AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: on a scale of 1-10 how do you rate elfen lied?1 lowest 10 highest

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 5.71%

1 2.86%

2 5.71%

1 2.86%

1 2.86%

2 5.71%

8 22.86%

6 17.14%

12 34.29%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: elfen lied reviews

Junior Member thelord_28 has a spectacular aura about thelord_28 has a spectacular aura about thelord_28's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2009 02:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: twelvty

Post elfen lied reviews

please post your review of elfen lied here

Senior Member jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2010 06:38 PM
    Threads

It is one of my fav. animes of all time.

Junior Member FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter has a brilliant future FinalFantasyFighter's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2011 09:55 PM
    Threads

Well it was a every good show but when it ended it cloud have gone on to a second season. I like the show and it had such a good plot. But it could have used more to it. Like at the end, does she die, and what happen to the rest of them. They kind of left that all on a cliff hanger.
    †Mew†

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

A 4. Meaningless violence is not needed.

Junior Member TheLolFather is on a distinguished road TheLolFather's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2008 08:08 PM
    Threads

It was pretty much my favorite.

People always say, "Ooooh the gore and the ecchi stuff makes the show bad."

Oh well. The story was great. It's my favorite. The manga was better though.
    Last edited by TheLolFather; 12-02-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The manga showed 2 little girls at the end though @_@ (they were at Kouta's and Nyuu's playing ground after like, years of waiting)

but a 9, the end was pretty disappointing, but everything else, it had me to the edge of my seat
    Over-saturating since '07

Junior Member thelord_28 has a spectacular aura about thelord_28 has a spectacular aura about thelord_28's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2009 02:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: twelvty

i no that part is disapointing and that is a bummer but that is what they decided to do so i cant do anything

Senior Member Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2009 03:50 PM
    Trust me...You don't even want to know >:3
    Threads

Cool

I gave it a 9. Loved the story, the plot, everything about it!....Except the gore lol I know, I'm like a lot of people who say, "ewww gore!!" but even though there was a lot of excessive violence, etc, I loved the story! It went on my "Have to Rewatch" list!

Junior Member storm_owl7 is on a distinguished road storm_owl7's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2009 11:17 AM
    Threads

The whole anime was great and the ending made me cry a lot but it did really left too many unanswered questions though

What happen to the lab that held Lucie, Nana, etc? I mean, the director had horns and all and why would he suddenly give up on searching that village? And did Lucie survive? was it her at the gate? why did the clock suddenly start working?

anyways, lots of unanswered questions...a season 2 would have been great or even an OAV that was like a 'final movie' (not like the OAV they made that's just a more detailed episode 11 )

Junior Member craigaxe is infamous around these parts craigaxe is infamous around these parts craigaxe is infamous around these parts craigaxe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2008 07:48 AM
    Threads

dude great anime great manga i give it a 10 but its dissapointing and leaving to many questions GDI!!!!
    nightmare dimensions! be afaid, be very afraid

Member skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp has a reputation beyond repute skinnyp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2009 01:11 AM
    Threads

I think part of the beauty in the storyline was in fact all of the unanswered questions. The anime really explored the relationship between those with horns and those without and it was interesting how it showed how mistreated lucy was all through her life. It left you to wonder what Lucy ended up doing in the end based off her crazy life experience. That being said, I found the story to be a little bit far-fetched in that Lucy was the one who killed kohta's family was a little weird. The chances of him meeting her again and then the whole elfen lied story happening were just a bit far-fetched I thought. Also, those bullies from Lucy's childhood were a bit extreme. I don't really think people, especially grade-school children, behave like that...
    That was my only real beef with this anime. Other than that, it was excellent. The opening was creepy too...

Member jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz has a reputation beyond repute jubpawz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2009 09:50 PM
    Threads

I loved this anime. My friend showed it to me and I'm so glad she did. The gore and the nakedness didn't bother me at all because it fit with the story. Though for some of my other friends, they'd be all like "OMG WHY. IS. SHE. NOT. WEARING. CLOTHESSS?!??!!"

I gave it a 9 though because I didn't like the ending. I went through the entire anime hating Yuka. I really wanted Lucy and Kouta to end up together. Didn't really work out so much considering Lucy died(I think?). >.<

Junior Member AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine is a glorious beacon of light AquaUndine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2009 04:06 AM
    Threads

This was a great anime, I gave it a 10. It pulls you in with it's deep story as well as characters.The music, the plot, the characters, the scenerios everything intrigued and captivated me. It's an anime I'd strongly recommend.

