AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finially Its Back! Behold My New Wallpapers

Member Golden Anime Golden Anime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2003 08:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

hurray!
    the first 2 of these wallpapers are extremely touched up versions of walls currently on the site, i spent weeks redrawing the images ^_^;

heres my #1 wallpaper i need stuck on the site

Narusegawa
    http://hstrial-ganime.homestead.com/files/Naru1024.jpg

Shinobu
    http://hstrial-ganime.homestead.com/...hinobu1024.jpg

i have 1600x1200 versions of these if anyone wants them

~ Golden Anime - [email protected]
    Caught in this cage I sing my song.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

those look very good. nice and crisp! Keep up the wonderful work!

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Junior Member spike_mindlesskorn spike_mindlesskorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2003 05:15 AM
    Threads

I think that WP is great! I would love to have the picture in 1600 x 1200. that would be great for my trinitron!

Member The Great Conspiracy The Great Conspiracy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2004 09:51 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Those WPs are really great. The bgs are nice (especially the one of the Belldandy WP) and I love the character pics.

Nothing more to say.
    - silence

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2003 08:50 AM
    Threads

they look ok

i just dont like that shinobu one, doesnt seem to fit

Senior Member ownerizer ownerizer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2004 11:53 PM
    Threads

well, I don't know really what to say.....

The Belldandy one, the main image is too big, the icons will conflict with it.

The Naru and Shinobu one, the backgrounds have no relevance to the image as a whole. It's like the ricer racer cars that are green with purple hoods, it just makes no sense. The blue is a nice color, but there is no blue anywhere else in the image whatso-ever. And the background looks like greasy oil, like what you'd see after you fried bacon.
    "You should buy some weird japanese car that gets like 100 miles a gallon and its fuled by like leaves or something" -Bednar
    "They're all sexy cars." - default
    "Hey Kid! Ima computa! Stop all tha downloadin!"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i never thought it looked like greasy oil..
    its a fractal image

and also the backgrounds arent supposed to have anything to do with the image, i made them blue with a white flare because it makes the picture look "sunny" if you will.

i guess the first one is designed for people with very few icons like myself

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by Golden Anime@Oct 27 2003, 04:16 PM
    i never thought it looked like greasy oil..
    its a fractal image

and also the backgrounds arent supposed to have anything to do with the image, i made them blue with a white flare because it makes the picture look "sunny" if you will.

i guess the first one is designed for people with very few icons like myself
    I don't have any icons on my desktop at all. I turned them off because they're annoying. So what's your point?
    "You should buy some weird japanese car that gets like 100 miles a gallon and its fuled by like leaves or something" -Bednar
    "They're all sexy cars." - default
    "Hey Kid! Ima computa! Stop all tha downloadin!"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

-_-

try reading
    my point was that i designed it for people with few icons!

why are you bitching about conflicting icons when you dont even have any?

Member phantasmagoria is an unknown quantity at this point phantasmagoria's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2004 08:04 PM
    Threads

Boy, can't you just feel the love in this room? Calm down, their only wallpapers. Anyways, I think they look alright. And as for the icon dispute here, I've never really had a problem, but that's just me. So if it interferes with your icons, use another wallpaper. Simple as that...
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;My armies are slain. My castle lies in ruins. My enemies have taken everything from me, all my wealth and power. But they could not kill me. I still walk the Earth, weak but alive. They have taken everything but the beating of my undead heart. Now they will learn of fear, these mewing babies who thought they could destroy me. I shall regain my powers, and come to them in the night. And my visits shall not be kind.&quot; --Kain, Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen</span>

Member Gestahr is an unknown quantity at this point Gestahr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2005 09:28 PM
    Threads

It&#39;s what he does.
    http://www.gestahr.com --&#62; gestahr.com ffxi weblog

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

Sephiroth: Man you gave the light they needed&#33; Simply change the wallpaper... God that was the smartest thing I&#39;ve ever seen someone saying around here when someone starts fighting over a wallpaper, no joke dude&#33; XD

Now onto the wallpapers.
    The Belldandy one has indeed a huge subject pic. The colors fit well and it&#39;s nice, but it&#39;s not like many people would have that as a wallpaper (yes, I did read your post OK?) even if having only a few icons, because it&#39;s very distracting as it is, but overall it looks good, and the pic looks really great. Clean and well cutout.

The Naru one shouldn&#39;t be blue... And the background looks like something very eyecandy... Again, wonderful extraction and pic res, but the background color isn&#39;t really good with that pic... Maybe a faint yellow or some tone of red... Also, I&#39;ve seen a Naru wall on AW that looks a lot like that one...

