AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Aya Hirano & Other Voice Actors

Alliance of Anime MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2008 03:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Aya Hirano & Other Voice Actors

Aya Hirano
    & Other Voice Actors

As a voice actor myself, I'm familiar with many of the voice actors, Japanese and English, that voice a lot of my favorite anime series. Aya Hirano is one of them, though recent. She is the only voice actor that I know at the moment who uses her vocal talents of acting to sing her songs. Hence her song Dondake Fanfare where she sings throughout using the voice of Konata from Lucky Star. Does anyone have any other voice actors they want to mention here?

Post your thoughts about voice actors and their career, do you think they have it easy or no?

I'll release my own opinion throughout this thread by little pieces.

As a side notice, the ending song for the series sung by Rya something , can't remember, but she was pretty 'hawt' .

Senior Member honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2008 02:04 PM
    Threads

Vic Mignongna-english voice actor of Ed in Fma ( Brothers song ), Dark in DNA Angel ( english opening )and Tamaki in OHSC etc. He sang Even if by Barry Manillow

Alliance of Anime MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime has a reputation beyond repute MetalAnime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Response

What is OHSC? I don't think I've heard of Tamaki before, but FMA is one of my fanboy favorites . Actually, I think the English voice actors did a decent job with the dub for FMA. I didn't even notice the difference of transition from Japanese to English when I switched between the two versions. I had trouble with Bleach for instance.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Quote Originally Posted by MetalAnime View Post
    As a voice actor myself, I'm familiar with many of the voice actors, Japanese and English, that voice a lot of my favorite anime series.
    You're a voice actor? = O What do you do voice acting for?

Relevant to the topic's question xD: Hmmm I really like Jun Fukuyama and Miyano Mamoru.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I'm not really into pokemon.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Post Voice Acting

I'm still an amateur, my voice acting resume only dates to one year, actually, I think it was the during this month last year when the resume was first written, can't remember . I don't voice act for a lot of videos, however I've helped tutor a lot of voice actors for the anime parody series and videogame Machinima theater series you see on the Internet.

To remain somewhat of a mystery, nobody knows what I really sound like ....Except for a few who I have conversed with on Skype.

Quote Originally Posted by jinglefox View Post
    You're a voice actor? = O What do you do voice acting for?

Relevant to the topic's question xD: Hmmm I really like Jun Fukuyama and Miyano Mamoru.

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 06:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

My favourites are:
    Sugita Tomokazu - Kyon = AWESOME. I always liked Kyon's sarcastic comments in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, and the voice behind it. He's also Tsuchimi Rin in Shuffle! and Hideko Motosuwa in Chobits.
    Miyano Mamoru - Light, Zero and Tamaki?! Tamaki is the opposite of the two first ones, so I think it's really cool that he's able to adapt his voice so well with those characters, either really serious, or charming and playful. I like his voice. <3
    Fukuyama Jun - Lelouch, Lawrence Watanuki. o__o
    Sakurai Takahiro - Cloud, Suzaku and Kanda. Although he sounds familiar and is recognizable in most shows.

I don't think being a voice actor is an easy task, as they sometimes have to adapt their voices to characters with completely different personalities than the previous ones they had been "voice acting" for. I think it requires a lot of skill to do that. But then again, I suppose voice acting couldn't ever be as hard as acting.

And I really like Aya Hirano too, for the reasons the OP has mentioned already.

Long post ; ; + I was too lazy to mention the animes the other characters are from. Blah.
    Last edited by .Lovebeat; 09-22-2008 at 04:22 PM.

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

Senior Member gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918 has a reputation beyond repute gd0929918's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2009 02:42 PM
    Threads

Rie Kugimiya

i love how she usually takes a tsundere role in almost every single role.
    of the ones i've watched:

Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku
    Louise from Zero no Tsukaima
    Mizore from Rosario+Vampire

and soon to be Taiga in Toradora! i can't wait for this!
    If it just tastes sweet
    Let's put some salt on it

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Rie

Oh yeah, Rie, I remember now. She has one of the most beautiful voices. I just happened to remember another one of favorite voice actors, Minoru from Lucky Star. He has guts.

Quote Originally Posted by gd0929918 View Post
    Rie Kugimiya

i love how she usually takes a tsundere role in almost every single role.
    of the ones i've watched:

Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Nagi from Hayate no Gotoku
    Louise from Zero no Tsukaima
    Mizore from Rosario+Vampire

and soon to be Taiga in Toradora! i can't wait for this!

