AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Sigs and Avas by Pharadox

Junior Member Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2008 07:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Sigs and Avas by Pharadox

Hi. Welcome to my siggy and ava thread! I do take requests, so feel free to ask! Please credit me if you use any of my sigs/avas.

+*¨^¨*+ いつか失ってしまうのかな +*¨^¨*+

`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· 薄れていく 笑顔と君を守りたいから `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I like the first set Pharadox

The double pics on the sig are good, and the background matches them. Even though I don't know what the text means, it's a nice touch to the sig.

The second set is great! The teddy bear(?) looks cute and the pics in the sig look really well done. Did you draw them?

All in all, you've done an outstanding job. Can't wait for more!
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Junior Member Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox has a reputation beyond repute Pharadox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ Haha, no, I didn't draw them. I'm not that talented. I have drawn in the past but my drawing is very realistic looking, not like anime at all. I assume that the artwork is the original work of the artist who created the manga, Kubo Tito.

The teddy bear is Kon! He's a stuffed animal with something called a "modified soul" inside of it which makes him come alive. And the characters in the first sig spell out Kuchiki Rukia, the character's name.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

No worries

And, with time, I'm sure you get more and more experienced and you'll find new ways to design your sigs.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ What I do is take the original work and alter it. Like with the first sig, I took the following picture:

And I cropped it to the section I wanted to use, edited out "Bleach" in the top left corner, took the characters in the bottom right corner, rearranged them in line, and pasted them into the sig. I also moved the blue flames so that they were at the opposite corners of my sig.

And it came out like this:

But sometimes it's more complicated. Like the sig I'm using right now is made from a combination of 5 pictures and I actually had to draw in some of Ichigo's hair because it was cut off at the edge of the source picture.

Last edited by Pharadox; 07-04-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I actually made three other Kanon sigs tonight, but my laptop HATES me and froze (and I had to cold boot) before I could save them. There were many tears. T_T Haha.

Get off mah lawn! Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie. has a reputation beyond repute Dottie.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2014 07:39 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BettyRuthless

Ok here is a re-do of my post because I was too harsh v__v.
    I really like how you added clouds to the background of the first signature, I think it really goes well with the character and colours. I like the thick border, it goes with the vector effects coming from the character. The second signature has a calm effect, similar to the first one which looks good. I like how you have faded her in the background aswell.

ps. I only meant these two signatures for the font. sorry.

Last edited by Dottie.; 07-06-2008 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Deleted entire post because I'm horrible x.x

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^ I appreciate that you're trying to improve my technique, but to be honest, I'm not looking for criticism, constructive or not. It makes me feel like I can't show my work because it will just be picked apart (which isn't a happy anticipatication, is it?) and I want to be able to share it, otherwise what is the point in making them?

Besides, not everyone sees things the same way, so while you may say one thing, someone else may say something completely different. So, one person's criticism can't even be faithfully followed without the possibility that it will lead to someone else criticizing the changes in technique. I'd rather improve on my own by viewing other people's signatures and attempting to mimic the techniques, which is the way that I learn best.

Perhaps, however, you can give opinions? See, your criticisms come across a bit like "this is the way it is because I am right", rather than "this is what I think" which is more accurate because no one is always right.

Also, the sigs are blurry for a reason, because the entire animation of the anime Kanon is very soft-looking because the story concept is very dream-like. So there's a reason behind it. Otherwise they would have been sharpened. Have you seen Kanon?

Plus, if you looked at my own sig and the other sigs I have posted, I use other fonts. I used that font twice. I can't quite see how using it twice is repetative.

that's what you get Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2008 03:17 AM
    Threads

:You need to work on almot about everything. But taking pictures and fusing them into one is something noteworthy.

pokemon trainer MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 6882 3906 6528

Hmm. It's good, but try to Burn your characters [burn tool] And try blending ^^
    i cant believe we almost hung it up o woah o .set made by me;

Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pharadox View Post
    ^ I appreciate that you're trying to improve my technique, but to be honest, I'm not looking for criticism, constructive or not. It makes me feel like I can't show my work because it will just be picked apart (which isn't a happy anticipatication, is it?) and I want to be able to share it, otherwise what is the point in making them?

Besides, not everyone sees things the same way, so while you may say one thing, someone else may say something completely different. So, one person's criticism can't even be faithfully followed without the possibility that it will lead to someone else criticizing the changes in technique. I'd rather improve on my own by viewing other people's signatures and attempting to mimic the techniques, which is the way that I learn best.

