AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: て Form Tutor please ;_;

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Default て Form Tutor please ;_;

Okay...I've recently noticed I...maybe need a tutor for て forms...

I know these rules:
    み、に、び、->んで Like よみますー>よんで
    き、ぎー>いて、いで Like かきますー>かいて
    い、ち、りー>って Like かえりますー>かえって
    しー>して Like はしますー>はして
    1 Letter、”E" Sound->て Like めますー>ねて

And some could be wrong...because of the exceptions which are mainly killing me.

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift is just really nice Soulshift's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2009 07:57 PM
    Threads

Sounds right to me, except for the fact that (I think) there's no verb はします, and the last example should be ねますー>ねて.

I've never found that memorizing the rules helped me very much though, the best way to learn conjugation and the various exceptions is through constant usage and listening.

Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2010 08:18 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

In my Japanese class, my prof (University) taught us a song. It's to the tune of an old children's song, but since I had to sing this song a few times in class and sing it in my head every so often, I can't remember what the original words were. Anyway, the song goes (and it's not really a song if you don't know the tune; it's just the rules):

う、つ、る って
    ぶ、む、ぬ んで
    す して
    ぐ いで
    する して
    来る(くる) 来て(きて)
    れいがい: 行って (行く、いく)

Those are the rules. If you have a verb that ends with a particular sound, that's how to make the て form. Note this only covers G1 and G3 verbs (not ones that end with いる or える sounds). If you have a G2 verb (e.g. 食べる、たべる), simply drop the る and add て. The first rule covers G1 verbs ending in る like 売る (うる, to sell) and exceptions to the G2 rule like 帰る (かえる, to return). Also, if you have sounds with or without the ", you simply add or remove the " to the て as appropriate.
    Last edited by Ertai87; 04-29-2008 at 11:44 PM.
    日本語をならっている。 まちがえれば、おねがい知らせてください~!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrased from LavaBug
    I remember that day 'cause it's Sailor Mercury's birthday...or is it my mom's?

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Ah, well...this can be closed now, I guess.

Completely forgot that I posted this, because I posted it at night. Now that sensei has tested us too...many...times...I've gotten it...for the most part, at least O_o;;.

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

Closed Thread

Thread Information