AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: JLPT help

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2010 08:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default JLPT help

So, I'm planning on doing the JLPT 3-kyu this year, but I don't know really what's on it or how to study for it or anything...does anyone know of a book I can use to study from? I'm not averse to buying study books (I have mad hax to get them cheap...long story...), but I want to find a really good one. Does anyone know of anything? Preferably title, ISBN, and/or link to an Amazon page would be most helpful. Thanks.
    日本語をならっている。 まちがえれば、おねがい知らせてください~!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrased from LavaBug
    I remember that day 'cause it's Sailor Mercury's birthday...or is it my mom's?

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

not sure about JLPT-3 books, but the meguro learning center (see link in the links thread) has a lot of free resources. They even has practice tests for all levels.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai87 View Post
    So, I'm planning on doing the JLPT 3-kyu this year, but I don't know really what's on it or how to study for it or anything...does anyone know of a book I can use to study from? I'm not averse to buying study books (I have mad hax to get them cheap...long story...), but I want to find a really good one. Does anyone know of anything? Preferably title, ISBN, and/or link to an Amazon page would be most helpful. Thanks.
    I don't think that there are any books on the JLPT. If there were, I would have bought some for the JLPT 2-kyu (I passed, but I never want to see that test again).

The thing is, although the JLPT is a standardized test, the only people who have ANY idea of what will be on the test are the test makers themselves. There is no set list of things that a person will be tested on in each level (although, one should already know what level they should be taking). The best way (and this is how websites dedicated to the JLPT do it, so you can also look at some websites) is to obtain old tests and study from there.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Junior Member GaijinPunch is on a distinguished road GaijinPunch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2008 12:48 AM
    Threads

I don't think that there are any books on the JLPT. If there were, I would have bought some for the JLPT 2-kyu (I passed, but I never want to see that test again).
    There are stacks of books for every JLPT level. For the higher levels 1 definitely, and 2 to an extent, they are somewhat required unless you've spent a *LOT* of time studying many aspects of the language.

The problem w/ the old tests is that they don't cover everything in the books. While the books aren't guaranteed to have everything, they are a far, far better source of material than old tests. Old tests tell you answers, and nothing else. I passed 2 without studying the books too much (I went through a reading book and a grammar book). 1 is a disaster though. It's more of a test to see how well you did on that test, not how well you speak Japanese.

Here is a link to a search at Amazon.jp.

The book that single-handedly allowed me to pass the 1-kyu was
    パターンで学ぶ. Not sure if they have any 3-kyu materials. I bombed the first two parts (which are far easier in comparison) but this book allowed me to get an 84% on the 3rd part, which is half of the test.

GL!

EDIT: I should add I've never seen a book on the JLPT with anything other than Japanese in it. That might actually affect your decision.
    Last edited by GaijinPunch; 09-30-2008 at 12:45 AM.
    gamengai: old Japanese video games

wendymidorichan is on a distinguished road wendymidorichan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2011 01:48 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Has anyone else taken the kanji test on that website link for the JLPT test in the link thread? I took it and it said I know 600-640 kanji. I was so surprised! I thought I only knew 300 at best.

I would like to take the JLPT, so that way when I actually take a college Japanese course, I won't have to start at the beginning.

Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2010 08:18 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I looked on Amazon for 3-kyu materials, but there didn't seem to be any, which is why I came here. I found an '07 sample test and an overview guide at a library the other day, and my old Japanese prof gave me a copy of the '00 test to try out. If I can do decently well on the '00 test, I'll register for 3-kyu and figure it out from there.

On that note, what's the grading scheme like for JLPT? I want to know if I can pass the sample 3-kyu I have, but I don't know how they define "pass".

Thanks.
    日本語をならっている。 まちがえれば、おねがい知らせてください~!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrased from LavaBug
    I remember that day 'cause it's Sailor Mercury's birthday...or is it my mom's?

Junior Member noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee is a splendid one to behold noobee's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2009 03:41 PM
    Threads

my signature has some practices...
    but as for now it only cover JLPT3 (40%) - JLPT4(80%) vocabs n kanjis

ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA has a reputation beyond repute ArtemisA's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2019 11:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

I missed the gosh durn deadline. I'd intended to take the 3-kyuu this year... Guess I'll have to wait til next year...

Closed Thread

Thread Information