AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Serial Experiments Lain

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2003 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I don't know if this the right place , so move it if it belongs to another forum.

So what do you think of this anime ?
    Personally, I think it's a great anime. Even though it's confusing and hard to understand. The animation is great, and the storyline too. And apart from that, it's alot different from other anime series. It's not like most anime series, where there are good guys and bad guys..ect.
    I still haven't finished it though, i have to buy the last dvd sometime...

<span style='color:gray'>The Ataris.The Used.Taking Back Sunday.The All American Rejects.
    Saves The Day.A Static Lullaby.Brand New.Green Day.New Found Glory.
    --
    Record Of Lodoss War.Serial Experiments Lain.The Vision Of Escaflowne.
    Neon Genesis Evangelion.Shadow Skill.Zone Of The Enders.Dragonball Z.
    --
    Ai for admin&#33;</span>

Senior Member Cloud Strife is an unknown quantity at this point Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2004 10:45 PM
    Threads

this anime confused the hell out of me.

the ending made sense though

I won&#39;t spoil it for people.

confusing

4 stars

especially since it involves computers
    "I'd rather not deal with tired weaklings now...I'll kill you all later." Albel Nox - Star Ocean Till The End Of Time

Senior Member Kukosunosuke Kukosunosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2003 03:54 PM
    Threads

^_^ I adore this anime.. I own 5 wallscrolls of Lain. And I plot to cosplay Lain&#39;s rpg battle costume someday. ::nod nod::

Senior Member Cloud Strife is an unknown quantity at this point Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

an rpg battle costume eh? i gotta see that one <3
    "I'd rather not deal with tired weaklings now...I'll kill you all later." Albel Nox - Star Ocean Till The End Of Time

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by Kukosunosuke@Oct 16 2003, 08:00 PM
    MM.. this costume: http://bastardanime.com/walls/view.php?ser...&res=1&author=n
    that&#39;s great. <3 lain looks great like that ^___^

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I LOVED Lain, It was beautiful and Abstrat, and thats a hard combo to pull off... I never found lain all that confusing myself, but if it confuses you, you should go Here. (Warning: lots of Spoilers)
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

the intro song annoyed me though.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I liked the intro song.

<span style='color:gray'>The Ataris.The Used.Taking Back Sunday.The All American Rejects.
    --
    --
    Ai for admin&#33;</span>

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

the reason why i dont like it is because my girlfriend thinks it&#39;s the godliest song and plays it CONSTANTLY

<center><table size=50% border=1 bgcolor=black cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3><tr><td><font color=white size=1>Spoiler:</font><font size=1>(select below, to read)</font></td></tr><tr><td><font color=black>lain erases herself episode 13. so sad</font></td></tr></table></center>

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I liked other songs by that band.. and I liked the soundtracks of Lain.. like Clouds with Occasional Rain. ^_^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

those were actually good ^^

mankowski. LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 004 - Charmander LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Pizza
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2011 09:49 PM
    Threads

Yeah, Lain kept my interest and make me wonder, so I thought it was great. You guys should check out Boogiepop Phantom as well. I don&#39;t see how anyone who likes Lain wouldn&#39;t like it.

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is, "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is, "Probably because of something you did."

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

I tried to get Boogiepop Phantom, but they only had the box set, and that was more than I was ready to spend just yet.

Maybe you should send me some, Tekken.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Watched Lain? Liked Lain? Loved Lain?

Whether your answer is yes or no, go see Haibane Renmei. XD Same people, beautiful story, quite thought-provoking.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I really want to see Haibane Renmei. I learned about it in Animenation, but unfortunately i can&#39;t buy it, cause i don&#39;t have money, or a credit card..lol

--
    --
    Ai for admin&#33;</span>

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think it&#39;s popular enough that, given a little more time, it will be more easily obtained (Found my copy in Australia ^^.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, but it will take a really long time until i can find it -here-. I live in Greece...
    And even if I do find it, it will be really expensive.

--
    --
    Ai for admin&#33;</span>

mankowski. LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket has a reputation beyond repute LXnekket's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 004 - Charmander LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Pizza
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2011 09:49 PM
    Threads

Originally posted by Member Name@Oct 17 2003, 05:07 PM
    I tried to get Boogiepop Phantom, but they only had the box set, and that was more than I was ready to spend just yet.

Maybe you should send me some, Tekken.
    I&#39;d have to make you earn it.

And yes, Haibane Renmei is great stuff.

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is, "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is, "Probably because of something you did."

Senior Member SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 11:11 PM
    Threads

Originally posted by Manhatten_Project_2000@Oct 17 2003, 12:30 PM
    Well, I LOVED Lain, It was beautiful and Abstrat, and thats a hard combo to pull off... I never found lain all that confusing myself, but if it confuses you, you should go Here. (Warning: lots of Spoilers)
    Yeah thats about it in a nutshell. Thats how I got addicted to it from when i first heard about it. i really have to finish up that series though im still on the second disc.

Member Keeper of Dreams Keeper of Dreams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2003 02:51 PM
    Threads

Beats all. I only saw the first few episodes, and someone ruined the ending (at my bidding, but nevertheless) so I know... kind of... how it ends. But it was a real mind trip, wasn&#39;t it?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2003 10:43 PM
    Threads

I&#39;ve only seen a few episodes of Lain, but I&#39;ve seen all of Haibane-Renmei and Boogiepop Phantom, which are GREAT anime.

Mexi Fry nami is a jewel in the rough nami is a jewel in the rough nami is a jewel in the rough nami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2006 06:10 PM
    Threads

Saw it~&#33; It was good, but confusing as hell...
    "Ere sin could blight or sorrow fade

Death came with friendly care.
    The opening bud to Heaven conveyed
    And bade it blossom there."
    --Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Senior Member april110 is an unknown quantity at this point april110's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2004 07:31 PM
    Threads

i saw parts of it, and it wasnt confusing to me for some reason

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

I dont know about you people but Lain is one of the coolest anime characters out there. The anime in general just makes it that much more sweet. I havent seen the last few episodes yet either but I think I know how it ends. Lain .... :wub:

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

Closed Thread

Thread Information