Perhaps, however, you can give opinions? See, your criticisms come across a bit like "this is the way it is because I am right", rather than "this is what I think" which is more accurate because no one is always right.

Also, the sigs are blurry for a reason, because the entire animation of the anime Kanon is very soft-looking because the story concept is very dream-like. So there's a reason behind it. Otherwise they would have been sharpened. Have you seen Kanon?

Plus, if you looked at my own sig and the other sigs I have posted, I use other fonts. I used that font twice. I can't quite see how using it twice is repetative.
    You just stick to what you think is best Pharadox. I like your avatars and siggies the way they are.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dotmyztick: Thank you for all the praise. haha. I know I'm not the best at making sigs but I just... enjoy making them. I really enjoy it. I didn't realize when I made this thread that people would jump all over them when all I wanted was for people to look at them and then move on (like in an art gallery, would you just approach the artist and be like "so, this is what I think! You're terrible at this, and this, and this." You wouldn't, because it's unkind and a bit rude). So I feel a little disappointed. But I told you how I felt and then you went well and beyond the need to make it up to me. You're a sweetheart.

MoroDashi: You're sweet. I appreciate the suggestions, which were given with a kind spirit.

Mujika: I don't know if you're trying to be funny or sarcastic, but you've made me feel very uncomfortable. I don't feel good about sharing my sigs here anymore...

Red Hatake: Wow. Thank you, Red. With just a few words you've made me feel much better. I know I'm not the best, but I really appreciate your support. It helps me to keep growing.

But still, I don't know if I will post sigs here again. It's just not the experience I thought it would be. We'll see ...

that's what you get Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika has much to be proud of Mujika's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

o.0 didnt mean it. I remember when I was still starting gfx, I've heard alot more harsher cnc's than you could imagine, no one taught me the right way and there are alot of deceiving tutorials around. Im not saying I'm already good and contented as to where my skills are (right now). ++ it is only natural to CnC right?? with that i suppose you only want to hear positive comments. mm I'll respect you for that.
    Last edited by Mujika; 07-06-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Dotmyztick and Mujika - you two could have been nice in the beginning, but you choose to be horrible, and I commend you for making up for it in the long run Dot, but I think she won't be coming back now, thanks to you two...
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Pharadox View Post
    May I ask the same question 'what is the point in making them?" ' If you only hear what you wanted to hear.. eh?

Ok.. so I'm getting confused. Is it just me or my comprehension got laid-off somewhere? No one prohibits you to say that AF exists for you and only for you.

Ok so I'm trying to connect the lines of what this dude said. >_>

Should I get myself banned because of this? Wherein the firstplace she it was not made known she was sensitive, thus there are no rules forbidding to CnC. <Just so you know I didnt result in use of vulgar words or calling her artworks crap> Pls take note as I am referring to her/his artworks and not in general as to get off-topic like you do. She can be considered ripping you know? IMO. Using wallpapers or just large-size images without the original artist's consent and by mere combining them with other images can still be considered ripping. I can assure you most of the renders I use on my sigs have their respective permissions.

>>Oh yeah.. have you seen the creator of Kanon? I bet those image exercpts from their episodes are subject to copyrights.

In the firstplace there is nothing to apologize for. I already made my stand and I am not asking for a consideration to be given. Riding with this soap-opera so categorized under Sig/Ava's is getting lame and plain stupid especially the petitioner pharad0x is being backed-up by a big fat cow whom I presumed had acquired those whoping 2000+ posts with nothing but your daily-dose of encouragements and cheer up" ' quotes which any 6y/o kid could give.
    Last edited by FlashD; 07-10-2008 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Language

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Good sigs you have there Pharadox
    You just need to work on quality I guess..
    Well done ^^
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Okay, before you hammer down on me about ANYTHING, I would like you to know that whatever SOUNDS like criticism is really opinion. Yes, most opinions might not always be to your agreement, but it's an opinion. Don't let it get to you.

Good Lord, I still get some harsh criticism every now and then.

Well, the concepts of all the signatures are great, but you need to go around the net and look for scans in which you can work with. Better quality and bigger image so that it'd be easier for you to work with.

I'd sharpen blurred images, but when it comes to those kinds of images, it's the quality problem, not blurred therefore, they should not be sharpened otherwise they'd look even more weird.

