AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Yes or No to piracy

Senior Member Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 04:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Hey i didnt mean my country it just based on my observation and information from my connection
    T_T

indeed there is several good software produced in a developed coutry but still they have a long ways to gain the trust from comunity. and not all developed country are smart and wealthy enough to build one. well i cant tell the country sorry. but they can got it in two ways.
    First they can purcase the original and crack it.
    second they can hack the official website to gain the link or even the product.
    and off course they will have a good benefit so their loss is worth a while as long as the market is available. and who can endure the benefit of the software with extremly low price + without a lot of time loss for downloading

Thats why this pleague are too difficult to taken care of. or are you have sloved the solution to end this problem
    Last edited by Red Phantoms; 05-01-2008 at 04:32 PM.
    We observe all.....Then when do we move?
    We cant just wait and see right?
    Well just let your imagination works since we are the Phantoms
    Zieg Phantoms!!!

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

Asia piracy article

These are peoples jobs, they raise their families on the wages they get for their hard work.

Digital code is no different than a painting, if you where to paint a picture than go to sale it, and someone made copies of it and sold them, what would you do?

Tell them to stop? in what court? and what if they where in developing nations shipping them to America for profit?
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Senior Member Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well i didnt mean to agree with piracy but we cant deny the fact. i didnt mean to offend you or disagree i just give my opinion though
    Zieg Phantoms!!!

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Quote Originally Posted by demonplight View Post
    Digital code is no different than a painting, if you where to paint a picture than go to sale it, and someone made copies of it and sold them, what would you do?
    Sue them.

If they bought my painting, proceeded to make picture-perfect replicas, and gave them away for free and saying it was my work, there's not much I can do about that.

On a side note, it's a good thing I'm kind of an amoral bastard when it comes to this topic, or I'd feel guilty.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Your analogy is pretty broken. This just doesn't happen. If someone is skilled enough to forge your art, they're skilled enough to make equally good original art. And if you are famous enough for it to be lucrative to forge your art for the name-value, then a small loss of money isn't a big issue.

Furthermore, you (if you have some sort of self respect) usually don't mass produce your paintings, so even if someone paints an identical painting and pushes it off as their own, the market loss is negligible.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
    Your analogy is pretty broken. This just doesn't happen. If someone is skilled enough to forge your art, they're skilled enough to make equally good original art. And if you are famous enough for it to be lucrative to forge your art for the name-value, then a small loss of money isn't a big issue.

Furthermore, you (if you have some sort of self respect) usually don't mass produce your paintings, so even if someone paints an identical painting and pushes it off as their own, the market loss is negligible.
    Books and peotry
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Member Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan has a reputation beyond repute Horofan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2008 06:39 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Number Six View Post

Wrong, forging art is simple with the right tools.

And why should I take a hit on finances because some cheap, lazy person can't drive to the store and spend money on my product instead of eating out for a few weeks?

When you pirate a $30 anime, you profess that you are either financially incapable to buy it and spend money in other places, or are morally opposed to the whole system.

In that second case, if there's a law that says explicitly to not do it, grow up. This country runs on supply and demand and you can blame the masses for buying something enough to keep it at its price without loss.

This is so black and white, and yet all the people who support piracy can come up with every excuse in the world to do it like there's some grey area built in. There isn't. This society is one of many that champion the idea that to be a worthwhile addition to society, you have to do things the right (long/expensive/annoying) way. Laws, whether you agree with them or not, are laws.

Just another reason we should have to earn our citizenship imo.
    All the love out to the true philosophers.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Books and poetry
    If someone transcribes a copy from memory and hands it out to everyone, what can you do? They memorized your book or poem, and wrote it down for everyone else to enjoy for free. You can't tell them to not do it, but since they're not profiting or anything copyright laws are pretty much powerless there. If anything it's getting your name out there.

Now if they SELL their transcriptions, then you have an argument. Which ironically is more like reselling used goods than filesharing.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

Member MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight has a reputation beyond repute MetalKnight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2009 06:22 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Inventions solve problems. It's as simple as that. You need to encourage problem solving. A piece of art doesn't solve a problem. It merely entertains.

