AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Australia Con-Goers?

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Australia Con-Goers?

I'm fairly new in Australia, and while I know which cons are great and which aren't in the states by word of mouth, I have no idea of the same here in Aussieland. Though, really, I'm seeing that there aren't a whole lot of options if you don't want to travel far ^^;

Here's what I found so far:

Supanova Pop Culture Expo (in Sydney NSW, held June 20-22)

Supanova Pop Culture Expo (in Perth, WA, held June 27-29)

AVcon (in Adelaide, SA, held July 26-27)

SMASH! Sydney Anime and Manga Show (in Sydney NSW, held August 2)

Manifest (in Melbourne VIC, held Sept 26-28)

Armageddon Expo Australia (in Melbourne VIC, held Nov 1-2)

In another year I think I would consider attending Supanova (in Sydney), but that's the weekend this year hubby and I are celebrating our two year anniversary. So I doubt it.

Does anyone know of any more Australian conventions? Or have attended one of the above in the past and can discuss it? Is anyone planning to attend one this year?

Senior Member honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2008 02:04 PM
    Threads

Supanova Pop Culture Expo (in Sydney NSW, held June 20-22)
    SMASH! Sydney Anime and Manga Show (in Sydney NSW, held August 2)

At least it starts during of summer

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Summer? Surely you mean winter ;p I take it you don't live in the southern hemisphere. It's getting cold here now.

And it looks like the hubby and I will be attending the Sydney Supanova after all ^^ We'll take lots of pictures!

Senior Member CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2009 12:51 AM
    Threads

supernova's comeing to Perth too (like anyone in the East states would care >.< )
    im Cosplaying it to.
    If you live in perth i can get you cheap WAICON 09 2 day enterance passes. since i just got voted onto the commity yippy.

(edit) i thought this was pretty funny. I was on the Supernova site and my bestfriend sitting next to me goes,
    "The dates for that thing overlaps my birthday'
    and i reply with,
    'Dude, there are are somethings more importaint in life than friends or family...this is one of those things..'
    he was less than impresses.>.<

BIG SUPERNOVA NEWS
    The Chick From Heros cant make it as well as the Serenity chick
    Last edited by CroSsplay!; 06-06-2008 at 11:22 AM.

disgeae order of awsomeness
    Laharl > Mao > Adell

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Yeah, they said they're replacing her with someone of a similar "status" so we'll have to wait and see ^^ It's short notice for whoever they get, though.

Senior Member CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fabala View Post
    Yeah, they said they're replacing her with someone of a similar "status" so we'll have to wait and see ^^ It's short notice for whoever they get, though.
    Stuff like that really anoiis me. That your front runner, the person you advertise you Con with pulls out, you think Supernova would of made her sign something, to make sure she will come.

Laharl > Mao > Adell

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

True, but she can't very well back out of shooting episodes for the show that pays her salary, can she? I'm not a fan of either her or the show, but I can see it taking precedence.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

speaking of Supernova,
    Anyone Volentering (spelled wrong ) volentering is soooo much fun i recomend everone give it a go.

Laharl > Mao > Adell

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, hubby and I will be at Supanova tomorrow if anyone else happens to go.

On another note: Hayden was replaced with one of the stars of "Supernatural," for those interested.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fabala View Post
    Well, hubby and I will be at Supanova tomorrow if anyone else happens to go.

On another note: Hayden was replaced with one of the stars of "Supernatural," for those interested.
    you'll see me, i'm the guy with the red and blond hair
    on sunday ill be in my ichigo cosplay.

Laharl > Mao > Adell

Senior Member honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2008 02:04 PM
    Threads

I wish i could go

Closed Thread

Thread Information