AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: browsing animeforums with itouch/iPhone

Senior Member kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer has a reputation beyond repute kenny_killer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2010 09:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    stuck in the process of becoming infinity.
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ekdromoi

Default browsing animeforums with itouch/iPhone

I feel that the mobile version of animeforums is very annoying and unnecessary for iPhone/itouch users. I would much.. Much rather wait a few extra seconds to load the normal website then use this mobile version I'm using now. We should at least be able to choose between normal and mobile. Is it not possible? Or is that option already available, if not, it would be great if someone could make this happen. Many times have I refrained from using animeforum just because of the odd mobile interface. And im sure im not the only one who dislikes not being able to choose between mobile and normal. Now-a-days with higher performing mobile devices im sure many an handle loading AF normally...

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2023 03:50 PM
    Threads

The mobile interface is designed to work with the typical mobile phone of today (i.e. a Motorola Razr or any other phone like that). The mobile interface was NOT designed with smartphones in mind, much less the iPhone or iPhone 3G.

As to the question of whether or not it's possible to switch styles, using the mobile portal it does not appear to be possible (at this time). It can be looked into, and we will do so. But I'm making no promises.
    I am Jakiao - The Resident Dw33b / Forum & Chat Admin
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Thinking about asking a question in Site Issues and Questions?
    Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

I once went on Anime Forum with my PSP out of curiousity and I did not really like it. Completely different set up, naturally. There was no way of changing the setting either, although that was for a PSP and it may be a little bit different than that of an iPhone and such devises.
    That which is; is the truth.

Golden Knight Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga has a reputation beyond repute Saejima Kouga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2008 08:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's very simplistic which is good for regular mobile phones. I think for smart phones, that a cross between the regular and the mobile layouts would be best.

Senior Member Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades has a reputation beyond repute Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Heart Favorite
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2018 06:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've seen the way it looks on the mobile. It's irritating working with it, everything is white and black, orange and blue. The pictures are ok but mostly what you can do is add your avatar to your phone by storing it. You can also check your p.m box, it takes long to go down every single link and waiting 10 seconds for it to respond. I guess I'll stick to the computer.
    Thank you for the gift Nespa

Click > http://www.cityofif.com
    http://www.tomecity.com

What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 05:11 AM
    Threads

I have an iPhone, and I have the regular layout on it.
    I can't for the life of me remember how I did that though ><
    I think on the mobile version there's a drop down list at the top where you can choose mobile layout or desktop version. Though I can't find that now :/

But the desktop view is much better to use.

CircleJerk Elitist MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire has a reputation beyond repute MissAstaire's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Pizza Cake Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2014 03:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MissAstaire

Quote Originally Posted by SSDynamite View Post
    I have an iPhone, and I have the regular layout on it.
    I can't for the life of me remember how I did that though ><
    I think on the mobile version there's a drop down list at the top where you can choose mobile layout or desktop version. Though I can't find that now :/

But the desktop view is much better to use.
    I have an iTouch and I cannot find anything of that source. It's really frustrating. But when I made a thread saying the same thing, Kaitou said that he would look into it, but the option of changing it yourself wasn't possible because it was basically just a blanket spread for all mobile devices. The system that they use targets any kind of mobile device and automatically makes the format into AFMobile.

Tomorrow's a new day.

Closed Thread

Thread Information