AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Physical variability

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Physical variability

Out of curiosity if those sailor suits actually look good on real people I googled Japanese class photos and got the following as examples.

Well, first of all I don't think the outfits are flattering at all.

But what really surprised me was that the girls looked ridiculously similar. At least to American eyes. I don't mean their clothes I mean their hair is all the same color. They're nearly all the same hight to a couple inches, very similar body proportions, probably all within 20 pounds of each other, same skin tone.

Almost a little creepy.

So is this some internet oddity or is the genetic diversity over there just not very high?

Also is it not that things are odd over there but that America and some of the other western nations are the oddballs due to cultural mixing and immigration. And in many countries the kids look very similar and don't differentiate until they get older?
    Last edited by sunnyside; 11-15-2008 at 02:50 AM.

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

>.< Its hard to read because the picture stretches the page xD
    Thats one hell of an image you got there, any possible chance of resizing it or using it as an attachment.
    Mmm not so sure on this one, I guess its dominant genes?
    Someone can be mixed with any kind of race and still look white/another race, I guess its kind of like that, my aunt married an American, and she's Korean, her kids look more Korean than they do white.
    Last edited by Gizoku; 11-15-2008 at 02:45 AM.
    Derp.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gizoku View Post
    >.< Its hard to read because the picture stretches the page xD
    Thats one hell of an image you got there, any possible chance of resizing it or using it as an attachment.
    Mmm not so sure on this one, I guess its dominant genes?
    Someone can be mixed with any kind of race and still look white/another race, I guess its kind of like that, my aunt married an American, and she's Korean, her kids look more Korean than they do white.

Resizified for your viewing pleasure.

That good?

So you think maybe there are some dominant "this is how tall you'll be at this age" genes present that trump variation? I suppose that's possible.

Actually maybe more possible with hair and eye color. I know I've heard dark eyes are dominant so if you blend in blue eyes you still are left with dark more or less.

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

xD Thank you kind sir.
    Maybe that, or they're just so much more uniformed than Americans are.
    Derp.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gizoku View Post

Maybe that, or they're just so much more uniformed than Americans are.
    Ba Dum Chshh

He's here all night folks...

EDIT: Hmmmm we have a lot of foreigners here. Does everybody know Ba Dum Chshh?

Last edited by sunnyside; 11-15-2008 at 03:20 AM.

What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 05:11 AM
    Threads

It's harder to tell the difference because in countries like the USA or the UK there are more noticeable differences between people. Plus, someone who lived in Japan could easily tell the difference between those girls because they're used to distinguishing between people of their own race/culture.
    Just like the way anyone could tell the difference between a number of brown haired kids, even with similar hair cuts.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SSDynamite View Post
    It's harder to tell the difference because in countries like the USA or the UK there are more noticeable differences between people. Plus, someone who lived in Japan could easily tell the difference between those girls because they're used to distinguishing between people of their own race/culture.
    Just like the way anyone could tell the difference between a number of brown haired kids, even with similar hair cuts.
    I could tell them apart by face too.

Though I wonder if even the Japanese could tell them apart from the sides or rear from say 50 meters. This because not only does their hair have the same shade and texture they aren't exactly experimenting with a variety of styles here.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 11-15-2008 at 06:32 AM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    So is this some internet oddity or is the genetic diversity over there just not very high?
    It's the other way around. The genetic diversity in America is unusually high, since it's basically composed of people from all around the world. The genetic diversity in Europe is slightly lower than that of north America, but still unusually high for various historical and geographical reasons.

Also, I have it on good authority that Asians are robots from space.
    Last edited by Eris; 11-15-2008 at 08:19 AM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sire Evers View Post
    Also, I have it on good authority that Asians are robots from space.
    S/he knows too much.

