AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: JLPT level 2

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default JLPT level 2

I'm going for the JLPT level 2 in December, so I'm trying to start studying now, and I have a few questions for anyone who's taken it before.

1. Is there a list, anywhere on the internet, of the kanji I'll be expected to know? I've found a vocabulary list, but it's all in kana, which is not what I'm worried about. (Also, will I be expected to be able to write as well as recognize them? I'm something of a ワプロバカ, so the number of kanji I can actually write as opposed to type is probably not as large as it should be).

2. From the description on the site, it looks as though there's a writing/timed-essay section. Does anyone know what kind of questions tend to be asked in it?

Thanks!

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

I have taken the JLPT level 2 test before, so I can help you.

1. There really isn't a straight forward list of what kanji you are supposed to know for the test. The contents of the test change from year to year, so there is no list that tells you specifically what you need to know. What you can do is go to some JLPT study sites and look at the kanji that they have listed as what you should study (they usually have much kanji than is actually on the test but this is better for you). You will not have to write any of the kanji or the kana. You just have to able recognize them and their meaning.

2. There is no writing or timed essay section of the JLPT. All questions are multiple choice. There is a timed listening section of the test. The "writing" section involves choosing a word to complete a sentence or choosing a kanji that completes a word. Again, there is no list for the test and since I only took the test once (and passed), I do not know any specific tendencies that have occurred in the tests (until I take Level 1, I do not want to look at that test ever again!). But you can check some JLPT study sites to find out some info. Most have access to old tests that are the key to figuring out what you need to study.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Okay, thank you! That helps.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT has a reputation beyond repute Ruby_MoonT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2008 10:31 PM
    somewhere near the happiest place on earth
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

here are some websites that might help you study kanji for JLPT:

http://www.kanjisite.com/
    http://www.yamasa.org/ocjs/english/p...lpt_kanji.html
    http://kanjisite.tripod.com/printindex.html

and for general vocab:
    http://www.manythings.org/japanese/jlpt/

g'luck studying

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) will be made into anime for the fall 2008 season!
    aka the series that my avatar is from that no one seems to know about...

dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2012 01:16 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

ガンバwwwww

検定試験って本当に嫌だよなぁwwwwwwTOEIC受けた時思い浮かんで、ガクガクブルブルしち まうw
    「意味分かんねぇ」が口癖
    エロゲに興味無いんだよ!(´・ω・`)mjd

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I put a link in the links thread for a place called "meguro language center". It has a bunch of free resources and practice tests. I highly recommend it.

Good luck with the test! I chickened out, yet again.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Closed Thread

Thread Information