AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Original Fanfiction: DarkStar Chronicles Chapter 4

Junior Member joe2008 is a name known to all joe2008 is a name known to all joe2008 is a name known to all joe2008 is a name known to all joe2008 is a name known to all joe2008 is a name known to all joe2008's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2008 10:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Original Fanfiction: DarkStar Chronicles Chapter 4

DarkStar Chronicles Chapter 4: Anger?

Carmen Martin, in control of the DarkStar Humanoids?
    It was hard to believe. Still, I regret to be her father right now. He must be pretty angry. But for the moment, I didn't care. Neither did the Gustas. Carmen owns the robots now, and knowing that the production will come from Narusaku Robotics instead of Sasusaku Robotics was a game-changer and a blessing for the whole Stellian Nation. Gudak went into the hall to call Joseph and tell him the good news, while Udak and I continued to listen.
    "You see, Mayor Stellius," Carmen said, "I don't like my father very well. I have always suspected that he will be using these robots to gain further control of the Stellian Government. I will not have it. Angry he will, but I really don't care. The good of the people is far greater than the good of one person. I will give you the blueprints to all six robots, including Imperium. If you want any more information, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am at your disposal."

"Today, I am here to make a major announcement," I said at the podium at the Mayor's Office Building the next day. "I have decided to award the DarkStar contract to Ms. Carmen Martin of Narusaku Robotics. I am positive that Ms. Martin will provide something that will make the Stellian People very happy."
    I was very excited about the acquisition, but I had to wonder what is her father feeling right now. I must be pretty worried that what her father is spitting venom right now. He must be heading to the media room, ready to report that nitwit of a Mayor of Stellia by the name of Victor Stellius...
    "Oh, Mayor Stellius."
    Oh, great. "Hello, Jane."
    A lovely but slightly madcap girl of nineteen, Jane Yanders is my secretary. She is efficient, prompt, and kind, but I have heard that she lives a double life. Jane had just been with me for about two months now. She rarely talks about her life with me, even though how many times I try I ask her. I know that her mother and father are two of the most successful bakers in the region. Jane does not want to be associated with her wealthy parents, but she depends on them every so often. Today I had assigned Jane to write the press release announcing the awarding of the DarkStar Contract to Carmen Martin. She has finished that, and now she is talking to me.
    "It was so dreadfully hot today, isn't it? I had nearly sweated getting here."
    "Well, Jane," I said, "Sometimes the heat has a different effect on people. For some, it can be refreshing, like they experience it every day. For some, it can be difficult to even do the simplest things. So, for an definite answer, Jane, then you should consult your mind."
    "Thanks, Mayor Stellius." She often praises me for my intelligence.
    "I have a lot of things to do, Jane. Please excuse me."
    I went out of my office and out the door. I had barely walked three feet when Julius A. Martin pulled up in his white limousine and dragged me inside.
    "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?!?" I can tell that he was pretty angry.
    I tried to be as calm about it as possible. "Mr. Martin, I feel your pain, but the deal is done-"
    "I do not - I repeat - I DO NOT WANT MY ROBOTS TO GO TO THAT WOMAN!"
    "Mr. Martin, that woman is your daughter!"
    "I HAVE NO DAUGHTER, MAYOR STELLIUS!" he roared. "My daughter died in a ship crash two years ago!"
    "I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD!" I shouted back. I told the driver to stop. Then I said, "You may believe that all you want, Mr. Martin. But that dose not sit with me. That is your daughter you are bringing down, my friend. And I suggest that if you don't want to lose your business license here, then you will find some way to work together. She's got the contract, you don't, SO PLEASE GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK HEAD!!!"
    As I was about to leave, Martin said, "Your secretary, she's a nice girl, right?"
    I approached him again and said sternly, "You leave Jane alone, you hear me?"
    "I am not going to do anything with Ms. Yanders," he said. "But there are a few men who will if you're not careful."

Although I have not taken Martin's warning seriously, I did feel concerned for Jane's safety. I contacted Mr. Yanders at the Stellian National Bank. I informed him that I have reason to believe that Jane may be in danger and had advised him to exercise extreme caution. Mr. Yanders was a little skeptical at first, but he never doubted me. He told me that He will be keeping an eye on Jane henceforth.

