AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: PayPal : Appreciation Fees for Anime Studios : For Poor Otakus Who Feel The Love...

Junior Member davidjuliowang is on a distinguished road davidjuliowang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2008 03:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default PayPal : Appreciation Fees for Anime Studios : For Poor Otakus Who Feel The Love...

...but have shallow pockets.

Hi Everyone!

I've had this idea in my mind for a while now and I just wanted to bring it out and see what other people thought and felt about it.

I love Anime.
    It has fundamentally changed my life and made it better.

Unfortunately, I am quite poor.
    That will change in the near future, but, for now, yeagh : poor.

I cannot afford to pay for my Anime loving.
    If I had to pay, I simply would be forced not to watch.
    And that would be very painful for me, because Anime is very dear to my heart.

----

I watch my Anime from the countless streaming sites all over the net.

I am deeply grateful for the effort people put into preparing these sites.

I love Youtube.
    I watch plenty of "homemade" videos and find them captivating, but, I admit to watching plenty of copyrighted shows too.

I simply cannot afford to be buying DVD's.
    I cannot.
    If the choice was between buying the DVD or not watching the shows, I would have to choose the latter.

That would be a shame.
    Anime is making me a better person, and, the world needs us all to become like our favorite Anime characters.
    Bright.
    Creative.
    Ingenious.
    Adventure-loving.
    Wonderful friends.
    and just plain : cool.

I have a temporary solution though.

----

I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on DVD's, but, I can afford $10 here, $20 here, once in a while.

It's not much,
    but,
    I'd like to make a gesture of appreciation to the studio and artists who produce the Animes I so dearly love.

I'd like to send them money directly.

hmmm...

I just had an idea!

A new website :

animelove.com

A website where :

1. Fans could post messages specifically for Anime studios and Anime artists!
    2. Fans could make direct PayPal contributions to studios and artists.
    3. Fans would have their own profiles of course and could post their pictures, their art, their personality, so that their favorite artists, seiyuus, etc. could see what their fans look like.

What do you think!
    Is this idea pretty cool?

----

I love Anime.

I am so very grateful to the artists, the voice actors, and the studios.

They deserve to be compensated for their art.
    Until humanity evolves beyond the idiocy of Capitalism, "thank you" and "heartfelt appreciation" will not be sufficient.
    I think people donating what they can is really very nice.

Hey.
    Maybe you can't afford $300 for the entire Naruto collection.
    But, you can afford $10 as a donation for watching the series on Veoh.

$10 is better than nothing.
    In fact $10, is something a LOT of people can afford...

hmmm...
    You know what...
    The studios could make TONS of money from this.

There's this story about a knight.
    His king told the knight he could ask for what he wanted.
    The knight knew he couldn't ask for a huge amount up front,
    so he asked for a single gold piece and only requested the amount
    be doubled every day for a month.
    The king was not good at math and thought that was a very easily fulfilled request.
    At the end of the month, the poor King had conniptions.

$10 isn't much, but, multiply that by all the Anime lovers out there who can't afford much, but still want to show the love...

cha-ching.
    $$$
    ----

and
    www.animelove.com

would be such a cool site to meet the artists and seiyuus and show them a little monetary gratitude.

----

Like the idea?

P.S : The idea was inspired today by me watching episode 3 of Yu Yu Hakusho, particularly the touching scene where Yusuke tutors Kuwabara in the latter's dreams. It's so sweet and touching! ah...rivalry. It's such a neat thing isn't it? I just wanted to thank the author and studio for creating such a unique and human moment. It opened my eyes to a vision I never considered, and I'd like to show my gratitude. It's the powerful feelings Anime evokes in me that I love and crave and am grateful for.
    If You Feel It : Believe It!

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

If I could understand a majority of this, I'd likely ridicule you. I did notice your reference to "the idiocy of capitalsim," though, so I'll latch onto that.
    Nearly all anime is produced to fill a demand for it, and your cry that the creators, artists and voice actors need be compensated for their work is silly. They ARE compensated through sales; the entire idea IS capitalism. If you watch pirated videos frequently, then you apparently don't really care too much about paying the artists. Either buy the stuff or don't.

Junior Member davidjuliowang is on a distinguished road davidjuliowang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2008 03:26 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsterisk! View Post
    If I could understand a majority of this, I'd likely ridicule you. I did notice your reference to "the idiocy of capitalsim," though, so I'll latch onto that.
    Nearly all anime is produced to fill a demand for it, and your cry that the creators, artists and voice actors need be compensated for their work is silly. They ARE compensated through sales; the entire idea IS capitalism. If you watch pirated videos frequently, then you apparently don't really care too much about paying the artists. Either buy the stuff or don't.
    But, I do care.

Yes.
    Capitalism is paying money for services.

Yes.
    I should be paying for my Anime.

Yes.
    I could deprive myself of watching Anime, because I can't afford to be paying for it at the moment.
    But.
    I won't do that.
    Anime makes my life better.

I think my idea is a good one.
    I can't afford to give a lot, but I do want to give something.

And.
    The money would go direct to the studios and artists.
    No Wal-Mart.
    No Best Buy.
    No Amazon.
    Just right to the creators.

That's cool right?

----

Look.
    I'm not perfect.

I'm an onion.
    I have many layers.

But. I want to be a good person (in my way).

I think TONS of people are in my situation, doing what I'm doing.
    Why not give us an option to show our appreciation in the way we can?
    If You Feel It : Believe It!

Don Asterisco TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2019 06:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Quote Originally Posted by davidjuliowang View Post
    But, I do care.

Yes.
    Capitalism is paying money for services.

Yes.
    I should be paying for my Anime.

Yes.
    I could deprive myself of watching Anime, because I can't afford to be paying for it at the moment.
    But.
    I won't do that.
    Anime makes my life better.

I think my idea is a good one.
    I can't afford to give a lot, but I do want to give something.

And.
    The money would go direct to the studios and artists.
    No Wal-Mart.
    No Best Buy.
    No Amazon.
    Just right to the creators.

That's cool right?

----

Look.
    I'm not perfect.

I'm an onion.
    I have many layers.

But. I want to be a good person (in my way).

I think TONS of people are in my situation, doing what I'm doing.
    Why not give us an option to show our appreciation in the way we can?
    1) Look...I gathered that you didn't intend to send the money to retailers, and that you somehow wnat to send it to artists/actors. That's not what I'm confused about.
    2) Your choices are simple: buy anime or don't. Figure out your priorities.
    3) You're giving me the impression that if you have to save up for a while to buy some anime, the lack of anime for the time being will make you go mad, and you'll no longer be decent. I don't see how anime can make you a better person (as it seems you've said), but you've apparently got some sort of serious, slightly unsettling attchment to it.
    4) My point was that your anime attachment was (apparently) far stronger than your percieved obligation to the creators, so I guessed you're not doing this out of principle so much as guilt.

None of this is meant to stop you, belittle you, discourage you or your idea. If you can get support for this, go ahead and attempt it.

Closed Thread

Thread Information