AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which one was your favorite!

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mario Brothers

3 33.33%
  • Donkey Kong

0 0%
  • Mortal Kombat

1 11.11%
  • 7up

0 0%
  • Sonic & Tails

2 22.22%
  • Looney Toons

0 0%
  • Space Jam

0 0%
  • Other

3 33.33%
Closed Thread

Thread: Sega & Nitendo

Junior Member Nikoyasha is on a distinguished road Nikoyasha's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Coke Ramen 175 - Togepi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2011 12:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Sega & Nitendo

I don't care what cool graphics and combos that the new 3D games have, there wouldn't be any of that stuff if it weren't for the originals! I can remember sitting down and playing my sega for hours and hours that my mom would yell at me and throw me outside, or she would hide it from me. x]

Remember the good old days when you only went forward and if you were lucky backwards? And when you jumped on things they died? Or the cool powers you got from flowers, fruits or power ups? Extra lives? And your ride was a dinosaur named Yoshi? No comfusing combos, no angles to shoot at. Everything was easy peezy lemon squeezy. I'm not saying that they're "better" ... Well I am XD But they are the originals, I don't know anyone who looks at a Sega and goes "Psssh...I thought that crap was fun? Whatever dude." Back in the day, that "crap" was what we would play until we got tunnle vision. Good times, gooood times. Now lets show a little respect towards the good old days! Come on, show them some love by voting which one was your favorite.

We are Nemesis Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2009 01:52 PM
    Threads

mario. the classic mario games were immense. i remember when i was like 5, i used to play it on my sisters SNES. i really enjoyed it

Junior Member Nikoyasha is on a distinguished road Nikoyasha's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Coke Ramen 175 - Togepi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2011 12:40 PM
    Threads

I used to play Mario all the time too, but Mortal Kombat was always my favorite =]

Senior Member Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu has a reputation beyond repute Ratiasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2009 11:04 PM
    Threads

Nintendo, lawl you spelled it wrong, well after i played Pokemon on the Gameboy i tried playing Super Mario, and it got old, really fast...

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nintendo and Sega were the originals in the same way that Henry Ford invented the automobile. The original implementation of a home entertainment system was Pong, and shall remain Pong.

Super Mario World is not to be confused with classic. The old man in me wants to scream, "FLOWERS THAT GIVE YOU POWER? WHY IN MY DAY, ALL WE HAD WAS A SQUARE THAT WAS SLIGHTLY LARGER THEN THE OTHER SQUARES THAT SCARED AWAY THE GHOSTS FOR A PRECIOUS FEW SECONDS! AND WE LIKED IT! YOU KIDS TODAY WITH YOUR CRAZY PIXELS THAT RESEMBLE SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE REALITY, AND YOUR FANCY MUSIC THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE THE SCREAMS OF AN INJURED TELEPHONE FROM HELL! NOW WHERE IS MY JOYSTICK THAT ONLY GOES IN FOUR DIRECTIONS AND HAS ONE BUTTON?

GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU HOOLIGANS, YOU'RE RUINING MY AZALEAS!!!
    "
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Junior Member RyuHayabusa is on a distinguished road RyuHayabusa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2008 06:50 PM
    Threads

I loved Mortal Kombat ever since I was growing up (even though it was controversial about the graphic engines), that poll is on. Me and my friend played MK forrrrrrr ever just to learn the fatalities, babalities, animalities, and brutalities, xD OH we gotta fight in MK one day, that'll be awesome! But I dunno, I never had a SNES before. My friend did at the time, and we played Mario Brothers like the whole day, always kept on getting Luigi which was funny xD. Thanks for the memories, Niko. x)

Super Princess Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2010 03:11 AM
    Threads

Burger Time!

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

You're thinking of the 16 Bit era.

Otherwise known as the era where arcades died.

I see you completely forgot to mention the TurboGFX16, otherwise known as the PC Engine.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haoie View Post
    You're thinking of the 16 Bit era.

Otherwise known as the era where arcades died.

I see you completely forgot to mention the TurboGFX16, otherwise known as the PC Engine.
    To be fair, no one has ever really cared about the TurboGFX16. The CD-i, 32 X, Sega CD, and Neo-Geo were omited too, but no one cares. Least of all me.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Blathering Blatherskite Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2009 05:51 PM
    Threads

I remember first playing Smurfs on my friends Coleco, I must've been 6 or 7. As nuts as I went over Nintendo when I was a kid, I didn't really get into them until Genesis came out. I remember playing streets of rage for hours at a time, beat it, play it again. Sonic, kid chameleon, toe jam and earl, all great games.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

7Up. SEVEN UP. SEVEN. UP.

SPACE JAM.

Normally I'd be more tolerant of the SNES/Genesis Console Wars era being considered "the originals" given that it was what basically made video games a market all its own, THE COOL SPOT GAME IS NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. NEITHER IS SPACE JAM.

I can think of a hundred games more deserving than those two, and Shaq-Fu is one of them. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU HOW MEDIOCRE THOSE CHOICES ARE.

*sits in rocking chair, shaking his cane at the OP*

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    7Up. SEVEN UP. SEVEN. UP.

SPACE JAM.

Normally I'd be more tolerant of the SNES/Genesis Console Wars era being considered "the originals" given that it was what basically made video games a market all its own, THE COOL SPOT GAME IS NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. NEITHER IS SPACE JAM.

I can think of a hundred games more deserving than those two, and Shaq-Fu is one of them. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU HOW MEDIOCRE THOSE CHOICES ARE.

*sits in rocking chair, shaking his cane at the OP*
    Yeah, my reaction to their choice of games was similar, but I was more angry about the OP claiming that the consoles from the 4th generation were the "originals".

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

I can't really be mad at that too much, given the age range here and the fact that, like I said, the 16-bit era laid the groundwork for Video Gaming as an industry. Before then people saw them as little more than toys, but the Genesis/SNES ads and marketing in general used a language and attitude that began to set them apart from the toy industry. Now, game consoles are seen in a light similar to DVD players. It's not surprising people would regard it as "the originals," even though they'd be mistaken.

Closed Thread

Thread Information