Jane continued to come to work, now she is surrounded by a swarm of Stellia Police. I had told her the truth - that Julius Martin resorted to his usual dirty business tactics and used intimidation to get what he desires. Carmen soon found out about her father's latest scheme, so she had her take residence at her townhouse until further notice. It seemed that everything was under control and that Julius's threats will never come to fruition. One night I paid a call to Carmen's townhouse to watch over Jane. She was playing a challenging game of poker with one of Carmen's executives, who was also there. I joined the game and lost about half of my salary in the process to Jane. I seem to have taken a back seat to Jane, because she was happy to see me, all the while reminding me that I have a job to do, and that was to protect her. That was all the motivation I ever needed. We went to bed around midnight; Carmen and I took shifts to stand guard in the guest room, where Jane slept.
    Suddenly during Carmen's shift, I noticed a faint noise coming from outside of the house. I paid no attention to it, assuming that it was the cool summer breeze. My shift came 15 minutes later. While I was on a chair facing the guest room, I heard the same weird noise. I immediately took my Dragosian Sword, which I called Ichikaga, and went outside to investigate. I noticed that there was two red rods tied to some wire. I did not know what this means, but my instinct was going off. But I saw no real threat that two sticks and some wire can cause. That was until I touched them. Then I heard five distant beeps. The last beep signaled like a stopwatch. Before I knew it, an explosion occurred right in front of me. I was hurled fifty feet to a balcony of the house. I had burns on my face and hands. But then I heard screams from the guest room. Jane must be in danger! I grabbed Ichikaga and busted through the door. It was then I saw a figure in a black suit and wielding a sword with a serrated edge, and the shield he was defending himself with must have been made of iron. I confronted the man. "Stop! What do you want?"
    The man looked at me and said, "Do not stop me, Mayor Victor Stellius. I am here to perform my mission."
    "And just what exactly is that mission, sir?" I said through clenched teeth.
    There was silence for a moment, then, "The execution of Jane Yanders."
    "WHO SENT YOU?!?" I yelled.
    "That is confidential. I cannot disclose that information, Mayor Stellius."
    "Nobody attacks a citizen of Stellia without a fight!" I charged at him with Ichikaga and began the sword fight. The unknown man was the better swordsman, but I was putting a fight. I slashed at him. I cut his right arm deep. But I never saw blood. instead I saw circuitry. I knew right away. This was one of the DarkStar Humanoids. But which model? As I was still fighting him, I began to look for a model number. While I was, he had slashed my arms and my chest. I was losing blood fast. I had to find that model number! But I was quickly losing strength. I cannot fight him forever!
    And there on the right hand of his black coat, stood the numbers S-703 in gold letters. I could not believe it. I was fighting the strongest of all the humanoids - IMPERIUM!
    Now I know I had to keep my post. Gathering the strength I can muster, I aimed Ichikaga at his heart. He went to the floor. I checked him, then Imperium jumped a slashed my neck. At this point I was about to faint from a massive loss of blood. As Imperium was fighting, I noticed a crown on his head. This was one of the tools manufactured by Sasusaku Robotics. Now I know what had occurred, but now wasn't the time to think about it, As Imperium was about to finish me off. He had slashed my back as I thought, and defeat was imminent. As I tried to attack, Imperium gave three critical blows blows, and I was on the floor. Imperum came to me and said, "How do you think of my Super Imperium Sword V2, Mayor Stellius? Julius had it custom-made, just for me."
    I has choking on my own blood as Imperium went on. "You thought that you can defeat me? Well, Mayor Stellius, You were incorrect. No man on this Nation can stand twelve minutes with me, let alone 5. Julius knew that you are conspiring with his daughter to steal me away and the others. Now I have proven, beyond all reasonable doubt, THAT NO MAN OWNS IMPERIUM!!"
    "Julius Martin does own you, my friend," I said while still coughing up blood. " If he does not, like you so claim, then can you tell me why did he sent you here? Because he wanted Jane dead to send a message to me. That's who owns you - nothing more but a desperate man!"
    "SILENCE!" Imperium roared. "Yes, my mission is to kill Ms. Yanders, but I had decided to kill you instead." Imperium took SIS V2 and placed the tip at my throat. "Say goodbye, Mayor Stellius."
    Then I heard a gun fire. Imperium clutched his heart. He just smiled at me, then he lost his grip on his own sword and fell to the floor.
    "It is over, Mayor Stellius." The shapely figure of Jane Yanders looked at me, holding a Asasuki-1 disruptor and looking passionately at me. "I am sorry that this had to be the end of it all."
    This is a wrong way to present myself to a woman, I thought. Here I am, with cuts all around my body, and there was Jane, fully clothed. Why was I thinking this right now?
    Jane must have sensed it. She came right to me, grabbed my hands, and helped me up. I leaned on her chest the whole time. She helped me into the guest room, where she put me on the bed and then attended to my wounds. It must have took about three hours. I had lost about 2 pints of blood, so I couldn't keep track of the time. But I knew I was in safe hands. Jane went to fetch more water for my wounds. She saw the pool of my blood on the floor and she noticed something astonishing - the body of Imperium was gone.

