AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Noir

Senior Member diablo111 diablo111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2004 07:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Here is my latest Noir wallpaper. I've also updated my website...I now have over 70 of my own wallpapers posted there (damn, I can't believe I've made that many walls ). Click my sigpic to go there

1280x1024

Senior Member ownerizer ownerizer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2004 11:53 PM
    Threads

not to be rude or anything, but it seems like the colors are sooo flat and dull. The overall image is just bland. Do something to make it more lively.
    "You should buy some weird japanese car that gets like 100 miles a gallon and its fuled by like leaves or something" -Bednar
    "They're all sexy cars." - default
    "Hey Kid! Ima computa! Stop all tha downloadin!"

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Considering the fact I love Noir I might be biased... lol.

I do so like the wallpapers though. I checked your site for the other ones... Nice and on Acey's resolution to boot.

I always bug about that. I am on 1024x768 lol... so ya.

Very cool though.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2004 08:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

>.> There isn't much to it....and yeah, the character looks completely slapped on; there is no blending and the background is totally two-dimensional looking.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2004 02:43 PM
    Threads

Awesome wallpaper! The texture on the background is great. If you've watched the series you'd realize that the entire series is "flat and dull" without a lot of bright gaudy colors. Great job!

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

the colors suit the image very well, and the texture is a nice added touch. it seems very flat though. maybe try making more of a shadow behind the character instead of underneither her.

good work as always ^-^v

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2004 08:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

kadaan: I have watched the series; it's like my second favorite series, and it's not flat and dull at all. There is alot to it, and its blasted with tons of character development, plot, and twists. It's an excellent series.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by kadaan@Oct 17 2003, 03:52 PM
    Awesome wallpaper! The texture on the background is great. If you've watched the series you'd realize that the entire series is "flat and dull" without a lot of bright gaudy colors. Great job!
    you need to STFU. The texture on the background has no creativity, it's just a mindless filter click. The series is not "flat and dull" that's 80's and 70's anime. No there's not a lot of bright colors, but there is light. Think before you type.
    "You should buy some weird japanese car that gets like 100 miles a gallon and its fuled by like leaves or something" -Bednar
    "They're all sexy cars." - default
    "Hey Kid! Ima computa! Stop all tha downloadin!"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2004 10:53 PM
    Threads

Hmm the main thing that drives me is colors, and I don't think this wallpaper is bright enough. (But hey, that's a personal thing) And yah the lack of blending thing sticks out. I did notice the shadow, but it seems like two completely different shadows for each leg. (One appears darker while the other is lighter and blends into the background) Dunno if you meant for that to happen.

I checked out your site and I have to say you did a really good job on some of the others! Ganbatte kudasai!
    Purple are the color of the clothes I wear, clothes I wear, clothes I wear...

My Wallpaper ramblings... (formerly Codename: Sailor Moon)

Senior Member diablo111 diablo111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2004 07:06 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Originally posted by ownerizer@Oct 18 2003, 11:57 AM
    The texture on the background has no creativity, it's just a mindless filter click.
    And exactly what filter would that be genius?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by diablo111+Oct 18 2003, 07:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (diablo111 @ Oct 18 2003, 07:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ownerizer@Oct 18 2003, 11:57 AM
    The texture on the background has no creativity, it&#39;s just a mindless filter click.
    And exactly what filter would that be genius? [/b][/quote]
    that&#39;s what it looks like to me. It&#39;s too repeditive and boring.
    &quot;You should buy some weird japanese car that gets like 100 miles a gallon and its fuled by like leaves or something&quot; -Bednar
    &quot;They&#39;re all sexy cars.&quot; - default
    &quot;Hey Kid&#33; Ima computa&#33; Stop all tha downloadin&#33;&quot;

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2004 02:43 PM
    Threads

I&#39;m sorry, I love the series and didn&#39;t mean that the series was flat and dull. I meant the 70&#39;s and 80&#39;s style of drawing/coloring is more flat and dull than the bright colors used in most recent anime. It fits the story well and enhances the plot well imho. Not to mention it has one of (if not _the_) best soundtrack I have ever heard ^_^.

Closed Thread

Thread Information