AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Signature Shop Complaint

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Signature Shop Complaint

This is about the signature place and that is why it is here.
    I am complaining a bit.
    It seems like the signature shop is being neglected by many artist.
    This is upsetting.
    In another site as artist we have a week to make a sig. If we have an delays we tell the people we are making the sig for that there will be delays.
    Other then that we should be making these sigs.

Not only that, but I think on the signature shop should have people signed up as artist, we should have a manager and a co-manager, and we should have an updating waiting list.
    We should have an application like this one and this is what people should be filling out:
    Type - ( Signature or Avatar... )
    Theme - ( Bleach, Naruto, any type of show, game or person )
    Style - ( Abstract, Grunge, Tech, Classic and so on )
    Character - ( A specific character you would like in your signature/avatar )
    Image - ( optional, but it would be a great help if you could post a link of a specific image you had in mind )
    Font - ( Big, Small, Light, Dark... )
    Main Text - ( Username )
    Subtext - ( Usually just a quote and/or your Division rank )

Preferred Designer - ( optional, but have in mind that different artists have different signature styles )
    I have been waiting for these request to be touched for a very long time.
    And its making me very upset that none of them are being completed.
    This is my complaint, thank you.

Wedding is in October. And I'm going to be a dad. Super excited.

Taiga ga suki da. KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2010 12:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It's a signature REQUEST thread, not a signature shop. Artists are in no way compelled to make any of the requests if they do not feel like doing it.

バン!バン!
    ---

|

---
    [sketches] | [sig thread]

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Then why have it up?
    You have these people waiting and wanting their "request" filled out and they'll never get anything.
    That's complete and total utter useless then.

I think we need a shop with artist who actually want to do something for others.
    We can't have a request thread with nobody wanted to do anything.

We need a shop.
    I would be willing to be manager.

Taiga ga suki da. KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan has a reputation beyond repute KuroTan's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2010 12:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Requests are different from orders you know.

バン!バン!
    ---

|

---
    [sketches] | [sig thread]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I do know that.
    And I prefer a Shop then a request thread.
    Because this is BS, these people are waiting.
    You don't leave people waiting.

I want a Signature Shop and not a request thread.
    And I will manage it myself if I have to.
    We need artist who are willing to use their talents to help people.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

We have artist who fill that request thread often. I myself, have filled at least 3-5 request. I'm sorry but if it's a shop, then the artist would be reward in someway, right? Just how are you planning to compensate the artist for his/her work?

Some signature can be made with 5-10 minutes, but usually the member of AF strive for more than just anything to take up space on the forum something that the member will be proud to say they worked on signature.

By the by, you are aware that you are allowed to contact member of the Signature forum and ask for a signature via PM. People often have "Now Taking request" on his/her signature when you see this, that usually mean that they are able [time wise] to make a signature for you.

Also you can offer some points for them and it's likely get the signature will be made faster. Someone once offered me 2 billion rupees and I fulfilled the signature request with a new hours.
    Last edited by Jose; 09-25-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jose101 View Post
    We have artist who fill that request thread often. I myself, have filled at least 3-5 request. I'm sorry but if it's a shop, then the artist would be reward in someway, right? Just how are you planning to compensate the artist for his/her work?

Some signature can be made with 5-10 minutes, but usually the member of AF strive for more than just anything to take up space on the forum something that the member will be proud to say they worked on signature.

By the by, you are aware that you are allowed to contact member of the Signature forum and ask for a signature via PM. People often have "Now Taking request" on his/her signature when you see this, that usually mean that they are able [time wise] to make a signature for you.

Also you can offer some points for them and it's likely get the signature will be made faster. Someone once offered me 2 billion rupees and I fulfilled the signature request with a new hours.
    Then as I said up there get rid of the request thread.
    And you don't you have to be rewarded in this Shop. You're doing as signed artist, you're doing to help people. The other shop that I run myself on my own site doesn't pay the artist they do it because they want and most of them are modest to not want points, but to do because they want and want to give people signatures.
    And another site that I don't run they don't pay the artist.
    The artist do it because they want.

Get rid of the request thread then. If everyone wants to do by PM. That isn't fair to the new kids on the block, though.
    The reason I didn't PM anyone because I didn't know anyone. I barely know anyone on this site. That is why I put in the request thread.

Senior Member Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind has a reputation beyond repute Kariya The Wind's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:59 AM
    Threads

Just PM someone for a sig, look around the showcase, see who you like, then PM them.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kariya The Wind View Post
    Just PM someone for a sig, look around the showcase, see who you like, then PM them.
    If I had the time for that, sure I would, but I don't.
    I'm on the forums and I'm trying to get a deadline done. So I'm pretty much busy and I want to be easier for me to get a sig.
    I place it in the request thread.

Lets just drop this because none of you understand where I am coming from or where I am trying to get at.
    I've told you repeatedly and you still don't get it.

