AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What is the significance when you end a sentence with わけで。

Junior Member raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2009 03:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What is the significance when you end a sentence with わけで。

えー、作家っていうのは、そのー、自殺で人生の幕を閉じることが多いわけで。

What is the
    で here? Is it a particle or copula?

Member Sickness is an unknown quantity at this point Sickness's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2009 04:03 PM
    Threads

it means "with reason" I think...
    I'm not on that lvl of jpn sorry.
    Even the blooming flowers will eventually fade. Even our world is not eternal. The deep mountains of vanity cross them today and superficial dreams shall no longer delude you.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam has a reputation beyond repute Rinoa Iam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2008 12:18 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Unhappy Mmmmm, does this help at all?

I think it is merely the ーて form of わけです。

I agree that わけで can mean a reason for something, and that's what I usually use it for, because that's easiest to understand!

It also, however, is used as an expression of a conclusion the speaker draws. Easiest translations: "I take it that....", "So it means that...", "Naturally...."

I don't know the whole context that you found that sentence in, but based off of what I know (and someone else feel free to jump in, lol) it seems like you could almost say, "I take it that many have closed the tomb on life through suicide." Or "Naturally, there are many who have closed the tomb of life by suicide." Something of that nature.....if I read it correctly.

Does that help?

(A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar helped me out here--these books are great at explaining these kinds of things!)
    「つれづれなる涙星になるまで 好きでいてもいいよね?」 - 米倉千尋

--日本語が間違えれば、知らせてお願いいたします!--

Is A Girl ;)
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2014 10:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It's mostly like "for that reason,because of, thats...why..." or one of the things mentioned by the other guys ^^°
    i'm not good at explaining...just take it that "で" belongs there :P
    Last edited by LavaBug; 10-04-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Junior Member raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf is a splendid one to behold raintree_leaf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2009 03:16 AM
    Threads

Thanks everyone, that has been helpful.

Closed Thread

Thread Information