AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *Shiori Tenka*'s Works

Senior Member *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2008 03:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default *Shiori Tenka*'s Works

I decided to give signature making a try, after a while of practice and then messing around this was the end product of my second signature avatar set (the first was lost in an unfortunate restart accident )

Avy:
    Signature:

Comments or critisism? (keep it constructive though)

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

cute! I like how the colors mix together, to me they look great all like. . . in paint splashes and such. In the signature, the dark purple on the black makes it kinda hard to read, but overall, it looks good! =)

Senior Member Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2010 05:28 PM
    Threads

The text is kind of hard to read, and sort of sharp.
    Maybe try a different color?

The shape is unique, I like it.

Maybe either lighten or erase that little shadow thing across her face? I think it looks a bit odd.

I like the set, good luck.

Siggy by me!

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

There's a lot of things that you need to work on.
    The shape is unique, however, I feel that what you tried to do wasn't fully achieved.
    It was a very nice attempt though.
    Mind sharing what kind of program that you use?

Senior Member *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Mind sharing what kind of program that you use?
    Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys, I'll keep them in mind.

I have a program called Pixia, it's kind of like Photochop only it doesn't have as many filters, and brushes, and effects to use by default.

Another set, I think the text might be a little hard to read, mayber I should've made it bigger perhaps?

Avy:
    Signature:
    Last edited by *Shiori Tenka*; 11-11-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Senior Member Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think the text is an OK size. I don't know about the color though. Pink and red kinda clash sometimes. I like the idea for the avatar though. The only thing is, those astrisks bother me a bit, especially the black one.

Keep it up!

Siggy by me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok, I'll keep that in ming from now on. I'm glad you like the avy.

Here's another set. (left out the astricts on the avy )

Avy 1:
    Avy 2:
    Signature:

C & C?

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

The extract looks to have jaged edges, and is in bad quality.
    And it looks "pasted", there is very little blending, or none.
    That bravel effect you choose on the border makes it look a little wierd on the hand and down on the left arm.
    I think you should have choosen some effect on the border that made it solid at least.

The first avi:
    The border on it looks jaged.

The second avi is good.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually I made that whole sig from scratch besides the lineart from the character, I colored it and then created a back ground, so, no blending was done, but extraction wasn't needed I thought.

As for the arm, I agree and I wanted to undo it after I uploaded it to photobucket but by then I had saved it as interlaced png and I can't undo it then >.<.

Thanks for the advice on the avies and sigs, (especailly the avy) I'll really make sure to watch out for that in the future.

Another set I made a few mintures ago.

I tried taking some extra time in the extration and then blended the edges a little bit.

Avy:
    Signature:
    Last edited by *Shiori Tenka*; 11-13-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Signature and Avatar set by me. Taking requests.
    My Signature Area
    "If you have to choose the greater of two evils choose the one you haven't done." --- fortune cookie 10/29/08
    Jag lovar jag ska inte gråta.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well I waited two days, and no one posted, so here are two more sets I made.

Signature:

Signature:

Signature:

Signature:

I think the last one is my best so far.

C & C?
    Last edited by *Shiori Tenka*; 11-16-2008 at 11:44 AM.

My Signature Area
    "If you have to choose the greater of two evils choose the one you haven't done." --- fortune cookie 10/29/08

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well it's been today's again, hopefully I'll get someone's attention this time.

Signature:

Signature:

My Signature Area

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...kaphotos/8.png
    This one is pretty nice, nice green color.
    Has some nice effects in the hair.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...kaphotos/9.png
    I don`t like the brushes you have in her hair here.
    I would have erased the part thats on the hair, so it looks like that part goes under her head instead.

Your textwork is too big.

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like the pink border in your first newest avi. Try having it pink all the way around.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A set made at the request of Paper~♥ , hope ya like it.

