AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Demoni's Attempts

The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Demoni's Attempts

Well, I decided to take a crack at uploading. I make simple signatures, and I'm a novice, so please don't be TOO hard on me. Oh, and I don't use photoshop. *sob* I use Paint.NET.

Here's the first one I am uploading here. I couldn't really think of any good text. Give the credit to Serated for the extraction.
    C&C, please?

Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

The Ramen Girl rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2010 12:52 AM
    Threads

i actually think you that what you did was great...

you blended the color well and mixed the image with it's background quite well too...

try doing something much more complicated, 'coz i think that could help you be better...

(im just trying to be a good critique...)
    =]
    "When You have eliminated the IMPOSSIBLE, whatever remains, however IMPROBABLE, must be the TRUTH" -Detective Conan

"I'm not ready yet... It's been three years and I still can't greet him" -Hinata Hyuga

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

you have a jagged pixel edge, I would make a new file, and drive the resolution up, and try to smooth the edge with a soft tip eraser. other than that coolie o.
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by erikareika
    i actually think you that what you did was great...

you blended the color well and mixed the image with it's background quite well too...

try doing something much more complicated, 'coz i think that could help you be better...

(im just trying to be a good critique...)
    =]
    Thank you for the comments! Much appreciated. The reason I don't do complicated sigs is because, well, I really don't know how to. I'm sure that PDN doesn't have as many qualities as photoshop and that might be one of the reasons, but I really can't blame the programs I use for this kind of thing. Do you think you could give me a suggestion of how to make it more complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by demonplight
    you have a jagged pixel edge, I would make a new file, and drive the resolution up, and try to smooth the edge with a soft tip eraser. other than that coolie o.
    *looks closer* Oh! I see it! I should've inspected that after I inserted the outline. I was careless and thought that the image would be fine with whatever I do to it since it's a very clean extraction. [Go Serated! w00t!]
    Now, I'm not trying to make an excuse here, but in PDN I don't think there's such thing as a soft tip eraser...just...an eraser. But I can look at the forums to see if there is something. Thank you for the C&C! ^-^

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

Pdn?
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Wow very nice sig you have ^-^
    and yeah as demonplight said there
    are some jagged edges there ^-^
    I hope to see it fixed soon >o<
    And I'd like to see more from you!
    Wel done!!~~
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demonplight View Post
    Pdn?
    PDN is the program I use. It's short for Paint.NET.
    Anyway...I wasn't sure how to fix the sig because I'm Demoni, SUPER N00B! So I made a new one out of boredom.

...Now that I look at it, it seems like they've been caught by the cops, doesn't it?
    "Oh, crap! Grab the stuff and run!"
    Yeah...that is SO Totoro.

I get bored...So I made this one and attempted to do something with the opacity. It wasn't as worrying as I thought it would be. I'm a worry wort and I have anxiety probs, but that's a different story...I think it turned out good.
    Last edited by Cotaku; 05-14-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Added the second sig

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I decided to take a venture and create a new set for myself!

I really liked how these turned out! There are a few pixely and rough edges, though, aren't there? I don't really know how to fix it except for using the feather plugin, but if I use it too much the image starts to disappear at the edges. Like it did in the avatar, but I liked that effect there.
    The image I used is the main character of Shugo Chara, Hinamori Amu.
    [I just started watching it today and wanted to make a sig with her in it! ♥]

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

Pretty good considering the program you are using. I'm curious to see what else you can get out of it. Keep on going!

Junior Member Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Flame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2008 04:32 PM
    Threads

I like them. I haven't used PDN, so I'm not really sure how it works, nor do I know how difficult it is to use, but the only thing I have to say negatively about them it that some of them are a bit boring. Other than that, they are really good, especially for being a novice!

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Nice new work Demoni!
    But you need to work on your image/render quality though..
    Anyway I love your set!!~~
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)

stalk me

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal_Flame
    I like them. I haven't used PDN, so I'm not really sure how it works, nor do I know how difficult it is to use, but the only thing I have to say negatively about them it that some of them are a bit boring. Other than that, they are really good, especially for being a novice!
    Well in PDN you only really have one [boring] brush unless you use the custum brush plugin, but I don't know how to use that, so that's one setback of the program. But I'm sure I wouldn't even be using all of the different brushes if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by IchigoKiss
    Nice new work Demoni!
    But you need to work on your image/render quality though..
    Anyway I love your set!!~~
    I know. lol
    All I really can think of doing right now is taking a pic from online and using the magic wand function. n_ñ;;

Time for a new set! *throws cookie dough everywhere* lol

I was extremely bored so I made this. Just a simple thing.
    Cake? wtf? lol

Last edited by FlashD; 05-17-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Daeva's black rose poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2008 01:33 PM
    Threads

O.o Wow!
    I use Paint.NET for editing pics, but I have absolutely no idea how can stuff like this be done. Awesome! Keep it up!
    *looks for PDN tuts*

Hot gift from Midnight Rider Teh Great! Thank you :3

Thank you for the awesome sig, Serated!
    -art thread-[VF]-myspace-

Have 7 years of bad luck. Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2008 08:27 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

you can try to use other people's extraction though, just like me ^^ I use them EVERYTIME lol

even though your backgrounds are simple and nice, i still don't know how to do it o.o;;

keep it up! I love to see more! try to use more effects okay?

