AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: proper object-verb agreement

The Ramen Girl rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU has a reputation beyond repute rEikAbLeU's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2010 12:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Red face proper object-verb agreement

im having a very hard time in using the correct subject-verb agreement, in making a sentence...

its even hard to decipher the correct meaning of a japanese sentence i translated...

i hope you get what i mean...
    "When You have eliminated the IMPOSSIBLE, whatever remains, however IMPROBABLE, must be the TRUTH" -Detective Conan

"I'm not ready yet... It's been three years and I still can't greet him" -Hinata Hyuga

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87 has a reputation beyond repute Ertai87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2010 08:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Japanese verb agreement is really easy, actually. In English, French, and other languages, the subject and verb have to agree. In Japanese, not so much. The person you're speaking to and the verb have to agree, but that's a completely different story, has to do with respect and so forth. Unfortunately there's a bug with the boards, so this might look really weird, but, for example, you can say:

I go to school: ぼくは がっこうに いきます
    He goes to work: かれは かいしゃに いきます (bad translation, in context it uses て form, but it's not grammatically wrong. I'm proving a point, not being correct)
    This train goes to Tokyo Station: この でんしゃは とうきょうえきに いきます

So you can see that the verb doesn't have to agree with the subject. Of course, you have to use the transitive (て) form when appropriate and such, but for simple subject-verb agreement, it's very simple.
    Last edited by Ertai87; 04-30-2008 at 12:05 AM.
    日本語をならっている。 まちがえれば、おねがい知らせてください~!

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrased from LavaBug
    I remember that day 'cause it's Sailor Mercury's birthday...or is it my mom's?

Closed Thread

Thread Information