AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: *Read Before Posting!* FanFiction Forum Rules

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default *Read Before Posting!* FanFiction Forum Rules

*Read Before Posting!* FanFiction Forum Rules

What Kind of Writing Can Be Posted?
    While called the “fanfiction” forum, we accept many other forms of writing. Fanfiction, original fiction, non-fiction, essays, plays, and more are all accepted here.

Fanfiction - Fanfiction is loosely defined as fiction written by someone other than the original author using the characters or setting from that author’s piece of work (this may be an anime, a game, a television show, a movie, a book, and so on). Fanfiction will contain original elements, but it is the non-original elements (such as characters) that separate it from original fiction.

Original Fiction – Original fiction does not use characters and settings directly from another source such as an anime. The characters, plot, and setting are of your own creation. While an original work may be inspired from another source, it is still original if it is not using that source’s characters and setting.

Non-fiction - Non-fiction is an original piece of writing about an actual event or person. This would cover writing about something that occurred in history, or an autobiography (about yourself) or biography (about someone else).

When posting a story:
    1. Please read my guide to titling your thread for the rules in regard to titles.
    2. Please post no more than three (3) chapters/parts of a story in a single thread. The less members must scroll throughout a thread in order to read a story, the more likely your story will actually be read and commented on.
    3. Unless given permission otherwise, post only YOUR work. Plagiarism is handled seriously here, with infractions given as a first offence.
    4. Post your writing ONLY in the default text colors. As there are different skins for members to use, each has its own easiest viewed colors (its default). The only way to make sure your work is easily viewable to everyone is to make sure you are posting it in the default colors. Use italics, bold, underline, and even format your lines to emphasize as you wish.
    5. Attaching a poll to a thread is generally discouraged. This falls under the same reasoning rating threads is discouraged. It has been proven to be more detrimental than helpful. Please contact me if you feel a need to include one in your thread.

When posting a reply:
    Praise has its place and every writer likes to receive it. However, we do ask that our members make an attempt at constructive criticism. This is how a writer grows and improves. You don't require special knowledge or training in writing to say an aspect of a story does or doesn't work for you, and why you think that is. That said:

1. Treat all members with respect in regards to commenting on their work. I encourage constructive criticism, but do not tolerate blatant flaming or bashing of someone else's work.
    2. Do not spam to increase post count. It is pretty clear when someone is actually reading and replying to stories and when they are posting "I liked it. Write more!" in reply to every thread in sight.
    3. Threads are no longer closed automatically after 60 days, but will remain open. This means you are free to respond to any older threads, but rule #3 still applies. Do not flood the main page by replying to as many poems as possible.
    4. Rating of threads is discouraged. This is more detrimental than helpful, especially when a writer is particularly sensitive to criticism.
    5. Please do not “bump” your thread unless it has not received a reply in at least a month. You are of course free to advertise your story within your blog or signature if you would like more replies. Commenting thoughtfully on other stories is an excellent way of drawing attention to your own work.

Content:
    Please note that all work posted is to be determined acceptable or unacceptable by my discretion. If I decide something is a borderline case I may ask you to remove the offensive material in order for it to be acceptable. Blatant disregard to these content rules will likely result in an infraction. If you aren’t sure whether something falls within the “minimal” guidelines, please PM me to consult.

1. Minimal swearing within stories is acceptable.
    2. Minimal adult situations within stories is acceptable.
    3. Please note the above apply to stories only. This is not acceptable within general chat and replies within this forum.

When in violation of a rule:
    In the case of most rule violations, I'll be working on a three-tier system. In cases of more blatant abuse, I will move directly to a higher level as I see fit. In general however, this is the system I will be following:

Warning 1: You will receive a Private Message informing you of what rule was broken.
    Warning 2: You will receive a negative rep informing you again of this rule being broken.
    Warning 3: You will receive an infraction.
    Further warnings: If you continue to break this same rule I will continue to give infractions right up until you are banned from the forum.

I am keeping records on what warning was handed out each time I do so, but if you feel I have skipped a level unfairly in your case, please PM me to discuss. I am only human, after all ^_~

Miscellaneous
    Several things to take note of within this forum:

How to Title Your Thread: A Tutorial – As mentioned above, this thread is a comprehensive guide to titling threads. Do make sure you read it thoroughly before posting a new thread and refer back to it often. Also included is a step-by-step tutorial on using the forum’s search function in order to find the stories you’re interested in.

What’s Going On? – This thread is a one-stop resource to all the activities currently going on within the forum. It contains links to featured stories, contests, writing challenges, writing discussions, and all manner of fun and useful threads. It’s always being updated so check back often.

Contacting the Moderator - I can be reached via PMs, AIM (Reiako), MSN ([email protected]), and email ([email protected]). Please note that I live in a very different time zone than most of you. That, combined with my busy personal life, means I will not be available at the very moment you need me. I do check my email and the forums daily, and will get back to you as quickly as possible. If it is an emergency, please try to contact an admin. If not, please have some patience.
    Last edited by Fabala; 09-01-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information