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

In theory it`s a good idea.
    But no one likes to feel that they have to make a sig, or any other pics. on a deadline when it`s just a hobby.
    If it was their job, and they got payed for it, then they`d have to make them

When the "artists" here have the time, and will to make a requested sig. they will
    Or the peolpe could just ask around a bit.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeDes View Post
    In theory it`s a good idea.
    But no one likes to feel that they have to make a sig, or any other pics. on a deadline when it`s just a hobby.
    If it was their job, and they got payed for it, then they`d have to make them

When the "artists" here have the time, and will to make a requested sig. they will
    Or the peolpe could just ask around a bit.
    Well then if we are adding being paid it would go something like this:

Ava: 90points
    Sig: 130 points
    Set [sig an ava]: 200 points

That is how I would compensate for all the artist with that system there.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    Then as I said up there get rid of the request thread.
    And you don't you have to be rewarded in this Shop. You're doing as signed artist, you're doing to help people. The other shop that I run myself on my own site doesn't pay the artist they do it because they want and most of them are modest to not want points, but to do because they want and want to give people signatures.
    And another site that I don't run they don't pay the artist.
    The artist do it because they want.

Get rid of the request thread then. If everyone wants to do by PM. That isn't fair to the new kids on the block, though.
    The reason I didn't PM anyone because I didn't know anyone. I barely know anyone on this site. That is why I put in the request thread.
    Not at all, the request thread has been around longer than you or me [on this forum]

If you don't like then juts make your signature yourself, if you other site shop works so well then why just make a request there and use the set on this site o_O;?

As far the it being unfair for the newbies, it's not at all unfair, you should just get over it and PM people if you really want a set, and just suck it up. That's how I met my total bffaeaeaeae on the site, a signature request, I know most of the GFX people on the site; they're all friendly as long as you have patience we will get around to everyone's request (someday V.V) we do have lives you know.

Eventually, someone will get around to making it for you. Sitting here complaining about how flawed the current system is, that's not the way get your shop started. You really should ask FlashD about this personally, rather than telling the entire AF community, how the artist aren't quite living up to your standards. o_O;

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not at all, the request thread has been around longer than you or me [on this forum]

If you don't like then juts make your signature yourself, if you other site shop works so well then why just make a request there and use the set on this site o_O;?

As far the it being unfair for the newbies, it's not at all unfair, you should just get over it and PM people if you really want a set, and just suck it up. That's how I met my total bffaeaeaeae on the site, a signature request, I know most of the GFX people on the site; they're all friendly as long as you have patience we will get around to everyone's request (someday V.V) we do have lives you know.

Eventually, someone will get around to making it for you. Sitting here complaining about how flawed the current system is, that's not the way get your shop started. You really should ask FlashD about this personally, rather than telling the entire AF community, how the artist aren't quite living up to your standards. o_O;

No, you have it all wrong.
    They are not just my standards, they are the standards of every other site that I go on, that has been properly updated.
    So don't tell me not to complain and not to tell the whole AF community.
    Cause you know what, they need to know how other people feel.
    People may have lives, but that doesn't stop anything.
    I mean if its something super terrible yeah sure.
    But if it isn't I'm sure you have enough time to drop by.

I mean if you look at it instead of fighting with me you could do something.
    So don't tell me I can do something instead of complaining if all you are going to do is the same thing.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So don't tell me I can do something instead of complaining if all you are going to do is the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I'm not fighting I'm trying to understand why you can't make it easy and just PM someone if you really want to a signature.

One this is not every other site, this is AF if you don't like then you can always leave o_O;

Just because a post in the signature thread hasn't been deleted doesn't mean that they haven't been filled.

Like I said sooner, rather than telling everyone about how you feel you could ask the moderator of the forum, but I am about 99% sure that FlashD would of told you the same thing to be patience. I myself drop by all the time in fact I finish two of the request today o_O;

Also let it be noted that no one on the site obligated to fill a request, a request will be fill when/if the artist ever choses to make the signature. We are also busy with the SOTW contest.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So don't tell me I can do something instead of complaining if all you are going to do is the same thing.
    I'm not fighting I'm trying to understand why you can't make it easy and just PM someone if you really want to a signature.

One this is not every other site, this is AF if you don't like then you can always leave o_O;

Just because a post in the signature thread hasn't been deleted doesn't mean that they haven't been filled.

Like I said sooner, rather than telling everyone about how you feel you could ask the moderator of the forum, but I am about 99% sure that FlashD would of told you the same thing to be patience. I myself drop by all the time in fact I finish two of the request today o_O;

Also let it be noted that no one on the site obligated to fill a request, a request will be fill when/if the artist ever choses to make the signature. We are also busy with the SOTW contest.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is my problem here.
    None of the Mods and admins are willing to change.
    So I can't tell them anything.
    I have been on this site before.
    And nothing has change.
    Because everyone is afraid to change.
    I like AF the way it is, AF is not every site.
    Yeah, but like every site it needs change.
    And no one is willing to change.
    Except the members who hide through PMs.
    I remember when I was on this site before.
    The only way I could get my opinion and have so many people agree with me was through pms because that is the kind of site this.
    Everyone is afraid to express their opinion.
    I will tell you like it is, honey.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Rem Nightfall View Post
    The artist do it because they want to.
    Exactly, we do it because we want to and have the time to do so. Its like the organ donor system, you request an organ and possibly get one. If not, oh well. If you want to be specific, you can contact a private donor and get your stuff that way. Same concept here.

Theres also a polite way to make a suggestion, instead of stomping around and making demands. In the end, its up to the site owners to decide what they want to do with their forums, and it seems they want to keep the signature request thread open.

You have -multiple- options in terms of signatures:
    go to animegalleries and use one of the pre-made signatures there
    post in the signature request thread
    pm a sig maker and make a private request

Usually pm requests are for those who want a -specific- artist to take care of their request, the thread is for those who really dont care who makes their graphics.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||