The Gustas and Jane's parents arrived the next morning. Jane told the story over and over again - the night of happiness, the disturbance on my shift, the fight with Imperium, omitting only Imperium's tragic demise. Udak and Gudak were making calls to the National Police when Udak came to me and said, "Mr. Stellius, you have a job to do. But the doctors say you can't perform that job for the next three months."
    "We all know he can't do the job," Mr. Yanders said in the background.
    "But where are we going to find an acting mayor? That dedicated, this tough."
    "Hey, Sentor Gusta, I have an idea," Mrs. Yanders said. "The perfect acting mayor is right here."
    "Mom, what are talking-"
    "I mean you, Jane," she said.
    Jane was kind of shocked. "ME? Filling in for Victor Stellius?"
    "Why not?" Udak said."
    "Now, come on, Senator Gusta. I can't be mayor for three months, let alone two weeks!"
    "He has a point, Jane," Gudak explained. "Under the City Constitution, the Administrative Assistant to the Mayor must assume the position of Acting Mayor if the current Mayor is deemed medically impossible to perform his duties. You are the Administrative Assistant, Jane, so you automatically became Acting Mayor last night, when Mr. Stellius fought Imperium and lost a lot of blood in the process."
    "I can't do it, Senator Gusta," persisted Jane. "Go find someone-"
    "Jane, why must you run away from all of this?" her father asked. "You are a Yanders. But you are also a Stellian Citizen. You must perform your civic duty."
    Jane sat down and tried to absorb all of this. I was still in bed, unable to find the words that can encourage her. But suddenly I called out Jane. She responded immediately. I was still trying to find words. Success! I found the words: "Jane, you were the target of the attack by Imperium."
    Everybody gasped. "Julius Martin ordered Imperium to finish you off. But he spared you, and decided on killing me instead. That is why you must take my job. To make Julius Martin pay dearly." Jane was about to say something, but I put my bloody hand to her mouth. "No, please don't argue anymore, Jane. Take the oath. Make Martin sorry."
    That was all she needed. She was administered the oath by Udak, while her father held the City Code. It was truly an amazing experience.

Jane left a few hours later with 50 National Police Officers. She followed them to the office of Sasusaku Robotics and told 25 of the troops to wait outside. She took the remaining troops inside where Martin was in a business meeting. I wished I was there to see the look on his face.
    "Ms. Yanders," He said. "What can I do for you today?"
    "As the Acting Mayor of the City of Stellia," Jane said through her angry face, "It is my duty to inform you, Julius A. Martin, that you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Mayor Victor C. Stellius."
    "WHAT-"
    "Officers, please do your job!"
    Martin reached for his gun, but too late. He was cornered. He cannot run. I would truly love to see him rot in jail. I would really love to. He tried to end my life. Now he is getting what he deserves.

Junior Member chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung has much to be proud of chinesefuuyung's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2008 05:24 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

wow! i only skim and it seem very very good! you really have the characters down and their speech sound really natural\1

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information