Signature:

and I redid one of the sigs to Des' advice, I took the swirls off the hair, unfortunately I'm a super idiot and accidentally saved the text on the wrong layer with a bunch of other stuff so I couldn't fix that without haveing to do a lot of work that I'm too lazy to do XD.

Adjusted Signature:

My Signature Area

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Hmm :P
    Too much erased, I didn`t say you should remove thepart of the brush that was on her chest hehe.
    That part doesn`t distract.
    The hair is an importent part of the focal, and shouldn`t be covered to much like that, small stuff is ok, but not big brushes that goes over from one side to the other.

The Paper one is nice.
    How about having the heart inside that box there instead of like it is?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, and I never thought to do the text like that, but that is a good idea.

a new set I did from boredom and playing to much Alterier Iris 2:

Siggnature:

and one for listening to too much music:

Signature:

And another from too much Tekken 5

Signature:

C & C?
    Last edited by *Shiori Tenka*; 11-20-2008 at 06:30 PM.

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well it's been a couple more days, .... I'm starting to notice a patern here ^^;.

Another set I made:

Signature:

And a failed attempt at what I think was a semi vectorish signature:

Signature:

(C & C?)
    Last edited by *Shiori Tenka*; 11-24-2008 at 10:24 AM.

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Le sigh I'm about to stop posting.

A sig I amde while trying to follow a tutorial, I messed up on the layering on one layer and kind of liked what happened so I messed around with it and this is the result.

Signature:

and another:

Signature:
    Last edited by *Shiori Tenka*; 11-24-2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: typos

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thought I'd try one last time to get some attention for my sigs and get them commented on.

I decided to do a sig of me and then decided to do the same basic sig only with a few changes and an anime character and I wanted the signature's theme to fit my name *Shiori Tenka*(which means white ice).

Version1.1 using pic of me:

Version 1.2 using anime pic and changes with the font placement and border and color scheme as well:

Version 1.2 Avatar:

My Signature Area

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Okay I'm just going to address all of the sets in your last four posts. buckle down, this post may get long.

>First post<

#1: I like this one. However, I don't like the fact that you're using green AND red. I know with the green you're trying to give it the poison feeling, but the way you have it, it does two things: firstly, with the black to green gradient, it's really difficult to read it. Try to use some lighter colors for the gradient so it stands out better. Secondly, the green with the red just makes me think Christmas (especially with the white mixed in there with it) which really doesn't fit well with the feeling you're trying to achieve here. I think you should choose between the two. Green or red. Don't use both unless you're really going for a Christmas theme. Plus green and blue tend to clash. Then, finally, there's something bluish along the edges of the skull and crossbones that makes it look unfocused and the actual edges look very pixelated. Going over it with some kind of smudge tool or just some soft brushes at a light opacity should fix that, though.

#2: Overall, I like this one, too. I just think you should try to play with the colors. Different colors are very interesting, but I think there are too many colors. It's just a little overwhelming. I like the floral-music thing. It's pretty and the render is kind of spunky. Might I suggest that you do something a little different to the right. There's some white-ish stuff here that looks something like a brush, but it's kind of fuzzy and it's a little hard to tell what it is. You could make it so that it's easier to tell what it is or you could do some funky smudging and playing around with it so that it doesn't feel so much like the person looking at it needs to strain to find something there.

#3 There's some really cool stuff going on here, but like the previous set, you're getting close to using too many colors. Especially in places where you're getting really close to blue AND purple. Blue and purple, I'm afraid is a HUGE no-no for me. They clash like crazy 99% of the time. Try to keep to blue, black and pink. You're pretty good with most of the sig, but there's too many places where you either get really close to purple or it's just out-right purple. The text I think is alright but I think placement should be rethought. I think it's fine in that general area but if you leveled it out, it might look better. OR, you could put it all on one line and turn it to the same angle that her elbow slants at. Play around with it a little. And I'm not sure I like the pink border on the avatar. Use another blue or even black, or if you're really set on pink, try a really dark or a really light shade. Don't get me wrong, though. This is one of my favorites.

