AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No sense does this make....

Member M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2009 07:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default No sense does this make....

Anyway, it seems to me a safe bet to say that the majority of people on this site have accepted as some kind of scientifically proven fact that ALL ENGLISH DUBS ARE SO TERRIBLE THAT THEY MAKE YOUR EARS BLEED. (I personally dismiss this as little more than narrow minded simpleton level thinking, but I see there's no convincing you people.) I actually like watching english dubs as opposed to reading subtitles. yes, I am a terrible anime fan and should be shot, castrated, hung, shot again, and gassed.

One explanation I've heard repeatedly on here is : "Watching it in English defeats the purpose of watching Japanese animation." Well, well, aren't we elite, so I guess no other country is allowed to dub Spongebob, I take it, but whatever.

My real question is; what about the anime that actually take place in America, like Red Garden or Chrono Crusade? Should they only be watched in Japanese too? Why? By the previously stated logic, ALL anime should ONLY be watched in the original language...what about ROD, a large part of which takes place in Britain? I don't get the logic. If you are going for accuracy, then wouldn't be more accurate to have the language based on the country the setting takes place in/ That's if you're going for painstaking accuracy.

Or, you could finally accept that all this stuff about dubbed vs. subbed is meaningless, and people should just do what they want, not start insulting others about how they watch anime. I have personally gotten crucified over liking dubs, on this site and off, over not hating American voice actors.

Don't worry about the world going to hell, because there's nothing you can do about it anyway. Just sit back, and enjoy the ride...

Pink Baka Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2009 01:30 PM
    Threads

I agree with you completely, I also am a "bad anime fan" because I rather watch dubbed anime.
    --------------------------------------------
    http://t999.proboards57.com/index.cgi
    (I have my own crappy forum too!)

You've Been Hit By You've Been Struck By
    A Smooth Android!

Banzai!!!!!! Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 04:24 AM
    Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where even I DON'T KNOW~!XD
    Threads

Thumbs down

Dear M.X,(and Android)there're 2 things you're mistaken about.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.X. View Post
    1.Anyway, it seems to me a safe bet to say that the majority of people on this site have accepted as some kind of scientifically proven fact that ALL ENGLISH DUBS ARE SO TERRIBLE THAT THEY MAKE YOUR EARS BLEED. (I personally dismiss this as little more than narrow minded simpleton level thinking, but I see there's no convincing you people.) I actually like watching english dubs as opposed to reading subtitles. yes, I am a terrible anime fan and should be shot, castrated, hung, shot again, and gassed.

2.Or, you could finally accept that all this stuff about dubbed vs. subbed is meaningless, and people should just do what they want, not start insulting others about how they watch anime.
    Answers for that:
    1. We don't say all english dubs are terrible, we say some of them that are of not that high quality. And we don't say that they're SOOOOOOOOOO TERRRRRRRRRIBBBBBBBBLE that they make our ears bleed(puh-lease,this is just and exaggeration.) And again,no,you are not a terrible anime fan and should not be shot, castrated, hung, shot again, and gassed.

2. Dubbed vs subbed threads are just for us Af-ers to say what we think. You're right about the point where people should just do what they want. But we do not insult others like "Wth...you're watching dubs?shall send you to the Police station?" obviouly we don't do that. Your"insulting" is just what sub fans wanna say. They prefer subs over dubs and they can say what they want,and we should just do what we want, they can say their piece of mind. AF is not a place to insult others. The mods ban people for insulting and so on. It's a place for us to voice our opinions and discussions.get it?
    Last edited by Tsubaki Yoshikara; 08-09-2008 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to put the "/" at the end of the quote
    Lol...I'm Back!
    FYI:Shana FTW!:3

Member Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2008 02:43 AM
    Threads

I agree with Tsubaki Yoshikara ^_^

Also I think the reason why some dubs aren't as good is because the original creator of the series doesn't choose the voice actors like they normally would and because they created that character they'd probably know the best voice for it.