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah, Rie, I remember now. She has one of the most beautiful voices. I just happened to remember another one of favorite voice actors, Minoru from Lucky Star. He has guts.
    Yea Rie does have a very good voice. I like Vic and Sean Schemel{ok I don't know if that is how u spell his last name but if its not, its the guy that does Goku}
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley has a reputation beyond repute boo radley's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2009 02:23 AM
    Threads

To the OP:

This goes off topic but what have you done any VA work in? How'd you get into it?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Voice Acting

There aren't any videos, public at least, that document my voice acting skills. However, I have helped and cooperated with a handful of amateur voice actors like me to form a somewhat confederation of voice actors. I doubt you will know any of these people, but after six months of extensive practice and training, I've helped a lot of rising voice actors such as....

2K Dragon [WhackoDude9]
    Geno Garon
    Redgame
    Rob Devlin

The list keeps growing longer.

I became interested on the subject of voice acting after watching Red vs. Blue last year. The idea of voicing otherwise silent figures appealed to me and has interested me since, even though I have nothing to show for it right now. You could say it's a block I have, I do not like the thought of having others listen to my voice even though that's the main job of a voice actor . I'm currently doing a video with Redgame which may, or may not, document my voice....However, no news on it yet, we're to sit tight for now, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by boo radley View Post
    To the OP:

This goes off topic but what have you done any VA work in? How'd you get into it?

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by MetalAnime
    She is the only voice actor that I know at the moment who uses her vocal talents of acting to sing her songs.
    I suggest you look into Ogata Megumi. She began by playing characters (often male due to her height and husky voice) on stage and learning to play several musical instruments. Not only does she have an incredibly wide range of voices (one of the few voice actresses who has done young females, older females, young males, and older males), but she incorporates that talent into her joint profession as a singer. She's absolutely astounding.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 07:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Uhm...LOL. I was looking at the post description tag and wondering...about Hirano Aya o_O; I sang 'God Knows' and it sounded just exactly like her =_=; I wondered why a voice actress has my pop vocals too....

I'd say Fukuyama Jun(Lelouch, Takishima Kei, Shimizu Keiichi, Yumichika etc) - awesome. Kugimiya Rie for her awesome voice talents in voicing both anime boys and girls =w=~o Tomokazu Seki for his range of voice acting and Paku Romi the amazing Japanese-Korean...

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate.
    =Randomness is my Forte.=
    Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】
    Singer-songwriter / Artist / Cosplayer / Animation Student

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Megumi

Megumi, didn't she play Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh? I'm quite sure she did, can't recall however. Yeah, I know who you are talking about though, she's extremely talented, never ceases to surprise me how many of the female voice actors are able to voice male anime characters .

Quote Originally Posted by Fabala View Post
    I suggest you look into Ogata Megumi. She began by playing characters (often male due to her height and husky voice) on stage and learning to play several musical instruments. Not only does she have an incredibly wide range of voices (one of the few voice actresses who has done young females, older females, young males, and older males), but she incorporates that talent into her joint profession as a singer. She's absolutely astounding.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

That's her, yes. She also did Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, Shinji from Evangelion, Sakon from Puppet Master Sakon, Emeraude/Eagle from Magic Knight Rayearth, Haruka from Sailor Moon, Sizer from Violinist of Hameln, and the list goes on. She's my favorite seiyuu (and singer), hands down.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Megumi Pwns

Megumi is . She's one of those voice actors I have a lot of respect for, considering how she can do male voices better than actual males. Man, a lot of males who auditioned must have hidden themselves shamefully at least for a month to be beaten by a woman, lmao. I would've.

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

I like Aya Hirano (Haruhi, Konata, Polka) because she has a really cute voice, is cute herself, and can sing amazingly as well as just voice-act really well. She also plays the guitar like a Goddess.

Houko Kuwashima (Wendy Garrat, Kasumi, Kagura, Viola, Rose Thomas) is another one of mine. Again she has a beautiful and extremely cute voice. She can sound both extremely mature (Viola) and also really young and innocent. (Wendy)

I also love Saeko Chiba (Chika, Priscilla, Azmaria Hendric), as she has THE cutest voice of them all. She is an amazing voice-actor and can really sound spunky and adorable.

George Nakata (Alucard, Bando, Jiruba) simply for his role as Alucard. He sounds so powerful and deep. Great actor.

Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon). What more can I really state? He voices as my favourite anime male character ever and done a bloody excellent job at that. He sounds so formal and decent.

Kotono Mitsuishi (Excel, Christie, Misato Katsuragi, Kagura Sohma!) because I admire her roles and also the fact that she can speak as fast as anyone else. She is hilarious and has an awesome voice that can sound both really silly (Excel) and really smart and formal (Gracia Hughes).

Yumiko Kobayashi (Poemy, Beat) simply...well..Poemy! She done it so well and, in certain ways, she is Poemy herself. She is awesome, can really voice act and at the same time do something I have never seen from a voice actor before..which is voice act playing the role of someone that wants to be a voice actor who cannot voice act at all, therefore purposely voice-acting crap for that specific role. Put simply, she can do well voice acting as a girl that cannot voice-act at all.
    That which is; is the truth.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You can sing? Oh sickness, do you happen to have a sample? I really want to hear since I'm currently re-mixing a lot of Aya's songs and I may need some original vocal talents for the pop singing.

Quote Originally Posted by ~'.-Rikumi-.'~ View Post
    Uhm...LOL. I was looking at the post description tag and wondering...about Hirano Aya o_O; I sang 'God Knows' and it sounded just exactly like her =_=; I wondered why a voice actress has my pop vocals too....

I'd say Fukuyama Jun(Lelouch, Takishima Kei, Shimizu Keiichi, Yumichika etc) - awesome. Kugimiya Rie for her awesome voice talents in voicing both anime boys and girls =w=~o Tomokazu Seki for his range of voice acting and Paku Romi the amazing Japanese-Korean...

rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You can sing? Oh sickness, do you happen to have a sample? I really want to hear since I'm currently re-mixing a lot of Aya's songs and I may need some original vocal talents for the pop singing.
    Well of course I sing! Who doesn't? lol j/k. I'm a trained singer...currently going for a diploma grade o_O; I'd be glad to give you a sample of my voice ;__; but I don't really have a good recorder over here. I asked my vocal coach about that but she said the best she had was her cell phone T_T And we have to filter the sounds - so that it'll be clear and candying to ears.

So - uhm, if I happen to get a extra fine recorder I'll send the recordings of my voice - in any songs you like =^w^=....>w< I'm promoting my vocals too...I'd better be getting into the business now... v.v It has always been my part-time job ;__;

Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Fourteen Years Old

Oh wow, that's something new to me, are you really fourteen years old? That's a helluva an accomplishment you know....

Well of course I sing! Who doesn't? lol j/k. I'm a trained singer...currently going for a diploma grade o_O; I'd be glad to give you a sample of my voice ;__; but I don't really have a good recorder over here. I asked my vocal coach about that but she said the best she had was her cell phone T_T And we have to filter the sounds - so that it'll be clear and candying to ears.

So - uhm, if I happen to get a extra fine recorder I'll send the recordings of my voice - in any songs you like =^w^=....>w< I'm promoting my vocals too...I'd better be getting into the business now... v.v It has always been my part-time job ;__;

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh wow, that's something new to me, are you really fourteen years old? That's a helluva an accomplishment you know....
    I'm uh...15 this year ;__; you people always call me a 14-year-old T_T
    ....Well...that's cause I was born late. =^w^= *smiles*

Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default People

What do you mean you people?!

Ha-ha, funny movie Tropical Thunder. I actually saw your age on your public profile. Is anyone here fans of Minoru Shiraishi?

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What do you mean you people?!

Ha-ha, funny movie Tropical Thunder. I actually saw your age on your public profile. Is anyone here fans of Minoru Shiraishi?
    ;__; It says year 1993 ;__;
    Minoru Shiraishi's voice is very decent and cool...but he's not very active in voice acting though. The only anime(s) he really took part in (which I knew) is Negima!, Lucky Star and TMoHS. I think he starred in Manabi Staight! too...just can't remember which character he voiced for o_O;

Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default Minoru

The only time he was epic was his role as Minoru [himself] on Lucky Star. The other times I didn't really notice anything special about him. The Minoru from the anime, and person, really had me rofling throughout the whole series.

;__; It says year 1993 ;__;
    Minoru Shiraishi's voice is very decent and cool...but he's not very active in voice acting though. The only anime(s) he really took part in (which I knew) is Negima!, Lucky Star and TMoHS. I think he starred in Manabi Staight! too...just can't remember which character he voiced for o_O;

Closed Thread

Thread Information