AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Darkandiel's Signatures

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darkandiel View Post
    No no no. The one's I made before were not beautiful, they were rubbish. I made a background by messing around with effects and then slapping a render on top. They were in no way unique and I won't go back to that.

I'm not following tutorials. I am a professional graphic designer yo, so I don't need to. I think I know what looks good and what doesn't. I sometimes read tutorials for new techniques. I think I can do a lot of this stuff on my own. It just takes a bit of time and effort to get it right. I look on sig making as being different to what I do in the real world. It's an art in it's own right and I do have a lot more to learn in this area and I am doing my best. I don't need to revert to where I was months ago. Thank you!

...and there really is no need to quote all of those images, you could've used links. >_>
    That Halloween one with the girl popping out of the background is gorgeous. The colors work well with each other and it's quite unique and beautiful. They are unique and wonderful. I didn't say revert back to that way. But you can certainly use that technique and make it better. Characters aren't suppose to hide in the background. Characters are the focal point of signatures. They aren't suppose to blend in the background. It's using the colors of the character as the background, but colors that won't make them blend. God those signatures months ago are far more beautiful then this formulaic stuff you have now.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Senior Member Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2018 01:47 PM
    Threads

I feel like I'm being ganged up on in my own thread :/

I seriously, don't want to go back to that style. I'm sorry, but as far as aesthetics go, my newer ones are better. I've had a look through your thread and that's how you do things, fine. I'm not going to say anything more than, yeah 5 minutes each or less. (Well I could anyway.) I'm not one for going into other people's thread and criticizing their work without knowing that what I've got to say may be helpful.

And Graham Aker, if you can recreate the heroes sig in that way, please do so. *sigh* For arguments sake: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...cture1copy.png
    Last edited by Darkandiel; 05-18-2009 at 08:24 PM.

Not taking sig requests at the moment - sorries

My Extractions

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Honestly, Rem you need to stop acting as though your criticism is something that everyone should follow. Just because it may seem as though it's constructive it does not necessarily mean that it is.

Onwards, Darkandiel, I have noticed your improvements along the tag making and I will have to say that I am quite impressed.

Although the only thing that bothers me is the fact that a lot of your signatures seem to have a dulled effect on colors. It's just my opinion, but I usually prefer signatures to have powerful and vivid colors. And if it's in black and white, that it should have good contrast.

Also typography. If it doesn't look like it needs it, it probably doesn't (which you have done with a lot of your signatures). If you DO decide to put some text in your signature, I really do recommend trying something creative with it rather down in the corner.

Overall, you're improving in the tag making. I'll be watching here and there. Keep it up.

Senior Member Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel has a reputation beyond repute Darkandiel's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My latest attempt

My Extractions

One Volt Battery High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk has a reputation beyond repute High Risk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2009 11:53 AM
    Threads

You've definitely been improving your signature making skills. Kudos on that! I like how you utilize different effects on your pieces. For your latest one, I'm finding that the colors of the character are blending a bit too much with the background (since the character is pretty much yellow and reddish, and the bg is yellow and red) so I think popping the character out a bit more would do wonders. Otherwise, I think it looks nice and I like the radial effect that you did in the background. :]

I love your pieces, but I do see what Rem was saying in a sense. Perhaps if you worked on popping the characters in your signatures a bit, maybe through higher contrast, you would probably achieve wondrous results. Great stuff - I'm quite impressed!
    Last edited by High Risk; 05-23-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've had a couple of days of no motivation lol. Back on track again XD
    Made another today, it just has my alternate nick so ignore that.

My Extractions

Fat & Sassy Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2011 05:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: NoirNue

You may call your early attempts rubbish, but I think they're all great.They're beautiful. I really look forward to seeing how you progress.
    I just recently stated making sigs, but even a photoshop noob like me can tell that you're good at this. I can see where Rem is coming from though when he compares your early work to what you have now. You sometimes blend the character just a bit too much with the background. It looks good, but I think they need just a tad more pop.
    It's your style though, so either way, keep up the good work. c^ (thumbs up)
    I wish Medusa would stop objectifying people.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks Aiokumo. Admittedly, I was thinking a tiny bit like REM at the start. I was perhaps a little reluctant to use blending or effects on characters because of what I do in my print design, which does not involve PS effects. XD Now that I've "embraced" it, I'm learning new stuff and discovering features of PS that I never would've used. It's good fun. =)

My failed SoTW entry lol. For this one I made some vectors in illustrator and imported to PS. It was a bit more work than usual, but I had fun making it. I knew it was going to be a risky entry because of the lack of PS effects XD.

and of course the extraction is by Serated
    Last edited by Darkandiel; 05-23-2009 at 08:51 PM.

My Extractions

Fat & Sassy Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2011 05:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: NoirNue

Yeah. I saw that one. I liked it. It looks like you had fun with it and it shows. Only thing I thought was off was that the tip of the guitar is the same color as the "shadow". But I guess blue would have blended too well with the girl so w/e.
    I wish Medusa would stop objectifying people.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Another creation. Ironman again.

My Extractions

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

I would have nver guessed that was your sotw entry :O
    So diffrent from your usuall tags.

The IronMan tag:
    Nice effects.
    How does it look without the border, can you post it? xD

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sure =)

Here it is without the border

You know, it looks better without XD
    Last edited by Darkandiel; 05-25-2009 at 04:50 PM.

My Extractions

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You know, it looks better without XD
    You know, most pople on a gfx forum I`m on says most sigs look better without a border.
    I think their right XD
    Your sigs looks better without yeah =)
    But it does also look cool with the kind of border you did xD

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, I decided I'd post up a few of these, I'll post them in my sig thread because they are not AF banners XD. I made these for another site and for different skins, the background colours have to be a certain hex to blend with the skins on the left. I kept most of them simple as banners should be IMO. I know a couple of them could be better, but meh.

