AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The 'Broken Sword' Series

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The 'Broken Sword' Series

The 'Broken Sword' Series
    Does anybody, other than me, play this delightfully puzzling, point-and-click, computer game series?

I for one adore this genre of gaming. Adventure, puzzle, detecting, point-and-clicks, with a hint of great humour. I also love problem solving, which makes this a perfect game for myself.

I am far into the first three games of the franchise, yet to play the fourth one as I have not installed it as of yet, and I am enjoying them a lot. They are genius games in which one must also have a good thinking, and clever, mind themselves to play.. or to get through it quicker as I imagine some people use the "random clicking" method to get further.

Some puzzles prove very difficult, only to appear obvious once one has succeeded in doing them. One must have very good eyes and common sense to accomplish Broken Sword games.

It is not a very spoken of game and it is quite old now, nonetheless if there are any fans then by all means post about it here.

Last edited by Amray The II; 10-25-2008 at 03:31 PM.
    That which is; is the truth.

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

Nice to bring this up. I have Templars and Mirror on the PS1.

Never finished either of them though, unfortunately.

I say the best part of the games is the voice acting and music.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I, my, me! I reply!

I also loved the voice acting. Rolf Saxon providing the voice of George Stobbart was possibly the best choice in gaming history. He was amazing as George. His sarcastic dialogue was perfect and it suited his 'travellers' way of speaking.

I also agree on the music. I found the music to be quite decent, especially the piano pieces.

I have finished none of the games either, I am just simply far into all of them. The puzzles and such prove challenging in some areas (..or most, rather).

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yup, great games. I love the artwork in the first two games. A stunning level of detail you'll never get in 3D games.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I agree, the artwork and motion of the characters was stunning. It was produced with an engine named 'Virtual Theatre', which was designed so that the 2D animated characters could move and interact in front of a drawn background using 'point and click' elements. But yes, the artwork was amazing which deserves praising as those first two games were so long with many different areas and motions.

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wonder how the later, 3D versions compare.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
    Wonder how the later, 3D versions compare.
    They are infinitely more bland. But the first two games are absolutely awesome, so the latter games are still pretty good.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The 3rd dimentional Broken Sword games were still quite amazing although they do not compare to the first two games. It was a good change of atmosphere though, to move around freely in the landscapes and to look at things at a more realistic standing (3D graphics). The first two games were just amazing though. Old animated, point and click, games with decent music and puzzles. The fourth game did somewhat bring this type of gameplay back but it still had its 3D graphics and such, nonetheless they are still great games.

My favourite scenes thus far had to be from the second game, mainly The Dock, with the fat man that eats beans in his little cabin and has that dog named Twenty. That scenerio was beautifully done.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah yes.

Then if I remember right, you smoke him out by blocking the chimney or something.

About 2 years since I played that scene.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
    Ah yes.

Then if I remember right, you smoke him out by blocking the chimney or something.

About 2 years since I played that scene.
    Yes, that is the one! Then you sneak through the back of his cabin and still his things, such as his dog biscuits and such. I just simply liked the atmosphere of that scene, the night time harbour. 'twas beautiful.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kajiwara View Post
    Yes, that is the one! Then you sneak through the back of his cabin and still his things, such as his dog biscuits and such. I just simply liked the atmosphere of that scene, the night time harbour. 'twas beautiful.
    Hehe, I love people's responses when you offer them dog biscuits. Or show them your lucky piece of coal.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless Destroyer Eris View Post
    Hehe, I love people's responses when you offer them dog biscuits. Or show them your lucky piece of coal.
    Yes, me too! If my memory serves me I think that the head of that tribal village actually eats them and asks for more. I also offered him other various things, such as the worm and my lucky piece of coal. I was going to offer him the lace-trimmed panties although I wanted to pass as soon as possible.

Did you catapult the lucky piece of coal using the bicycle inner-tube, only to find it on the zombie island after the boat journey? I was so happy when that happened because I thought my lucky piece of coal was gone for good.

Closed Thread

Thread Information