BTW, the patent system is far less tenacious than copyright law. Patents don't last 75 years after death.
    Why is this? Because inventions, unlike art, MUST be released to public domain sooner. They're necessary.
    As I stated, I understand your point, but I don’t agree with it. “Whether it solves a problem or not,” isn’t the issue to me and does not validate taking a commodity good for free against the creator’s will.

If one can monopolize on a necessity/inelastic product then another should be able to monopolize on an elastic commodity. If a person creates a new want then he should be able to take advantage of it for a while just like the person who fulfills a preexisted want. From my opinion, intellectual property is what it is, and I think all forms (both art and invention) should be treated in the same manner. And because of that, I agree with you on the second point, copyright law is excessive to a degree.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Copyright law isn't a subsidy/tax.

It's supposed to encourage creativity by granting artists monopolies, but at the same time it also restricts creativity by restricting art at the whims of artists.
    The part of copyright I see “restricting” to innovation may be the royalties a person must pay the system (which is given to the creator) in order to profit from using another person’s work. If you’re not in it for the money, no one is going to kick down your door for covering an artist’s song or repainting a picture that you love. There is "fair use" of a product and the acedemic world has allowed people to cite different ideas. For this reason, copyright doesn't not throw up an overly restrictive barrier on people's work, especially for who are not concerned about money.

Look at fan fics in this perspective... If anything, one’s work often inspires and builds upon more creativity, not restrict or limit it. Also remember, artists aren’t filling void/wants, but making their own. With every great idea created there is an infinite number of other ideas one can expand upon or build themselves. So giving a person control of their own work is no great disservice to the world. It's a commodity- not the world's oil supply or a breakthrough discovery.

It's actually not uncommon for people to have similar inspirations, then create something very similar to each other's work, and then accuse each other of copying each other. With copyright law, not only will one lose credit on their work, but they won't be allowed to expand on their own work due to it violating copyright law.
    Like I said, it does happen after someone reads a book or hears a song they like. That is why some people suggest you read a book before you write an essay so you subconsciously emulate them. In a similar sense, I’ve had many friends compose songs that they felt were original, only to have one of us point out that they just played the exact riff from another song they heard from a band (but did not remember it consciously). You’re right, it happens, but for what reason - because the two crafted the same identical piece in separate isolated environments, or because one inspired/subconsciously moved another?

If there's reason and proof the believe the former, rights can be granted to both parties, but the latter is where most of the cases fall.

I'm not saying they shouldn't. I'm saying that there shouldn't be an arbitrary restriction on art--that those who can't sustain living without such a system should get a day job or not do art.

Basically, yeah. The people who make the programs don't do it to make money. They do it for the accomplishment.

This doesn't apply. The people are supposed to enjoy the works for free. If you donate it's a way of saying "thank you". Gratitude doesn't need obligation because it's sincere gesture rather than a business one.

Just think about fanfics. They're pieces of art that can't be copyrighted, yet they entertain lots of people.
    I know you think otherwise, but I prefer not to discourage and displace workers within these markets. Like I said, if art/music/software creation is one’s passion, he should be able to craft a profession out of it to make a sustainable living. However, like you pointed out, the people don’t do it to make money, merely accomplishment. Accomplishment and sincere gratitude does not feed a person nor can it guarantee a stable lifestyle for the person pursing such profession. My main concern is the stability of these markets if society lifted and ousted copyright laws completely. It’ll establish even more risk in an economic market that’s already unpredictable and unstable due to the taste of its consumers.
    Last edited by MetalKnight; 05-01-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: S&G

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Horofan View Post
    This is so black and white, and yet all the people who support piracy can come up with every excuse in the world to do it like there's some grey area built in. There isn't. This society is one of many that champion the idea that to be a worthwhile addition to society, you have to do things the right (long/expensive/annoying) way. Laws, whether you agree with them or not, are laws.
    We're not arguing whether to follow the law (at least I'm not), but whether the laws should be there in the first place. In which case, the argument that it's the law is meaningless.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

hobo for hire realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89 has a reputation beyond repute realms89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 07:58 PM
    A drifting spec in the depths of the galaxy
    Threads

im not going to go out and buy a cd/dvd for fifteen dollars + when it cost 5cents to make it what a rip off
    Last edited by realms89; 05-03-2008 at 05:52 AM.
    great anime torrent http://dattebayo.com/t/

Live to ride, ride to live.

