AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Anime that affected culture

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Anime that affected culture

I was reading about drift racing and ran across something that gave a fair bit of credit to the anime series Initial D for bringing the drifting craze across the ocean.

Any other anime that has made some form of cultural impact?

Gam Zeh Ya'Avor loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2009 06:15 AM
    Threads

Sure, Pokemon did... That was a major hype on the economy. Also, it greatly promoted use of the gameboy. When I was in primary school, there wasn't a single who wasn't bringing his gameboy, with pokemon on it, to school. Though I guess there are many anime out there that have had economical impacts, particulary shounen anime.

"This is the unalterable difference in strength, the distinction that separates the elite from the failure. This is the unchangeable reality."
    -Hyuga Neji-

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i do believe that Anime has been encouraging many among the younger generations of girls to want to act and dress more feminine. i have so many things to be thankful to Anime for, but that is one of the most important. living my teen years throughout the ninties, i can tell you from firsthand experience that there was scarcely a worse period in the history of the world for feminine fashion, a decade in which the overwhelming trend among women was to blatently reject their femininity as much as they possibly could. i was so deeply heartened to find that just when that trend hit it's blackest low, Anime suddenly came along into the mainstream of U.S. culture and started to gradually remind women of just how magical and lovely purely feminine mannerisms and clothing can be...
    Last edited by Tasuke; 11-14-2008 at 02:49 PM.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Ghost in the Shell inspired the Wachowski brothers to make the movie The Matrix. I found this video that compares scenes from Ghost in the shell and The Matrix.

There are many other anime shows that will be adapted into movies, such as Dragonball, Witchblade, Death Angel, Gotchaman, and many others. I found this video on youtube.com that talks about other anime shows that will be made into live action features.

It seems anime is making a huge impact in Hollywood.
    Last edited by SigmaSD; 11-14-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Senior Member LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2010 01:30 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tasuke View Post
    i do believe that Anime has been encouraging many among the younger generations of girls to want to act and dress more feminine. i have so many things to be thankful to Anime for, but that is one of the most important. living my teen years throughout the ninties, i can tell you from firsthand experience that there was scarcely a worse period in the history of the world for feminine fashion, a decade in which the overwhelming trend among women was to blatently reject their femininity as much as they possibly could. i was so deeply heartened to find that just when that trend hit it's blackest low, Anime suddenly came along into the mainstream of U.S. culture and started to gradually remind women of just how magical and lovely purely feminine mannerisms and clothing can be...
    So true. Nineties was awful for that. I can just picture big overalls and baggy grey t-shirts!

Senior Member kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale has a reputation beyond repute kale's Avatar
    Gil
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2008 03:15 PM
    Threads

i agree with loveyourfate. everyone wanted a pokemon game or little stuffed pikachu. not that there's nothin wrong with the game. just saying
    i play flute
    and piano
    and bass!

Closed Thread

Thread Information