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

actually, the reason for the high level of homogeny in japanese DNA is because japan has been an isolated, closed culture for most of it's existence. that isolation started to gradually fade after World War II ended with the U.S. occupying japan and helping to rebuild it, writing the country a consititution similar to the U.S. own that would open japan to the world and transform it into an open, capitalist country. this all happened a scant fifty years ago, which is tantamount to happening just an hour ago in the scope of the history of the world. as such, japanese blood is some of the purest, most homogenized in the world. ergo; a very high degree of physical and mental similarity in the japanese people. they are actually a very lucky people. think about it; the U.S. is one of the most culturally diverse nations in the world. as such, there is a high degree of civil unrest in the country as a result of just culture clash alone. compare that to japan, which has the lowest crime rate in the world, and you can go just about anywhere there, day or night, and feel as safe as you would in your own home. japan DOES have it's problems, but on the whole, i'd say Japan is just about the most wonderful place to live in the entire world. BTW, i happen to think that japanese schoolgirl uniforms are very flattering indeed, much more so than the trashy fashions american girls tend to wear...
    Last edited by Tasuke; 11-15-2008 at 03:39 PM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post
    S/he knows too much.
    Why do you think the CIA is always sending ninjas after me? Even worse, I know the terrible secret of space (which is not that Asians are robots from space.)

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Why do you think the CIA is always sending ninjas after me?
    I always thought is was to gain the location of your secret volcano lair and seize your deathrays. Or maybe to find out the truth of you gender.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post
    I always thought is was to gain the location of your secret volcano lair and seize your deathrays. Or maybe to find out the truth of you gender.
    They know their limits... Not even cat girls can penetrate my volcano lair.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

They know their limits... Not even cat girls can penetrate my volcano lair.
    Um. Word choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tasuke View Post
    japanese blood is some of the purest, .. i'd say Japan is just about the most wonderful place to live in the entire world...
    Unless you lack said pure blood, but that's a whole different discussion.

BTW, i happen to think that japanese schoolgirl uniforms are very flattering indeed, much more so than the trashy fashions american girls tend to wear...
    Well, I'll give them "not trashy".
    Last edited by sunnyside; 11-15-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Um. Word choice.
    You hear what you want to hear, as Freud would tell you.

Junior Member joyneko-sama is on a distinguished road joyneko-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2008 06:07 PM
    Threads

well i cant tell them apart they all look a like ..like aliens T.T

Senior Member Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani has a reputation beyond repute Lady Edani's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2010 04:44 PM
    Threads

wow! they do all look the same! thats got to suck.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by torayuri View Post
    wow! they do all look the same! thats got to suck.
    Believe it or not, but japanese people can't tell the difference between you and your sister either. All gaijins look the same to them.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Unless you lack said pure blood, but that's a whole different discussion.
    I thought this video was hilarious. Especially the sign that said, "We do not accept foreign customers. However, we accept foreign customers that are accompanied by Japanese." Maybe that's why those little girls look the same, because Japanese don't like "interbreeding" (couldn't find a better word) with anyone who's not Japanese.

By the way, I don't like those school uniforms. However, it does make me wonder why anime girls do look better in those uniforms.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Asians reproduce via fission. When an old Asian reaches the end of their life, they stab them with a katana. The elderly person explodes, and highly trained birthing ninjas catch the resulting 4-6 infants, each of which are genetically identical to the parent.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Taiga ga suki da. KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2010 12:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Asians reproduce via fission. When an old Asian reaches the end of their life, they stab them with a katana. The elderly person explodes, and highly trained birthing ninjas catch the resulting 4-6 infants, each of which are genetically identical to the parent.
    It's true. That's how me and my other 3 brothers came into this world.

バン!バン!
    ---

|

---
    [sketches] | [sig thread]

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why do you think the CIA is always sending ninjas after me? Even worse, I know the terrible secret of space (which is not that Asians are robots from space.)
    I have done my studies in Antarctica and have sent many signals to space. So far I have three responses on my EHarmony page by them.

I need the sauce man. They look pretty hot to me. Then again almost everything does.