Don't be dismayed whenever you see someone's opinion about your signatures. As harsh and ANYONE may sound, they are just trying to be helpful to improve your techniques. Don't mistake it as someone trying to change your style into theirs. They are merely telling you DIFFERENT WAYS to do things while making signatures. When you are making signatures, what a lot of people don't realize is that they have a HUGE ARSENAL of filters, brushes, and techniques they can use and normally they don't even try to utilize them. Therefore, through the comments and criticisms (opinions if you prefer) you can learn different TECHNIQUES. Not styles.

Well, I personally can't wait to see what you might come up with and I definitely can't wait to see you improve and continue to make signatures.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Balance: I don't have any problem with any of what you said. You were clear, consise, and very considerate in giving your opinions. There's a world of difference between what you posted here and what mujika posted here. You form your opinions as "this is what i think and feel" which is the polite way to do so, rather than simply judging and acting as the absolute authority. I'm a big girl. I can handle opinions and someone thinking I could improve. I know i could use improvement. What I can not handle is someone coming in and telling me "this is all wrong" as if it is fact and not opinion.

Mujika: Thank you for showing everyone what a jerk you really are (attacking someone because they're overweight and saying that being nice is somehow a flaw and makes them comparitive to a 6 year old? Grow up. Why do I have a feeling you're about 13 years old?).

The simple truth here is that I came into this just expecting to have fun making sigs, not to get CnC. I didn't initially request not to have it because I didn't know it was coming. I've never been at a forum before where it was given. But now I know. Since this is not what i was looking for, I won't be posting sigs here anymore. So let's just all leave this thread behind and stop being so dramatic, okay?

Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Mujika, just leave it. You've already done enough damage as it is.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

God ... you guys really don't know how to respect somebody's preference. If they don't want comments just respect that, no need to start a war at every occasion. Now drop it or this thread will be closed and the participants in the quarrel will get an infraction. And no, I won't be accepting complaints.

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Pharadox: If you don't want people's criticism, then maybe you could mention that in BOLD at the start of the thread and in your signature space of your posts.

Atleast this way, no one will get there threads closed and there won't be too many insults...

And please don't try to just edit images other people have created. That is ripping according to me and it isn't fair either. Atleast try giving credit where it's due.
    Also, try to get extracts of anime charcters. You could try planetrenders.net. This will enable you to make your signatures from scratch WITHOUT really ripping.

Just resizing images into sigatures and smacking in extra effects here and there doesn't really make a signature anyway. I suggest you use tutorials. There's quite a few on this site.

And another thing; signatures are generally sharp and can only be blurred for depth. It does not depend on the anime or manga at all.

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It started with a CnC (really).. I was willing to take it back and apologize for it. Dotmystik even made up for it. ~Look!! They post subjectively directing the reply to each specified person! Pointing out fingers.. isnt that flaming? Ehehe' these guys really have taken it seriously. So what do you want more?

Should be moved to an omnivious topic, one of which I cant define. It is currently categorized under Sig and Ava's and yet they're trying to perform a play; a drama perhaps (which I think pharababy~ and red cow will probably excel better!) Isnt that funny we're all spamming now.

*my prayers to those artists behind those wallpapers" hmm. if I'm correct AF has its own policies with their wallpapers.. just pay some respect pharababes! Im peeling your face now

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey Karuto:

I already explained why I didn't put it in bold at the beginning of the thread in the first place.

The simple truth here is that I came into this just expecting to have fun making sigs, not to get CnC. I didn't initially request not to have it because I didn't know it was coming. I've never been at a forum before where it was given. But now I know.
    But I've decided not to post sigs here anymore so it's not really an issue at this point. I wouldn't even mind if an admin or mod decided to close this thread because it would just end this whole mess.

Also, I want to explain something: to me, it looked like taking other people's images and editing them and adding extra stuff was what everyone did when they made sigs. I've never had any interaction with any other graphics makers before I joined this forum a couple weeks ago, so maybe I was ignorant because of that. I just made sigs because it was fun. And then I asked for requests because I like making things for people. It makes me happy to make other people happy. I'm not looking for some kind of credit for the original work someone else created. I just assume it's a given that the credit is obviously due the original artist.

So, regardless what a certain someone thinks, I do not enjoy turning this thread into a drama. It's been really stressing me out because I really, really don't like not getting along with people.

So, in bold, this is the last I'll be responding in this thread. Have nice lives, everyone. I mean that.
    Last edited by Pharadox; 07-10-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm closing this ... the reason is pretty much obvious!

Closed Thread

Thread Information