AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extraction vs Render

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

Default Extraction vs Render

Alright, I found this on a different forum, and the person let me quote what he had posted. I also uploaded the pics to my own server to save his bandwidth. Here goes.

Say what?

Okay, this thread is for you to understand the difference between the actual meanings behind extractions and renders.
    For a few years now, I've been working with computer graphics and different resources around computer arts. And, what I've noticed, is that a large majority of the people around are often confused about the real meanings behind the word, and that people use the words incorrectly.

Taste the words and think about it.

Render
    1.) to cause to be or become; make
    2.) to do; perform
    3.) to represent, depict; as in painting

Extraction
    1.) to get, pull, or draw out, usually with special effort, skill, or force
    2.) a passage taken from a book, article, etc.; excerpt; quotation.
    3.) the process of obtaining something from a mixture or compound by chemical or physical or mechanical means

(Definitions derived from Dictionary.com)

I still don't get it. What are they?
    Okay, no worries. I'll show you with a few examples.
    Let's start with renders!

This is a very simple and straight-to-the-point render, where the artist made something in a 3D application.

Or, we can have a look at something people call 'C4D Render'. That's cause they're created using Cinema 4D and they are slightly different from other renders.

Now, let's head over to extractions instead, shall we? First up, a regular anime extraction with a transparent background, leaving you able to instantly blend it into other pictures or whatever you want to do.
    Eureka.

And lastly, let's have a look at a motorcycle extraction. Simply cut out from another image.

(Sources: Google.com.)

You just threw my whole Extraction/Render life into utter chaos!

Think of it as reeducation. It's to get you to use the correct term when writing. At least, now you know the difference and when to use what.
    Hope it's been helpful.

(This text is heavily based upon other texts I have read on the Internet.)

You may not copy or re-create parts or the whole article without my written approval.
    Disclaimer: I did not create or cut out any of the images used in this article. Sources are listed, thanks to the rightful owners.
    Last edited by Sophonax; 06-16-2008 at 12:04 PM.
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Any way you can resize the images? they are quite large for some of our users and go against the rules of the forum.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Well done ^_^

I'd explain it myself (well, I think I did some time ago LOL), if my net didn't die all of sudden ~_~

Anyway, I noticed that just recently (2 to 3 years ago) many newbies in graphic started to mix up those 2 terms and pretty much due to that planetrenders site it got spread quite a lot.
    Personally I don't get it when and why did this started, nor really care about it ... just want to make it clear when and how is the word "render" used.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Well-summarized. It really irks me when people confuse said terms.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

On a side note: This is not a personal attack towards anyone. This thread (or atleast one like it) was on the original forum.

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

Quote Originally Posted by MistressPookyChan View Post
    On a side note: This is not a personal attack towards anyone. This thread (or atleast one like it) was on the original forum.
    --Shrug.-- I found this on a different forum, as I had stated in the post. No idea where it was derived from or anything.
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

no no no, it wasn't against anything you did! I was just trying to prevent whining and grumpling before it started.

stickied.

Pink is the new Pooky

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Another example of render (in Kaitou Ace's gallery)

This is a render too (created with terragen)
    Last edited by wizz-o-matic; 06-17-2008 at 04:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information