Senior Member Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2016 09:10 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by realms89 View Post
    im not going to go out and but a cd/dvd for fifteen dollars + when it cost 5cents to make it what a rip off
    is that an argument? if we follow that kind of logic we wouldn´t buy anything right?

i bought the especial edition of Queen´s Wembley concert for 50$ but i could easily have downloaded it and riped it for less than 2$. is that the same thing?? i don´t think so if we like the things we give them value and that´s why we buy original stuff
    The Supreme Ruler
    of The Whole
    Universe

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"China Steals Nukes, and Counterfeits American Crafts!"
    1999-07-25 until 1999-07-25
    Made in the USA Foundation: American Crafts Project
    Washington, DC, USA United States of America
    I hate to spam but that reminded me of this from a pamphlet of the Beijing Olympics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	554700.jpg‎
Views:	30
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	20174  
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Senior Member Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 09:13 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kobarokawa-San View Post

You support piracy or you "accept" piracy? It´s different..
    i understand your point of view although in my opinion you shouldn´t support piracy only because in your country you cannot get access to anime or stuff like that.
    here in portugal is very difficult to get any manga or anime. there are few stores where we cam get good stuff. very few. but i still don´t support piracy.

it´s hard to say but the world is not all democratized and people don´t have the same opportunities. Japanese or American people have so much more opportunities of get good manga or anime stuff than portuguese people as an example. and we have to understand that.
    i love Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and there was a concert in japan about it with the cast singing and dancing the anime songs. it was very difficult to people from other countries be there.

So if we have the conditions to get the stuff very well. if we don´t we shouldn´t support piracy for that..
    I support it as in I encourage the subbers to keep up the good work and if I could translate or sub or do any work related to subbing, I would lend them a hand. Over here, there are NO (unless I'm outdated and slow) stores selling originals. They put a label saying they're originals but they're actually bootlegs from Hong Kong or China, the hub of anime piracy. I don't buy those of course since they are a complete waste of money. Instead, I search the internet for those shows hoping that some kind soul will share it.

The other way is for me to go over to Singapore and grab them. But then I risk being taxed like crazy and again, it's just not an affordable practice to keep. But I did purchase a couple and did not declare them to save on the tax, which is yet another form of crime. So unless I stop watching altogether or someone in my country starts an authentic distribution, I doubt I'll stop the free downloads or sharing or smuggling.

~*Why don't they get tired, Because they're fools, Don't fools get tired, How can fools get tired?*~ www.hypergraphiansmuse.blogspot.com
    AF Family
    "Red" - Younger brother
    "*Ninna* ~ Hatake - Sister-in-law"

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Piracy is bad!

In fact it is more bad than a bad man that just got out of bad College and won the grand prize in bad land for being extra bad!
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Amray View Post
    Piracy is bad!

In fact it is more bad than a bad man that just got out of bad College and won the grand prize in bad land for being extra bad!
    You know I don't think I could have said it better.
    MySpace FaceBook

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Indeed but we cant stop it just by saying it bad though.
    Zieg Phantoms!!!

i'm desu and i know it. Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi has a reputation beyond repute Konata Izumi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2012 02:33 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    I hate to spam but that reminded me of this from a pamphlet of the Beijing Olympics.
    Woah. Haruhi is all the wrong colours and I have no idea who that other guy is.

Yep; I'm pretty much against piracy though I wasn't a few months back.
    Last edited by Konata Izumi; 05-04-2008 at 02:10 AM.

Senior Member gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 12:34 PM
    Threads

I will keep downloading piratecopies of anime. And why? It's fast, sheap, and the service is awsome!

If I go to the store: First I will have to wait for years before it's released. Then the price is too high, higher than regular movies. And the service? About 4 eps per box is NOT a good service.

Piracy is better in every way when it comes to anime!

My sigs and avas

Need a friend? Just send a PM

Senior Member Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2016 09:10 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by gaburieru View Post
    I will keep downloading piratecopies of anime. And why? It's fast, sheap, and the service is awsome!

