AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Kuryu's Art Thingo

Junior Member animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2008 02:33 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Unhappy Kuryu's Art Thingo

I usually on post my art on DA but I figured I might as well share it elsewhere as well

Here's some that I did; Some recently, some long ago, and some just as tests =3
    Hope you....like them....? ._. Comments and critics MUCH appreciated =D especially critics.

Realism Test #2
    This one was my second try at realism, or should I say semi since this doesnt really look realistic ._. As for the first test, it was Deidara and let's say if this scarred your eye, the other would blow a hole through your head ^^;

Puppets of Clay
    Err...this was done about last year or so. Almost 2 years now. Some mess ups on proportions and angles there

Prince of Candy Marui Bunta
    Prince of Redemption Kirihara Akaya
    This was a Prince of (Theme) series I started and have yet to finish because I was blocked The coloring style I used here was my old one. Below is the new one =3 Oh and, I would still like to continue this series so if you have any theme ideas just tell me and I'll think about it ^_^ Especially for these characters- Ootori Choutarou,Shishido Ryou,Tanaka Youhei and Kouhei, Shiraishi Kuranosuke and Zaizen Hikaru.

Our Night
    My new coloring style =D
    Last edited by animemangakuryujiru; 07-29-2008 at 02:45 PM.

GO GO BATMAMZ!! Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2010 05:18 AM
    hmm....i forgot....let me get back to you on that.
    Threads

For your realism one, I really should suggest that you work on the shadows, and add some highlights here and there. Study how to shade the face, because you're lacking important shadows that would define the picture. The lips are a beautiful part of the face, which should be well taken cared of. The hair needs a bit of work.
    I think you should try using Corel Painter. It's easy to do for realism, and I don't even use a lineart. D:
    You color pretty well traditionally though. :3 Lineart needs some work tho. ^^;

Junior Member animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru is a glorious beacon of light animemangakuryujiru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Exclamation

yea, I was originally gonna do it on Corel Painter but unfortunately, my Painter seems to backfire on me every time=/ When I open it, it shuts itself down and Windows says something is causing it to stop working. Only I have no idea what=/ It was fine a year ago but now it just closes down every 2 mins after I open.

I figured that the hair was a bit too stiff and some parts were not really well painted and I dont usually use a lineart haha. I only have a rough one to see the proportions

But thanks for the crit =D I'll be sure to use your advice when I try realism again....which will be pretty soon >W<

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thumbs up ..

XxArtxX

A lineart for someone on gaia. Not new, but not so old either.

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2011 12:29 AM
    Threads

There freaken awsome!!!! I LOVE THOSE PICS ( tries to kiss them but got held back by other people.) TT.TT'

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2016 07:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: tentaclesnyunyu

I love the colors >w<~<3
    The proportion isn't very fit, but hurray for the colors \\(^0^)//

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate.
    =Randomness is my Forte.=
    Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】
    Singer-songwriter / Artist / Cosplayer / Animation Student

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thanks a lot for the comments guys ^_^

and to rikumi about the proportions, yea they are one of the beginner artists biggest nightmares =/ hopefully I can take anatomy classes this or next year to help me solve the problem @[email protected] my school doesnt focus on art much, sadly

rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi has a reputation beyond repute rikumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@animemangakuryujiru: maybe you can buy a manikin ^_^ My school is never about art. There's always "schoolitical issues" everywhere @[email protected] even the teachers who teach art don't mind at all about the syllabus, which gives me quite a headache
    Last edited by rikumi; 07-31-2008 at 02:00 AM.

Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rikumi: you mean a mannequin? I guess that would help but mannequins are not so common in my country=/ i know a few shops which sells them but the good ones are pretty expensive and the cheap ones are just bad =/ its like really blocky and stiff @[email protected] yea the teachers at my school are not so enthusiastic about art either its always sports, sports, sports

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@animemangakuryujiru: lol I live in Malaysia too(Chinese=_=). They sell manikins/mannequins at about RM150 each @[email protected](gee) and I didn't buy them either. But I often go to old book shops where they sell the 2nd hand "How to Draw Manga"...Kinokuniya and Borders have them too.
    Here's what I usually do. I tell a friend or a family member - someone close to pose for me (as my model) then I take pictures of them. Then I draw o^v^o

Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】

Daeva's black rose poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2008 01:33 PM
    Threads

Awesome works! Great coloring, I envy you on that! >:3 Again, I agree with Taikyo [he/she just keeps stealing words from my fingers, lawl], the first one is a bit too bright and could use some more shades. Keep em coming, you're very good. ^^

Hot gift from Midnight Rider Teh Great! Thank you :3

Thank you for the awesome sig, Serated!
    -art thread-[VF]-myspace-

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Rikumi- haha I'm a chinese too lol I have lots of those How To Draw manga stuffs but I dont really like them =_= I'm not sure about others, but I find them useless basically=/ lots of reasons why but I dont want to list them in case someone is offended haha ^^; I saw those mannequins too @[email protected] my dad wont let me get them=/ its too expensive T^T

Poison- thank you =3 I suppose they do lack shading haha. I'll try and work more on that next time =3

Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

@animemangakuryujiru: lol. Anyways, your art seems pretty nice regardless whatever media you used to make it. Ganbaru yo. \\(=w=+)

Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】

Closed Thread

Thread Information