The shinobu one the blue works well, but maybe change the style of the background to something more smooth and childish, since that&#39;s what would fit her better I believe.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by Golden Anime@Oct 27 2003, 06:09 PM
    -_-
    why are you bitching about conflicting icons when you dont even have any?
    see, now you tell me who&#39;s background looks better, I made that wallpaper myself, and if you look, it&#39;s posted in the AW.com archive. Not everyone has their icons turned off. You need to think about the average Joe when making these.
    &quot;You should buy some weird japanese car that gets like 100 miles a gallon and its fuled by like leaves or something&quot; -Bednar
    &quot;They&#39;re all sexy cars.&quot; - default
    &quot;Hey Kid&#33; Ima computa&#33; Stop all tha downloadin&#33;&quot;

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

the fighting stops now. if you want to argue, take it to PM <_<

Don&#39;t worry about a large subject matter. Did you see my most recent Kanon one? Everyone likes a different type of wallpaper. Just because one person may not like your style doesn&#39;t mean everyone will hate it. There is something out there for everyone.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by MistressPookyChan@Oct 28 2003, 04:51 AM
    the fighting stops now. if you want to argue, take it to PM <_<
    oh well, gotta do what the mod says. I guess it&#39;s fun until Pookers says I can&#39;t do it anymore.
    &quot;You should buy some weird japanese car that gets like 100 miles a gallon and its fuled by like leaves or something&quot; -Bednar

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Originally posted by DarK DeatH@Oct 27 2003, 10:51 PM
    Clean and well cutout.
    heheh, not cut out, completly re-drawn in flash

behold
    *points to attachment*

(sorry pooky, just gotta say this)
    owner: you just stuck a bunch of manga together, yes, very impressive.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2004 02:43 PM
    Threads

I love wallpapers with large subjects, but as slides for my slideshow screensaver instead of as wallpapers.

Member Gestahr is an unknown quantity at this point Gestahr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2005 09:28 PM
    Threads

Golden, you might wanna look into Illustrator. You can do vector stuff that looks more polished in the end.
    http://www.gestahr.com --&#62; gestahr.com ffxi weblog

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i have illustrator, i like it as much as i like Macromedia Freehand, which isnt very much

ive gotten so used to vectoring things in flash i dont think i can change, i even have 3 different methods for producing 3 different styles of vector

the one i used in the belldandy one above is single layer, everything is just done on the one layer and doesnt really look very good when you zoom in, then theres multilayer like my Narusegawa one, looks alot more polished at higher zoom and the lines dont appear to be joined when they shouldnt be

finially theres one which doesnt appear here which is double line multilayer, basically i draw around every line and fill it in with black to create the outlines, its 5 times the work but give a nice inked feel to it: *points to attachment*

(that image is large sized but its only 73kb)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by Golden Anime@Oct 28 2003, 04:06 PM

(sorry pooky, just gotta say this)
    owner: you just stuck a bunch of manga together, yes, very impressive.
    I thought so. It took me time to scan, all the images and arrange them into something I was happy with. It&#39;s a lot more original and took more creative effort than you&#39;re filter clicking.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

filter clicking my arse, the only filter in those 3 wallpapers combined is the lens flare and layer effects for the text

dont make me show you my ultimate vector drawing.. i&#39;ll do it, i swear i will

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

badword&#33; Stop you two right now&#33; I think Pooky said that already before, so just stop it.
    And Golden: Man you gotta be crazy to redraw all of your pics before using them x.o Ever tried Corel Draw? My brother can do really cool stuff with it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2004 02:43 PM
    Threads

But with vector graphics you have a lot more flexibility... you could cut and combine multiple images and change curves MUCH easier than with a rasterized image. With a big enough library of vector images you could just create your own poses and not scour the &#39;net for one you like . Also vector graphics can be scaled with zero quality loss.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

finially someone who knows what a vector is O_o

i usually have to spend hours explaining to people why i do it
    good show man

Member phantasmagoria is an unknown quantity at this point phantasmagoria's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2004 08:04 PM
    Threads

Originally posted by MistressPookyChan@Oct 28 2003, 04:51 AM
    the fighting stops now. if you want to argue, take it to PM&nbsp; <_<
    I don&#39;t really know if it&#39;s a good idea or not but on one message board I was on they had a specific thread just for ranting/disputes. That way nobody saw the argument unless they wanted to, and it didn&#39;t take up space on the other threads. Well, just a suggestion.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;My armies are slain. My castle lies in ruins. My enemies have taken everything from me, all my wealth and power. But they could not kill me. I still walk the Earth, weak but alive. They have taken everything but the beating of my undead heart. Now they will learn of fear, these mewing babies who thought they could destroy me. I shall regain my powers, and come to them in the night. And my visits shall not be kind.&quot; --Kain, Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen</span>

Closed Thread

Thread Information