Member Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge has a reputation beyond repute Jonoridge's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2009 05:03 AM
    Threads

i really enjoyed this anime and i showed some of my mates who don't like anime and they thought it was amazing...

If the gore wasn't in this anime the point of the anime wouldn't be as strong... Elfen Lied hits on tough and sometimes personal subjects such and rape and murder... this may seem to extreme but it allows us to get into the minds of the characters and try and understand what terrible lives they have had. Storyline in itself is immense i truly rate this anime up their with Death Note in terms of Storyline. World class

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

I gave it a seven? Well, because the fact the anime was almost...ALMOST the same as F.E.A.R. (Little girl with pshycic powers = Girl with horns with pshycic powers.)
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

Senior Member Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2009 11:59 PM
    Threads

I gave it a 7-While the storyline was pretty great, the overall super-violent theme was a bit of a turnoff for me (and this comming from a guy whos favorite show is Basilisk)
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...

Senior Member Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2010 02:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I hate the wii !

this is one of my fave anime for many reasons./ the art work, the original story, the characters/the people who voice them ( I thought the dubbed version was really good)

Senior Member Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2009 09:29 PM
    Threads

It's in my collection and on my list of recommendations.

I suppose it requires a bit of a more open-mind when it comes to extreme violence to appreciate (and no, I disagree that the violence is "mindless" or "meaningless"). If you are someone who closes your eyes when faced with such imagery, you are going to miss a lot, including why the violence is not "meaningless".

As far as a lot of the questions posed in the other posts goes... Most of the answers, if not clearly answered, can be reasonably inferred by the dialogue and imagery. So if you have questions, watch it again, pay attention to details, and if you can't find blatant answers, look for evidence of answers and make your own inferences and be satisfied with that. It's never as good if the meaning of everything is just spelled-out for you.

Senior Member AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2009 12:07 PM
    Threads

Ok look this is just my opinion. I just can't watch Elfin lied. I watched up to the seventh episode and then I just stopped watching it. I just can't watch it. She flips out, kills everyone, and rips off their limbs! And the first episode was the worst! Not only that but she was nude in a few episodes!
    Don't get me wrong it was a good anime, I just think it's a little too bloody and graphic for me. That's all.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

"You killed my whole family in front of my eyes when i was a kid and gave me hell, years later, but don't go, i think i love you" - This guys stupidity has to be premiered! Which is why I made the effort of giving it a 5.

On a sidenote: It's too unnecessarily violent and leaves a lot of loose ends.

Cool it with the language. Just because there's an auto-filter doesn't mean leaving the stars is okay.
    Last edited by Cless Alvein; 02-21-2009 at 12:06 PM.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, it' s quite a nice anime. Quite captivating story, with a unique story line and lots of emotions through out the series. However, there a lot of things missing. A lot of explanation is missing in the anime series, I've heard many things are excluded in the anime series from manga to anime series, and the main thing is it's too short, with just 13 episodes to be contented with in the anime series. But the tense environment, the captivating feelings and emotions make it quite worthwhile to see it.
    So, I vote it 8 points in overall.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Member Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2009 02:21 AM
    Threads

Um... there is a more official review thread here:http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=45951

But personally? I loved it. And yes, the manga is better- it has a proper ending and although the art style starts off inconsistently, it evens out later.
    I can't cure your thirst
    Because you who is seeking the truth does not admit the truth

I can't cure your thirst
    Because the the truth that you expect isn't there

But I still want to cure your thirst
    Because I am the one who threw you out in the desert.

-Higurashi no naku koro ni

I MEH IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION!

Member animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob has a reputation beyond repute animesnob's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2009 10:13 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeGirlX95 View Post
    Ok look this is just my opinion. I just can't watch Elfin lied. I watched up to the seventh episode and then I just stopped watching it. I just can't watch it. She flips out, kills everyone, and rips off their limbs! And the first episode was the worst! Not only that but she was nude in a few episodes!
    Don't get me wrong it was a good anime, I just think it's a little too bloody and graphic for me. That's all.
    You should try to finish the series, 'cause the ending is really good. I gave it an 8. I would have gave it a 10, but I do admit it's a tad bit too violent, but the plot was still strong and that's pretty important.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The plot is honestly lost when it comes to all the senseless gore and violence. The whole fact that the boy falls in love with her after she violently killed his family is ridiculous, yet so predictable. There are some characters I find unnecessary.

I give it a 2. It's honestly amazing that I even made it through. The gore didn't bother me, just the fact it didn't captivate me at all.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I gave it a five...My reason for it being that I heard the yelping of the dog being killed. I cried so bad because the puppy was bludgeoned. Sad, I know but I love puppies.

Closed Thread

Thread Information