* My Fan Arts * | Set by me | Now take requests

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poison.ivy
    O.o Wow!
    I use Paint.NET for editing pics, but I have absolutely no idea how can stuff like this be done. Awesome! Keep it up!
    *looks for PDN tuts*
    Really? I have now found two people, other than myself, on this forum that uses PDN! Yay! Actually...I don't really plan it...I just press buttons and hope for the best. lol! That means that all of my good sigs are usually flukes. Don't get me wrong...it's not like I have absolutely no idea about the plugins I DL, I do know what they do and what the image would look after it's done, but I don't really have a plan for anything. It's like an adventure, sig making!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodylucky
    you can try to use other people's extraction though, just like me ^^ I use them EVERYTIME lol

even though your backgrounds are simple and nice, i still don't know how to do it o.o;;

keep it up! I love to see more! try to use more effects okay?
    Yeah...I know I can. But I don't want to get mixed up in the whole giving credits thing, because I know that if I use extractions, I'll forget to give credit to who I got it from, so I'm going to keep practicing on the magic wand. Hehe...
    I'll try more effects then...RIGHT NOW! *poof*

Behold! It is the offspring of ultimate boredom!
    I have no idea who the character is, but I have a feeling that she's from a video game for some reason. If anybody could tell me anything, I'd appreciate it!
    I know she's a bit pixelly and stuff, but I'm still practicing with the feather plugin and magic wand. *shrug*
    Last edited by Cotaku; 05-17-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Have 7 years of bad luck. Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

sorry i don't know which anime it's from.. I know soo less animes lol

sometimes I forget about the credits too! but once I remembered I just hurried and edit my post lol

now, for your last sig, ok, I'll just stop talking about the bad extraction stuff, get on with the real part lol, if the extraction look nice (in my imagination) I think that the big/black dots (not the small one) is a little.. uh random? o.O;; everything else look fine to me ^^

ooh, you use plug-ins? I know where to put/download them but I don't know how to use it o.O;; like what do you do to open/use it?

I LOLed all over theplace ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Rose~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2009 08:14 PM
    Threads

I like it. It is cute...xD Your are doing good on piant

Super Assome! Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 02:10 PM
    Threads

Jagged edges on the Renders. But I really like the backgrounds. Preset or made it yourself? I like the background of the first sig best.

Message from me:

Internizzle serizzle bizzle
    AF family:
    - Temperance: Raccoon Pet. xD
    - Kitsune~girl: Sister :3

Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Maybe that's why you have jagged edges..
    You should try & learn how to extract

^^ Ja ne!
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)

stalk me

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IchigoKiss View Post
    Maybe that's why you have jagged edges..

You should try & learn how to extract

^^ Ja ne!
    Extract? You mean like what Serated does? Do you know where I could learn? Because I would be MORE than willing to. lol

Aces High Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2009 02:46 PM
    Threads

Well if you want to learn how to extract images, you should try using either the pen tool, polygonal lasso tool, layer masks, and the good ol' eraser tool. There are several tutorials on other sites if you are willing to search around a bit that would provide a lot of detail on to use these and other tools to get clean extractions.

And just an everyday tip; make a black background under the layer of your extraction. Zoom in and out while working on the edges to get a good view of the canvas and the area of focus.

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TreyX View Post
    Well if you want to learn how to extract images, you should try using either the pen tool, polygonal lasso tool, layer masks, and the good ol' eraser tool. There are several tutorials on other sites if you are willing to search around a bit that would provide a lot of detail on to use these and other tools to get clean extractions.

And just an everyday tip; make a black background under the layer of your extraction. Zoom in and out while working on the edges to get a good view of the canvas and the area of focus.
    Oh! Thanks! I'l start looking for a PDN tut. And thank you so much for the tips. It would be so convenient for a zoom window to be in PDN. lol

I made a gift for IchigoKiss as a thank you for her sig to me! I know...It's not very good and teh extraction is rough and stuff. *pouts in her corner* lol jk jk
    I hope she likes it! >.<
    Major C&C?
    Last edited by Cotaku; 05-21-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Senior Member LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Manekineko Kill Bill Katana 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2014 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Demoni View Post
    Really? I have now found two people, other than myself, on this forum that uses PDN! Yay! Actually...I don't really plan it...I just press buttons and hope for the best. lol! That means that all of my good sigs are usually flukes. Don't get me wrong...it's not like I have absolutely no idea about the plugins I DL, I do know what they do and what the image would look after it's done, but I don't really have a plan for anything. It's like an adventure, sig making!

Yeah...I know I can. But I don't want to get mixed up in the whole giving credits thing, because I know that if I use extractions, I'll forget to give credit to who I got it from, so I'm going to keep practicing on the magic wand. Hehe...
    I'll try more effects then...RIGHT NOW! *poof*

Behold! It is the offspring of ultimate boredom!
    I have no idea who the character is, but I have a feeling that she's from a video game for some reason. If anybody could tell me anything, I'd appreciate it!
    I know she's a bit pixelly and stuff, but I'm still practicing with the feather plugin and magic wand. *shrug*
    not bad, fix the background a bit. I kinda like it since it has the bunny from Trickster :3
    Careful, I don't take you lightly.
    Sig set made by Daken

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm really bored and I didn't want to go to bed so I made this sig. I really like how it turned out after all of the messing around with the colors and stuff.
    C&C?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I have an image with this girl (the same look, and even the samething it's doing) but the colour isn't like that, what did you do? or is the pic already like that?
    anway, in my opinion, the yellow at the top right corner shouldn't be here... I don't get why there is yellow in it lol
    and try to add more effects too! It helps a lot...!

what did you do with this pic now? I don't think it's like this before right?
    I really like the background, it fits the theme ^^
    keep it up!

Closed Thread

Thread Information