AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Help with my Japanese Homework :-)

Junior Member ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2008 08:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Help with my Japanese Homework :-)

はじめまして。
    hajimemashite.

Quick Facts:
    I'm a senior at Rutgers University.
    I am taking Japanese 101 right now.
    The course/books we are using is: Genki (excellent Textbook published by Japan Times).
    It helps the student to learn 4 essential skills.
    reading,writing,speaking, and listening.
    I am in week 10 out of 14 of class.
    I am in Chapter 5 of Genki.
    I would like to keep this thread alive and for anyone as well who is a beginner like me who also needs help with Japanese Language.
    ---
    Questions:
    Homework Question:
    Write down the sentences telling if you like/dislike the things below. Use Suki and kirai(Na). and Dai for emphasis.

Example:
    Japanese Class
    Answer: 私は日本語のクラスが大すきです。
    Romanji: watashi wa nihongo no kurasu ga daisuki desu.
    I really like Japanese Class.

this town -> How do I say: "This town" in Japanese?
    私はしずか(な)まちがすきです。
    Watashi wa shizuka(na)machi ga suki desu.

How would I say:
    Let's take pictures here.
    これでkorede <--is this right?
    これでしゃしのとりましょう。
    korede shashin o torimashoo.

Lets watch this movie tonight.
    こんばんこのえいがお見ましょう。
    konban kono eiga o mimashoo.

Let's wait in the coffee shop.
    きさてんでおまちましょう。
    kisatende o machimashoo.

This kanji is difficult. Let's ask our teacher.
    むずかしいかんじです。musukashii kanjidesu. <- is this right?
    私たちのせんせいお___?

can I also say: Sensei no ? would that work as: our sensei?
    watashitachi no sensei o (to ask). How do I conjugate to ask?

Lets do the homework together.

Thanks for all your help! An answer before 12am tonight is appreciated.
    Last edited by ryusan_daidouji; 11-04-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Junior Member slefouxo is a jewel in the rough slefouxo is a jewel in the rough slefouxo is a jewel in the rough slefouxo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 03:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: alecmagician

Very good, I just recently learned Japanese,
    それを理解するための非常にクールな言語だよ! ^ _ ^
    See With Your Eyes, Not With Your Hands

Junior Member ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji has much to be proud of ryusan_daidouji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Question

Quote Originally Posted by slefouxo View Post
    Very good, I just recently learned Japanese,
    それを理解するための非常にクールな言語だよ! ^ _ ^
    Thank you for your reply. Could you help me edit my hw (above). ^^;; I can't read all that kanji btw..

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2008 12:18 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Okay, I lost my BIG LONG message I had for you, don't have time to type another one, so I will let someone else go into details if they want.

My quick bio:
    I'm a 2nd year grad student studying Language Acquisition and Teaching specializing in Japanese. So I love to help out where I can when it comes to the language! (I got my Bachelor's in Japanese-so fun! But a lot of work...)

The run-down:

most of your sentences look fine. But...

Beware of your particle wo. You keep typing o. If you mean particle wo, make sure you type W-O, not just O. Also, with your n. Double-tap your N to make sure it shows up properly on screen (as in しゃしん).

This - modifying a noun, you are looking for kono

This - being a noun, you mean kore. In your context, you want koko ("here"). All three of these (kono, kore, koko) are part of the Ko-So-A-Do series. Don't know what that is? Ask your teacher, because you should!

In your "lets see a movie" sentence, you need the particle wo (を), not o. Beware!

In your Kissaten de omachimashou - take out that o. It looks like you tried to use particle wo again. If that's so, definitely take it out. Remember to put a small っ in your kissaten (きっさてん).

As for asking the teacher, you need the particle "ni". Watashitachi no sensei ni kiki......... Okay, so, you are looking for the verb "kikimasu," but YOU have to finish conjugating it, okay? I know you can do it--you did it in the sentences before with the other verbs.

And no, saying "Sensei no" is NOT the same thing as "watashitachi no sensei." In this case, "no" is showing it's possessive side, so saying "Sensei no" is saying "Sensei's...(something or other)." So be careful, it is not the same thing!

I hope this helps. Sorry it's so short--blasted computer! Lost all my good explanations and now I'm out of time!

がんばってください!

Keep reviewing and practicing!
    「つれづれなる涙星になるまで 好きでいてもいいよね?」 - 米倉千尋

--日本語が間違えれば、知らせてお願いいたします!--

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa Iam View Post
    Okay, I lost my BIG LONG message I had for you, don't have time to type another one, so I will let someone else go into details if they want.

My quick bio:
    I'm a 2nd year grad student studying Language Acquisition and Teaching specializing in Japanese. So I love to help out where I can when it comes to the language! (I got my Bachelor's in Japanese-so fun! But a lot of work...)
    Impressive Work! すばらしいですよ。 私もとてもたのしいとおもしろい日本語が大すきです。
    The run-down:

most of your sentences look fine. But...

Beware of your particle wo. You keep typing o. If you mean particle wo, make sure you type W-O, not just O. Also, with your n. Double-tap your N to make sure it shows up properly on screen (as in しゃしん).
    Yes I see the mistakes. Thank You very much.
    This - modifying a noun, you are looking for kono

This - being a noun, you mean kore. In your context, you want koko ("here"). All three of these (kono, kore, koko) are part of the Ko-So-A-Do series. Don't know what that is? Ask your teacher, because you should!

Kore-Sore-Are-Dore Thank you I was a little confused how to say. Let's Watch This Movie Tonight. Konban kono eiga wo mimashoo.

In your "lets see a movie" sentence, you need the particle wo (を), not o. Beware!
    Yes. I wrote it how it was pronounced, whoops!
    In your Kissaten de omachimashou - take out that o. It looks like you tried to use particle wo again. If that's so, definitely take it out. Remember to put a small っ in your kissaten (きっさてん).

As for asking the teacher, you need the particle "ni". Watashitachi no sensei ni kiki......... Okay, so, you are looking for the verb "kikimasu," but YOU have to finish conjugating it, okay? I know you can do it--you did it in the sentences before with the other verbs.
    I was confused before and shocked that the verb Kiku (wo) means (to listen), also means: Kiku (ni) (to ask) depending on the Particle used?
    And no, saying "Sensei no" is NOT the same thing as "watashitachi no sensei." In this case, "no" is showing it's possessive side, so saying "Sensei no" is saying "Sensei's...(something or other)." So be careful, it is not the same thing!
    Sorry for the little mistakes lol. Oh Yeah! I already knew that about Sensei.. I got it! Thanks!
    I hope this helps. Sorry it's so short--blasted computer! Lost all my good explanations and now I'm out of time!

がんばってください!

Keep reviewing and practicing!
    ありがとうございますよ。あなたのとてもたのしいとやさしい人ですよ。 私は日本語をべんきょ します。
    Last edited by ryusan_daidouji; 11-04-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information