay's arent going as smoothly. I personally liked the ghosted effect, but meh, lol. But the coloring of it was becoming impossible, and was making me increasingly agitated, lol. But since I was having so many problems with it, I just went in another direction with her. I am still retaining the same name to this, so I hope the mod's don't mind me posting it here. If it helps, she is the center of my experiments using the smudge tool atm.

What I did with this, was to make a solid color copy of her directly below her. I used the color of her hair, but used a brighter shade. Made tendrils of that using the smudge tool, somewhat chaotic-like, lol. Then traced around her using the smudge tool in one direction, then the opposite right outside where it had gone the other way. Did this a few times till I was happy with the way it looks. The text I think fits her well enough, and the coloring of the text is taken from the lighter shade in her eyes. The dark green portion of the gradient stroke around the leters is from the other portion of her eye of course. As it is, I can't think of much to add to this, even as simply as it's done atm. I do think I can put her abit lower on the canvas though. So I do appreciate all opinions.

(Edit: Just to note, I "AM" trying to get the color scheme to work a lil better for the original still. It's just an issue of finding the perfect colors to blend to the bases, lol.) (2nd Edit: Added the current phase of coloring the original just to show y'all, lol.) (3rd Edit: Ok, last edit I'm almost positive of it! LOL. Adding a version of the new one, with her set lower. I couldnt help but try her abit lower.)

Name:	1_hatsune_miku_project_v2.jpg‎
Views:	83
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	23192   Click image for larger version

Name:	5_hatsune_miku_project.jpg‎
Views:	74
Size:	319.9 KB
ID:	23193   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_hatsune_miku_project_v2.jpg‎
Views:	77
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	23194  
    Last edited by Deadling; 12-14-2008 at 05:00 AM. Reason: adding an end note.

Don't try to look so wise nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2009 02:51 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I would definetly say that the third one is the best so far =)

Avatar, Signature, and many wallpapers to come made by me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Though I was already happy with this one, I couldn't help but toy around with it. So I came up with a slightly softer version of it. I of course used the version of her being set lower, since I liked the way that looked better. I also reworked the smidge in the upper right corner, just a minor change there.

Name:	2_hatsune_miku_project_v3.jpg‎
Views:	69
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	23199  

Uniquely Unique... FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2019 01:03 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I do not have one.

Wink

~*~**Deadling**~*~

Keep up the good work. I really like the first one, but it looks as if the more you worked on it, the better it became/is becoming! So great job, and keep up the great work!!!!!!! You are really doing well. ^^'

^-^' =] =D :heart: <3

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Right well, I need get back into the habit of critiquing these things.

Alright, Balance has the right of way here in his, 'you should blending this' scenario. In which case, please take a look in here for help with the concept of blending: Blending

Next, on your recent version, it seems you have more or less lowered the quality considerably. The reason is that you have now torn out the good back ground, and replaces it with just a solid mass of color that is smudged/liquefied/waved. Meaning that its too plain and empty.

You have also moved the stock upwards to fill up space? Not sure, but now it seems really out of place. Like she is laying on top of something, so the stock should really be placed on the bottom to support it instead of just hanging there with no support.

The last thing I can honestly say is you need to work more with the colors. They are really flat, like really. I am getting the shade of green vibe quite well, but you need more. You have smothered the entire wallpaper in a shade of really dull green. do more, get some more variety in those colors. It will help improve this considerably.

Anyway, thats pretty much all I have to pull out for this one. Also, who did the extraction, you or Unli? It would probably be a good idea to give them some credit.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I do appreciate all Input, and plan to try to put it to use the best I can. I also did state that the extract was done by myself. If Unli ever extracted it themselves, thats all well and good, but I cut this one myself. (and if Unli had cut it before me, I wish I had known. woulda saved me the time of doing it myself, lol.)

In the original, as I said, alot of the meshes arent going well, lol. I'm still working on that and the blending methods to work her into that one, but it's going to be a long project methinks, lol. As for the 2nd one. I can kinda see what ya mean by her being set too high still. I also wanted to work with some blending techniques as well. Please keep in mind this is very rough still. I havent even reworked the splotch behind and above her. (you can still see that it retains some of her original shape, a lil anyways, lol)

Also just to note. That the "blending" effects I'm working on, we're built around her when she was set a lil higher up, lol. So they don't mesh well with the current bg in this pic, lol.

Name:	2_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	72
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	23209  
    Last edited by Deadling; 12-16-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Adding an updated wall, and adding text.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The outline on the scan doesn't look good at all. The swirls are OK but they are too plain to make the background complete - the wall lacks some sharper detail.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Any ideas how I could add sharper detail to it at all? Like maybe a more stark color to offset the foreground? There's just not alot of room, so I'm at a loss, lol. This is what it's been shaping up to looking like atm.