OR Japanese reproduce through mitosis, either way I reproduce sexually.

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

But what really surprised me was that the girls looked ridiculously similar. At least to American eyes. I don't mean their clothes I mean their hair is all the same color. They're nearly all the same hight to a couple inches, very similar body proportions, probably all within 20 pounds of each other, same skin tone.

Almost a little creepy.

Also is it not that things are odd over there but that America and some of the other western nations are the oddballs due to cultural mixing and immigration. And in many countries the kids look very similar and don't differentiate until they get older?
    Well...the girls you see in the picture looks very similar but you shouldn't use the word "ridiculously". Yes, maybe to American eyes, that is awkward. However, their hair plays the big part of their dress codes. Their hair should not go longer pass the shoulders. And a lot of people would like to follow the little "hidden" trend, just like most of the Asian kids back in my high school, girls starts having hairs like that long, then put it all up and make a lose miny buns, then other girls does the same thing, which makes them all look the same. Again, sorry to use this word but "FOBS" is what I mainly see that is similar to those photos above. Most girls just does the same thing to look cool. Now if you go to Tokyo, you'll see almost 90% of teenage girls are having the same hair styles and same hair colours. Trust me, you will! =]

To respond on your very last sentence. It could be true that people look similar until they get older having their own appearance, but when they are still teenagers, they would always like to go with the majority. Like majority of teenagers like a typical style, they follows it to not feel left out. You can search for more photos from other Asian countries, and look at those photos with your American eyes and see if you notice their similarities and their few differences.

Senior Member Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul has a reputation beyond repute Azul's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Aria Neko Fuuko Starfish Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2011 07:39 PM
    Threads

It's true, Japanese don't like to mix with others. I was thinking the same thing when i saw the pictures. Scary. Down here is where there is absolutely no pure bloods. Jamaican are just the result of mixed up breeding. We have a little african, chinese, indian, caucasion, just about a little of everyone in our blood all as a result of slavery and later indentured workers. I can't seem to remember if the japanese came here to work as indentured workers but i'm sure that the chinese did though. The chinese are taking over. On almost every street corner there is a either a chinese shop or wholesale.

Props to the Japanese for not mixing with others. There is such diversity down here probabely even more so than in America. The culture is great don't get me wrong but to be like the Japanese where we all look alike and no one can say that because i'm brown i'm better and can get better jobs, would be sweeeeet!!!!!!!!!

Yeah for the Japanese.
    The fool sees the bend but doesn't look beyond it.

Gil
    Inspired
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    By the way, I don't like those school uniforms. However, it does make me wonder why anime girls do look better in those uniforms.
    Um. For lack of a better way to say it, I think the anime girls look better in those outfits because they can fill them out. Also anime girls have visible eyeballs. Looking at the difference between Japanese acress photos and impromptu photos like these leads me to believe that either Japanese acresses have a different eye structure or they're deliberately opening their eyes wide for photos.

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan- View Post
    [color=white]
    . Again, sorry to use this word but "FOBS" is what I mainly see that is similar to those photos above. Most girls just does the same thing to look cool. Now if you go to Tokyo, you'll see almost 90% of teenage girls are having the same hair styles and same hair colours. Trust me, you will! =]
    What is FOBS?

Unless they all dye their hair to be the same color and texture that's genetic. But yeah they do style it the same. I find it hard to believe that hair is styled however. I guess they could have gotten together and arranged that they won't put up with the crap American girls often go through styling their hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    Props to the Japanese for not mixing with others. There is such diversity down here probabely even more so than in America. The culture is great don't get me wrong but to be like the Japanese where we all look alike and no one can say that because i'm brown i'm better and can get better jobs, would be sweeeeet!!!!!!!!!

Yeah for the Japanese.
    Hey we just ordered up a whole bunch of Change with a couple sides of Hope over here a couple weeks ago and...wait...brown is better over there?

Closed Thread

Thread Information