“Me? Protect her? We hate each other! How do you figure?” Kyon emphasized the word hate, caressing the word as he spoke it.

Kairos was puzzled by Kyon’s reaction. He couldn’t fully understand him. He was unlike Kiyoshi. She was innocent and maybe didn’t realise how much so. It made her easier to read. But Kyon was different. He wasn’t as readable. Kairos found it so puzzling but at the same time exciting. He remembered how much he loved puzzles as a kid. This one would be just as fun.
“Strange that you hate her.” He said putting the same effort into the hate as Kyon had. “I would have assumed you were both close to each other having to share the same body. After all you know you have to put up with each other. Or do you care more then you say.” Kairos gave him a curious look, “Or more then you want to believe you do.” He then continued into the kitchen.

“W-What did Kiyoshi give you that was so precious?” Kyon asked before continuing.

“What did she give me?” Kairos looked at him like he was an idiot. “I know we haven’t known each other long but I thought you could tell.” He turned to him a piece of bread still in hand. “Look at me. I no longer feel, nor look like, the burden of the world in on top of me. When all this started I tried to hide it. I was the one that told others to push on and give hope. But everything soon pilled up. Before I knew it I was the one without hope. Then she appears. Some how all she did was talk to me and listen. She volunteered to share my pain. You must have felt it as well. She showed me that I didn’t have to carry things on my own.” He smiled. Such a sincere smile. Kairos then turned back to making some sandwiches.
“By the way what would you like in a sandwich? My dad use to make me them all the time, so did John. Bu they always put weird fillings in them.”
He felt a little down at the mention of his dad. But instead he smiled to himself and promised to see them again one day.

“And what am I going to be helping you with exactly?” He knew that he was asking a lot of questions, but he was extremely curious, most likely because Kiyoshi was, but at the same time, he wanted to know what was going on.

“It’s simple really. What does she like? Who does she like? Where does she like? I want to find some way to repay her. I am guessing you would know. You’re a part of her. Just another human looking to find your way.” Kairos took pause for a moment. He wondered if Kyon had ever been called Human. He would guess not. It must be hard on him being viewed as something else. Kairos felt like it was important to treat him as a human.
“Or do you know someone else who could help me? I just want to find someway of saying thank you. A part of me…A part of me just wants to find some way to make her as happy as she has made me now.” He smiled and turned around. He was holding a cheese and ham sandwich. He took a bite. “And besides you’re both my friends now. Why wouldn’t I want to do something for you?” He smiled again. Kairos was feeling better then he had ever been. So he just kept smiling. He kept smiling and hoped it would last forever.