And there are even some anime shows were the sub and dub are both really good (Like Wolf's Rain ^_^)

OMFG THEY'RE SOOO CUTE!!! XD

Gam Zeh Ya'Avor loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate has a reputation beyond repute loveyourfate's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2009 06:15 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by M.X. View Post

One explanation I've heard repeatedly on here is : "Watching it in English defeats the purpose of watching Japanese animation." Well, well, aren't we elite, so I guess no other country is allowed to dub Spongebob, I take it, but whatever.

My real question is; what about the anime that actually take place in America, like Red Garden or Chrono Crusade?
    I get what you mean but according to the theory you mentioned: "Watching it in English defeats the purpose of watching Japanese animation." chrono crusade and Red garden would be no exception; although they take place in America they are still Japanese animation.

Although I prefer subs I have nothing against people watching dubs... Simply enjoying the anime is most important I think. This is priority one

"This is the unalterable difference in strength, the distinction that separates the elite from the failure. This is the unchangeable reality."
    -Hyuga Neji-

Member M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2009 07:14 PM
    Threads

baaah....watching subs... I can't handle it. And to me the Japanese actors and American actors are equally okay, with few xceptions like in the dub o Law od Ueki, which was truly terrible.

Don't worry about the world going to hell, because there's nothing you can do about it anyway. Just sit back, and enjoy the ride...

Banzai!!!!!! Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes,I agree with that. But once in awhile, i try watching dubs. But to me, the subbed version somehow since funnier. Maybe because of the pronounciation?But some anime I do say you have to watch it in subs. Like S.A,Yakitate Ja-pan,Prince of tennis, Rozen Maiden(probably),Strawberry panic. Because when it says some lame jokes, you'd probably understand more in japanese.
    When some characters try to "act cool"*I'm referring to Echizen Ryoma&Nanjiroh in PoT, They'll like to add throw in chunks of english when they talk. If you watch it in dubs, you won't know,right?
    But if you're a slow reader,then I'll recommend dubs. You probably cant keep up with the plot. That's the good point of dubbing. Of course there's some high quality ones, but it's very hard to imitate the voice of the japanese.While you just put in some words with whatever program you have for subs. That's why PERSONALLY i like subs more. ^-^

By the way,loveyourfate has mentioned something really important!!!:
    By loveyourfate :
    Although I prefer subs I have nothing against people watching dubs... Simply enjoying the anime is most important I think. This is priority one
    That's a pretty cool phrase!Isn't the last one from onegai sensei? XD
    Last edited by Tsubaki Yoshikara; 08-09-2008 at 08:16 PM.
    Lol...I'm Back!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here's the thing,if people want Japanese dubs wait for the DVD.English dubs aren't that bad.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sub vs. Dub quit being a valid argument in 2000 when basically every dub ended up being done in a studio with voice actors instead of in a alley with hobos, as was the old system. But Beawoo's like to argue about pointless stuff ad nauseum like the nerds they are. Pretty much [/thread]
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

Default To each his own

...and I applaud you for that. Really, I do.

I, for one, am one of those 'subbed anime fans,' but that doesn't mean I won't watch dubbed anime, nor am I one of those people critisizing others for watching dubs/subs. To each his own, right?

Actually, the reason I watch subs is because I usually get into series before they are even considered for dubs, by watching them online and such. But I also read more manga than I watch anime, so that's another reason: I watch very little anime.

So again, watch what you want in whatever language you want. People who critisize you need to realize that it is YOUR preferance, and not theirs.

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

most english dubs suck, and that's a fact. i simply can't watch something if the dub sucks. however, i prefer to watch dubbed anime if the dubs are good.

Senior Member queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2 has a reputation beyond repute queenelfaria2's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2010 02:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I enjoy both dubbed and subbed anime. Dubbed more, I suppose, because that was what I was first exposed to. Subs for me are a change of pace rather than a requirement. And I guess that makes viewing one more of a treat as well, since I don't get to see them that often.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here's the thing,if people want Japanese dubs wait for the DVD.English dubs aren't that bad.
    Another option is that go watch it online.