My Extractions

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Wow, I'm really liking a lot of those Ironman signatures that you have done lately. Especially the latest. I don't mind the one with the borders though. That's just me though.

The typography is getting better as well that I have noticed. The negative space needs a bit of working on though. You can probably use a bit of solid C4Ds or clipping masks to fill that up but remember try not to forcefully fill up the negative space or it will clearly show.

Now those banners are really not that bad at all. The first two are something I like the best out of the batch that you posted because they are probably the most vibrant in color which is very important. I probably have a slight attraction to the banners from the little motto that you have up there but I digress.

The fire on the second one is really convincing except on the left side. If you were able to sharpen or define the flames a bit more, I believe that the second banner would become a really amazing piece.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, I try not to make it obvious with the negative space, sometimes it is really hard to fill space. I end up thinking it looks like it's placed and remove it or blend it in XD. I guess as I get more confident with it, that will get better.

Well the slogan in the dragon banners is not mine (I love it though) it was a winning slogan from a contest. Then we had a contest to create banners using that slogan. Actually it is the bottom two that are in the rotation right now, because they haven't looked at the other skins yet. I agree the default grey is not a nice colour to work with and it is difficult to use strong colours effectively. I prefer working on the other skins myself.

Me messing around in photoshop again:

Last edited by Darkandiel; 05-29-2009 at 02:36 PM.

My Extractions

Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Both pretty nice.
    Nice effects, good colour.
    Text on the Spider-man could go in front of him, like between his head and arm there. Well I think thats where I`d add it.
    KIU

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks ^^. I was having a bad day with the type yesterday Deso, so I left it out of the Spiderman one. XD

New siggys.

Last edited by Darkandiel; 06-07-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: combined two posts, hate triple posting lol

My Extractions

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ahhh, I couldn't do anything for almost a week. I had signature block, or lack of motivation - laziness - whatever you want to call it.

Made this simple one just now:

EDIT: I got bugged to make a tutorial for this one, and I posted it here http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=86508

Oh yes, I forgot. My super failed sig from SoTW a while back.
    Last edited by Darkandiel; 06-09-2009 at 07:24 PM.

My Extractions

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2019 12:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

... and I made this one today because I was bored ^__^

Hah, Shannon your my hero :D

Seriously though, girl you have gotten SO MUCH BETTER! It's amazing what you have accomplished in a few months. Keep up the awesome work!

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks Morning Grace <3

I made this today for a friend on another site.

and another. I tried something a little different
    Last edited by Darkandiel; 06-12-2009 at 04:12 PM.

My Extractions

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I had to do a couple of requests today for friends.
    Well the one I made this for is just a meanie. There was other text but I removed it =P

This one was for another friend. (extract by Mira, I think)

My Extractions

Midori wa teki da~ Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia has a reputation beyond repute Clawdia's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2010 05:49 PM
    Threads

This and This.

I saw win.

The first one, is a very cool idea. Did you use a stock? I like it a lot. The way you multiplied it all over, and distorted it reminds me of glass or something. It's very bright (but not too much), and has a clean and cold feeling that I find very suitible.

I don't find the text placement to be in the best place, though. Or maybe it is and you just needed a different font. I probably would've also added some clipping masks, starting at your focus point and spreading outwards. But that's because I'm insane. Keep fidding around, it's doing you good.

And now, for the second piece, I'm drawn in by the colors. And then I'm fixated by the effects. I can see some lovely C4D work and...smudging? Is that it? I'm awful when it comes to C4Ds, can't do it.

I'm very jealous of that friend of yours, I want this signature. XD Will you make a tutorial for this one? Looking at this piece might take me to the point of obsession if you don't.

Jang Hyunseung is perfect in everyway. SO-1 FIGHTING.
    Iceflower made this dazzling signature.

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Clawdia View Post
    This and This.

I saw win.

The first one, is a very cool idea. Did you use a stock? I like it a lot. The way you multiplied it all over, and distorted it reminds me of glass or something. It's very bright (but not too much), and has a clean and cold feeling that I find very suitible.

I don't find the text placement to be in the best place, though. Or maybe it is and you just needed a different font. I probably would've also added some clipping masks, starting at your focus point and spreading outwards. But that's because I'm insane. Keep fidding around, it's doing you good.

And now, for the second piece, I'm drawn in by the colors. And then I'm fixated by the effects. I can see some lovely C4D work and...smudging? Is that it? I'm awful when it comes to C4Ds, can't do it.

I'm very jealous of that friend of yours, I want this signature. XD Will you make a tutorial for this one? Looking at this piece might take me to the point of obsession if you don't.
    Thanks Clawdia ^__^

Well, for the first one I used a render of the robot, not a stock. I had it on my computer for quite some time and had no idea what to do with it til now XD. The text for this one was a pain in the butt. I did add a couple of clipping masks to blend in the robot a little. I was going for subtle, but pehaps a little more wouldn't have hurt.

For the second one, Siberia wanted this render. Yes there is smudging in the background etc. I did a lot of messing around with that. I can try making a tut for it, I still have the .psd someplace. The other tutorial I made for the sonic sig was quite simple and my first ever tut. This one will take much longer XD. In the mean-time you can fight Siberia aka Magic Cookie, (you probably know her) for it, and bring a sharp weapon, she can be scary. =P

My Extractions

Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wieeeeee failed SOTW entry on other forum.

And winning entry from SoTW55
    Last edited by Darkandiel; 06-21-2009 at 08:58 PM.

My Extractions

Closed Thread

Thread Information