If I go to the store: First I will have to wait for years before it's released. Then the price is too high, higher than regular movies. And the service? About 4 eps per box is NOT a good service.

fast, cheap and the service is awesome...

and illegal and not original!!

let´s appeal to your moral sense..

don´t bother you doing something that you know is illegal? piracy is always piracy no matter what

how can you say the piracy is better in every away if it is illegal??

Don´t bother you that your stuff is not original? is some kind of work done for someone who you don´t know even the name
    the work may have quality but is always illegal no matter what...

imagine you are some kind of anime creator or manga.. you draw your stuff and sell as a way of gain your money.. only that way..

but you find out that your work is being distribute over the net.. you made it and delivered to the publisher but somehow your work "escaped"

are you still protector of piracy??

and the fact is not original? if you have to show your personal collection you only have CD´s or DVD´s with some kind of weird label to show...
    The Supreme Ruler
    of The Whole
    Universe

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Red Phantoms View Post
    Indeed but we cant stop it just by saying it bad though.
    Well, piracy is just like Racism. No matter how much you and others want it to stop, it is always going to be around.

GENUINE FTW!!
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Member InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury has a reputation beyond repute InsultToInjury's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2008 05:07 PM
    Threads

I see know harm in it if you give it back and not in it for your personal gain or wealth (like pirate dvds etc). I will download an album for example if if I like it I will then purchase the album. I like to physically own the cd and such. However I download to find new types of music.

Times Change and People Change With Them

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by gaburieru View Post

I will agree with you on one thing, it is a we bit to pricey.
    As for the better service yes you are right, downloading things is a far better service than having to go to a store and stand in line, and look at the small selection.
    But industries are aware of this and that is why many of them are looking in to having pod cast, and what not at a subscription cost. Like Napster but for videos.

Also there are things like net flix, where you can rent them, ask your self how many times do you watch that dvd? is it really worth buying?
    MySpace FaceBook

pokemon trainer MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 6882 3906 6528

I am totally for it!
    I mean. Sure it is illegal but why should it be?
    For most people- They don't sell them!
    They copy it and watch it at home. Sometimes
    even lend it to friends. Whats wrong with that?
    It's naturally good for the director/producers,
    because it is getting the message out there! About
    how good the movies are. I myself have copied
    DVD's. ^^
    And what about the R4 for Nintendo DS's?
    The Police know about the website. So why don't
    they go out and arrest them! I think the R4 is actually
    pretty good. Because if gaming stores start to sell them,
    lots of people will buy them and gaming stores will end up
    earning more money.
    For people who do not know what the R4 is, it is a DS slot
    game for $80 which can store 20 games, music files and videos.
    You would usually buy one game for $80, correct? (or maybe 60..)
    I made my point clear. Yes to piracy.
    ^^ If I find a cop at my door, I am going to kill you ^^
    i cant believe we almost hung it up o woah o .set made by me;

Senior Member gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru has a reputation beyond repute gaburieru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2009 12:34 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kobarokawa-San View Post
    imagine you are some kind of anime creator or manga.. you draw your stuff and sell as a way of gain your money.. only that way..
    You must be very navie since you think that you only earn monyey by selling the actual anime and manga. In fact that's just a small fragment of the real income.

The BIG money comes from selling licenses that allows your customer to broadcast your show or make puppets that look like your characters. The more fans you get, the more important this kind of buisness gets. If it wasn't form scans and fansubs anime and manga would never have been so huge worldwide as it is today.

By watching/reading and then telling a ton friends about it I'm making the artist a favour.

And yes I DO BY ORIGINAL MERCHENDISE FOR FAN PURPOSES!

And you don't seam to understand why the service on original anime suck. I live in Sweden to start with. The naruto-series for example have reached about episode 50 (NOT SHIPPÜDEN). Anime DVD:s cost about twice as much as regular movies and a couple of mangapockets (in english) costs about as much as a bloody dictionary!

That is not service, that is robbery. I will keep downloading until anime/manga is not so exclusive as it is today. It is just so unfair that the guys in Japan can buy a panga pocket for the same price as an Ice-Cream.

My sigs and avas

Need a friend? Just send a PM

Closed Thread

Thread Information