But Beawoo's like to argue about pointless stuff ad nauseum like the nerds they are. Pretty much [/thread]
    This..erm..

most english dubs suck, and that's a fact.
    It's not a fact,it's only you and some people's opinion.;D

however, i prefer to watch dubbed anime if the dubs are good.
    However I agree with this last sentence of yours XD

and this
    People who critisize you need to realize that it is YOUR preferance, and not theirs
    Classic XD

Yeah,so if you put the 5th one and the 2nd one together for a debate, the 5th will win for sure. MP,you should really watch ya' words.;D just a gentle reminder.
    Lol...I'm Back!

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki Yoshikara View Post
    It's not a fact,it's only you and some people's opinion.;D
    oh trust me, the more subbed anime/movies/whatever you see, the less tolerance for the bad dubs you'll have. maybe you like dubs because you never got used to the subtitles, but i never got uset to the bad dubs. english dubs are sometimes too flat, they don't seem to show any emotion (ichi the killer), sometimes they edit the script and it turns out terrible (elfen lied, gatchaman, code geass), sometimes the voice actors are either miscasted or really really bad (end of evangelion), but sometimes they actually manage to get it right (fullmetal alchemist, appleseed, gits).

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I feel the same way. If I wanted to read something, I'd get the manga. No, the dubs are not in poor quality, if I can hear them, and it's not a Mr. T voice on a 12 year old girl's body, I'm FINE with it. But, sure, it's your choice to watch what you want, not mine. But all you nerdy anime fans, just stop whining, I'll watch what I want, how I want, when I want to. Also@ Tsubaki Yoshikara, I'm not one to whine about bad rep, but you don't seem to get that it's an expression, and I wasn't being literal. Leave your name next time, and it'll be one less problem I have to deal with.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 08-10-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Chibi Wuver ^^ Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi has a reputation beyond repute Evockzi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2014 02:27 AM
    Threads

I think its what ever Floats yer boat, If you prefer Dub thats fine, I respect that. I dislike them and prefer to watch sub, Also since I'm learning japanese its nice to be able to pick up odd phrases etc and piece together sentences.
    "Not your Average Noob"

Konata Izumi is my Female Equal o.o

"Tad out dated Sig Gonna Whip it a bit now that I am back *muahah*"

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by 3pleT View Post
    oh trust me, the more subbed anime/movies/whatever you see, the less tolerance for the bad dubs you'll have. maybe you like dubs because you never got used to the subtitles, but i never got uset to the bad dubs. english dubs are sometimes too flat, they don't seem to show any emotion (ichi the killer), sometimes they edit the script and it turns out terrible (elfen lied, gatchaman, code geass), sometimes the voice actors are either miscasted or really really bad (end of evangelion), but sometimes they actually manage to get it right (fullmetal alchemist, appleseed, gits).
    Again, OPINION.
    There is no fact when it comes to something like this.
    That is something you should understand.
    I REALLY don't like dubs either because in my opinion, Americans don't know how to voice act as well as the Japanese, and they never seem to pick the right voice actor for the right character.
    However there are SOME dubs that are ACTUALLY good.
    The reason they edit the script in some cases is because there are jokes in which only Japanese people would understand so in order to avoid that kind of confusion, they would have to edit the script.
    Also, some Japanese sentences are longer or shorter than the American translation, so they have no choice BUT to change the script in order for it to make sense and fit in with the time in which the character would have to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Evockzi View Post
    I think its what ever Floats yer boat, If you prefer Dub thats fine, I respect that. I dislike them and prefer to watch sub, Also since I'm learning japanese its nice to be able to pick up odd phrases etc and piece together sentences.
    That's another reason why I watch subbed as well.
    I like listening to the Japanese conversation because most of the time, I can understand a bit and learn how they speak casually.

Remember, in most cases, there is no fact.
    Most of the time, it's opinion.
    So don't go off and saying some things as a FACT.
    I prefer subs, but there are dubs that are actually good.
    It's just in my opinion, whenever I hear an American trying to imitate the cute little Japanese girl voice...
    Chills run down my spine...

Senior Member Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85 has a reputation beyond repute Doom85's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2010 10:15 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 3pleT View Post
    oh trust me, the more subbed anime/movies/whatever you see, the less tolerance for the bad dubs you'll have.
    That's not the case for everyone. I watch both the dub and sub for pretty much every anime I've seen, and it's about 50/50 for liking the dub more or the sub more. Please don't generalize everyone's experience, some of us have given both a serious look and still enjoy both formates.
    My name is Kakashi Hatake. What I like....I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future...hmm, never really thought about that. As for my hobbies...well, I have many hobbies.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@everyone
    There is no such thing as a bad dub.They're just there so you don't have to read the subtitles.