Name:	3_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	65
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	23231  

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Add abstract shapes/swirls just behind the scan and try working with similar colours - this tool should help you. They needn't be very huge or something, just an accent of sorts.

Ivanova is god.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Cool, thx for the tool, lol. Saved that to my bookmarks. Definitely gonna see what I can see and try some experiments with that. I've actually been in the middle of expanding my brush sets as well.

Also, I think I found out how to even out the colors of the orginal. Just gonna have to try things out still, lol.

*edit* added tryout v1 for adding some sharpness behind the image. Just something simple I feel works. And doesnt get too out of hand.

*edit* added v2 for adding shapes. This one was actually built up sorta, lol.

Name:	4_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	65
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	23238   Click image for larger version

Name:	5_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	66
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	23239  
    Last edited by Deadling; 12-17-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: adding tryout 1 for adding shapes. adding tryout v2

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Only not editing to actually show that I am uploading new content. I edited 2 walls into the last one alrdy. The 2nd one in I don't particularly care for anymore, I think i was tired, lol.

As for this one. I removed the swirl of smoke like effect in front of her. As suggested, simply trying to give it some sharpness, and experimenting in different ways to do so. I did build the "bubbles" persay, as simple as they may be. Just to state I didnt use some bubble brush set. I'm actually rather liking this concept for it. I almost thought it might look abit overboard adding the bubbles to the end of the text, but I honestly don't think it did. So all comments/suggestions are welcome of course.

Also, as to these 3, in order of being posted. Are versions 4, 5, and 6. If you wanted to reference as such when replying.

Name:	6_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	73
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	23256  
    Last edited by Deadling; 12-19-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

V6: bubbles are OK but there's still something lacking. Experiment more with other elements, keep less bubbles and perhaps keep text as it is in V4?

Ivanova is god.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Just wanted to stop in and say I'm still working on this and planned to post more soon. I've been on vacation the past 5 days in another state with my girlfriend. So havent got to work on this much lately.

I've been trying a few different elements though. I really liked the shaping behind the text on v4, even though it was simply done. I think it took maybe 2 mins? lol. But it gives it a very techy, symmetrical feel to it. So I was trying to go along those lines to add some accents along those lines. My first thought was binary arranged in some way. But it's been so done, I'm sick of it, and I couldn't get it to go right. Also I was never very happy with ANY of the fonts I tried. Though I do still have them, I don't think I'm going to post those results, lol. (I may just to show how hideous they turned out...) I'm currently working on something else that keeps it simple, but goes along with what I'm wanting out of it. Just not the fastest proccess since I'd rather not have to credit someone for using their brush. :P

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Ok! Well alot's been goin on. I won't goo into details, long story. But short story, gonna finally post a new version of this, lol. Just been SO much goin on atm, that it's been hard to find any time in the beginning of this year to work on this and get it finished. I did do all the shapes individually. I had thought to reverse the gradients on the far left shapes, so the the outside edge would be darker. But I decided against it since I like the way it kind of seems to fade to not even being noticed. So yea, v7 and all that. All comments are of course welcome.

:::EDIT::: As for v8. the only difference in this from v7 is that the top left shape is darkened at the very edge. I thought it needed to stand out abit more than the one in the foreground.

Name:	7_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	54
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	23474   Click image for larger version

Name:	8_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	56
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	23484  
    Last edited by Deadling; 01-17-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Ok, I'm very happy with v9. I would really like some feedback on it.

Name:	9_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	55
Size:	587.1 KB
ID:	23732  
    Last edited by Deadling; 02-12-2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: my bad on the gradient thing, my res was set low for a game, lol.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Honestly, I liked version 8 better.
    It showed better blending, and making the subject of the piece feel more like she was a part of the background rather than something slapped on.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Tbh. I do like v8. I just wasn't happy with the lining of it. As it is, I'm just happier with the flow of this. But I did forget to move any of the shapes to the foreground, lol. Late nights and all that, lol. Maybe this does help with the blending issues though.

EDIT: and the 2nd one added to this reply I was just toying with. But I kinda liked the way it looked so thought I'd post it.

Name:	10_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	48
Size:	571.3 KB
ID:	23797   Click image for larger version

Name:	11_hatsune_miku_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	60
Size:	572.7 KB
ID:	23798  
    Last edited by Deadling; 02-16-2009 at 04:39 PM.

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You're STILL working on this wall?? AMAZING O.O

I'd have given up a long time ago...
    You're determination is very impressive ^^ And so is the latest version of the wall. You've made a lot of major improvements in it, and you're skill has grown along with that.

Why don't you try submitting it now?

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Dream With Me Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2009 04:09 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Dream ♥

Wow these are really nice i'd love to see more.

Closed Thread

Thread Information