>Second post<

#1: This one is pretty. The only suggestion I can give is to rethink text colors and placement. It's a little hard to read and at its angle and position, doesn't really go with the flow and direction of any of the rest of the sig.

#2: Really cute. I like the text effect but I think it's overdone a little bit. The outline of your render could be just a little smoother.

>Third Post<

#1: You're using a very interesting and cool effect with the grass/flower shapes. I like it, but I think you could just rethink the rest of the sig. In fact, it could be really neat if you just used the girl and that burning floral/grassy effect. And (sorry!) text. Try for a more fiery color or a fiery gradient. Or you could try to get that text shape and then use whatever you used to make the grass look fiery and pull it over the text and make the effect conform to the text shape.

#2: I like this one a lot, too. Make the text a little smaller and move it around a little. If you moved it so that all the see-through bits were white, it might look a bit better. Or you could make the text white then flip and move it so that it runs along the erased areas along the side. I like the quality of the render and the avatar is... interesting. It looks good... it's just... interesting.

>Last Post<

I'm not a fan of these last two. The ice/snow effects are interesting but the color choices are no the best, especially in the first one. And the snow-ice flake-things look a little squashed and stretched. I think for both you could add something more just to make it more interesting. In both of them you have a lot of empty space and while what you have going on is cool, it all blends together and feels a bit like just background, wallpaper stuff. Add something like a brush or just some random shape, or if possible, a clipping mask. Just try to add something in the big empty spaces to the left. I like the avatar.

Overall, you're doing well and going in the right direction. I know I said a lot, which makes it seem like I'm just picking it all apart saying "oh, this stuff is horrible." Trust me. That's not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to help, and like with my clarinet, when I go into lessons - if we're being nitpicky with small details it's a GOOD THING. That means that you're almost there but if you just changes these few little things it could be just magnificent. The main thing you're struggling with is text color, placement, etc. This is a very common problem. I still have a LOT of problems with making text look good. The general goal for good text placement should answer some questions.

Does it cover up anything interesting?
    Does it go with the flow of the rest of the graphic?
    Is the Text interesting to look at?
    Does the color or colors of the text fit the color scheme for the rest of graphic?
    Can you see it?

If you can get the answer to all of those questions concerning text to be at least decent answers, you've probably got some nice text effects. Trust me though, this is really hard. I have problems with text all the time and I'm sure many other magnificent graphicers here, do too.

You're doing really well and I hope you keeping putting up new stuff. I'm looking forward to it.

~*~ NOTE: This post was edited several time because I make many mistakes and often find things I want to add after it's already up. If you've already read this, you may want to reread some parts... I'm silly like that... Sorry. ~*~

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 12-04-2008 at 09:57 PM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh wow someone replied....*cries tears of joy*

Thanks for all the input I'll try to keep them in mind for my future sets.
    Although this is a set I made before I read the input so if it seems to be completely ignoring it that's why:

Signature:

Signature:

My Signature Area

iProcrastinate. Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2010 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I wish T.T

You're getting better. C:
    I'd try and blend things a bit more. You know, match the colors up a bit?
    And some of your BGs are kind of plain, I hope to see more.
    You have talent~. ^^

P.S I like your current set a lot.
    I Sig by Hakuchuumu<3 I

We're Waiting For You. :]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the comment, I'll try to keep it in mind from now on.

Here's a set I made.

Signature:

A signature I made two versions of

This one I like more:

This one's cool too though:

(C & C)

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

On the one you made two versions of, I'm wondering what the second version would have been like if you replaced the pink with one of the colors from the characters eyes. I feel like then the flowers and border might fit better. I'm not sure if it would diminish the way the eyes stand out though.....

They're nice though!

Siggy by me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Requested set for Deadwings:

Signature:

Nariel's suggestion:

Signature Version 2.2:

My Signature Area

Closed Thread

Thread Information