EL SATANED sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Luna Vader
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2017 03:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

anime is anime i say...
    i do agree with the submaniacs that some anime shouldve never been dubbed, like gantz. There are those anime that i just cant stand to watch in japanese language and simply must watch it in english dub.. and theres also anime that ive watched in both english dub and japanese with subs... so once again anime is anime... subbing and dubbing has its good,bad, and ugly moments like any other genre of entertainments.
    i prefer me some good ol English dubs though or spanish dub, just for the fact that i dont speak japanese and i dont have to read anything if i watch anime in english or spanish.

Senior Member DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon has a reputation beyond repute DeeviousDemon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2008 03:06 PM
    Threads

You do what you like...you watch what you like....you hear what you like....stop whining and just accept that people are different and that the guys who wanna watch the anime in english...so be it...if they wanna read the anime...so be it...and if your japanese...your even better off...lolz!!
    [D3Designz]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lets see..I'm actually more of a sub fan. But I don't detest dubs either. Some of them are good, but I enjoy listening to the Japanese voices more...But before I was a sub fan,I watched dubs at home because I have no choice, the TV is airing english dubs...What can I do about it?Just enjoy the plot and go on...

Seriously,I agree with Balance,evockzi,sataned & doom85.They're quite right.Subs and dubs each have their good and bads.;D That's very true. You can say that you don't like subs because it feels like reading a book?or that you're a slow reader so you like dubs?That's out of my control but we're just here to say our opinions. It's out of our control if you want to scold sub fans or dub fans or me whatever, just do as you wish, we don't take a knife and put it beside your neck and go "STOP WATCHING SUBS/DUBS OR I"LL KILL YOU!" That, is highly impossible provided they are the sub/dub fans that just came out from the asylum.

@Kurosaki-san:There's nothing like a bad dub,but there's something like an imperfect dub
    Lol...I'm Back!

Member FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind has a reputation beyond repute FractalMind's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2008 12:27 AM
    Threads

I used to hate subs as well. I mean, I used to think everyone who watched subs only was some kind of elitist. As long as you get the storyline, right? I mean, just what makes it better in Japanese?! I enjoyed Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball Z, Outlaw Star, and Gundam Wing, so why should I watch it subbed?

Well, after many years I finally understood. Provided, I had stepped away from anime for a couple of years as well. The first time I saw Naruto I saw it subbed. I believe the voices added to the character's personality. Also, the animation flowed with the words unlike some awkward sentences you see in dubs. Then I saw Naruto on TV. Dubbed. Ok, Naruto sounded horrible. His entire personality changed just from his voice. He didn't sound as sincere either.

But hey, I've seen DBZ subbed and I hate it. I think the american version is much better with the voice actors and the awesome music in the background.

So I say it depends on the anime really. But I feel that if you want to understand how the writers really wanted a character to come across as you should watch the subs. Also, when things are dubbed sometimes the meanings or dialog are completely changed to match the movement of the mouths. Sometimes this causes scenes to completely not make sense. This is especially a problem when you have jokes that are actually a play on words of another language. How can you translate that? It's better with subs as you can add a little note describing the humor.

Member Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000 has a reputation beyond repute Shadowwolf3000's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2008 02:43 AM
    Threads

I think this whole argument is kinda pointless O_o

I mean, its not like if you watch dubs some crazy sub enthusiastic cult is gonna kidnap you and force you to watch subs until you're converted to their side :P

OMFG THEY'RE SOOO CUTE!!! XD

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think this whole argument is kinda pointless O_o

I mean, its not like if you watch dubs some crazy sub enthusiastic cult is gonna kidnap you and force you to watch subs until you're converted to their side :P
    That's why the thread title. ;D*(I guess><)
    Last edited by Tsubaki Yoshikara; 08-11-2008 at 02:51 AM.
    Lol...I'm Back!

Closed Thread

Thread Information