AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Vanilla wallpaper, Is it really that bad?

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Unhappy Vanilla wallpaper, Is it really that bad?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vanilla.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	19831

I submitted this wallpaper today, and it was rejected due to:

-Incomplete extraction (there are leftovers on the character's head and right arm).
    -Bad composition

Tips:
    -Fix the credit position
    -The character on the background is stretched
    -Position the character in the background more to the right
    -Remove the stars and the moon or place them somewhere else (the stars are covering the character's face which is not good)

Most of the reasons are opinions, therefore should not effect it's approval. I did the requirements. And everything else doesn't effect it THAT badly to not be approved right?

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It looks really nice. I am not an expert in submitting wallpapers but I think its really good. ^^

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Senior Member salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2008 01:18 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

yes...there are leftover on the hairs(not cut well) and also the quality is off...i had the same prob..my extract was well cut but there was a realy smal prat that hadnt been cut well and when i say small i mean it was hardly visible but it wasnt approved and i had to fix it.....
    about stars i guess that shoukd be ok since its part of BG not the orginal extract and its like an effect but if u wanna look behind the stars yes its bit off and doesnt look good..anyway, u need to work on extract...too much leftover on the right side of her hair specially and do some cleaning...

u know..actually ur wall should meet moderator's rquirements not what is written in submit section and they have high expectation cause they are building a wallpaper site and of course they have the right to only accept High Quality walls and good from every aspect
    Last edited by salar; 04-10-2008 at 12:32 PM.
    wanna see my wallpapers?? ^__^

http://salar.animewallpapers.com/

in order to use my geraphics(SIGs and GIFs) read that one rule in the first post of this topic,and dont worry its not st hard^^
    also rep points are welcomed

A gift from generous KARUTO_CHAN

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by salar View Post
    yes...there are leftover on the hairs(not cut well) and also the quality is off...i had the same prob..my extract was well cut but there was a realy smal prat that hadnt been cut well and when i say small i mean it was hardly visible but it wasnt approved and i had to fix it.....
    about stars i guess that shoukd be ok since its part of BG not the orginal extract and its like an effect but if u wanna look behind the stars yes its bit off and doesnt look good..anyway, u need to work on extract...too much leftover on the right side of her hair specially and do some cleaning...

u know..actually ur wall should meet moderator's rquirements not what is written in submit section and they have high expectation cause they are building a wallpaper site and of course they have the right to only accept High Quality walls and good from every aspect
    I have to agree with salar with the leftover hair.. at some stage I would erase some of the hair
    bits that I think that doesn't look good and the quality has to be better
    but i do like the glow on the characters face [if there was/is one]
    and the vanilla sign thingy.
    but the text is low quality and the stars on her face
    doesnt look to good either and if you notice that at the near bottom left there is white...

but still keep trying trying you'll get there
    just like me ^_^
    so don't worry
    Last edited by IchigoKiss; 04-10-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Thanks... I'll try to do better next time. And ichigokiss thanks for pointing the white at the bottom out, I didn't notice it.

Here's my newest submission... I think it should make it this time. A friend of mine really liked it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chobitsvs2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	19832
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 04-10-2008 at 01:27 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar has a reputation beyond repute salar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

u need to creat a seprate thread for each of ur wall..that what i was told by moderators..anyway the main extract is too dark and kinda looks blue(didt use a photo filter or st) and kinda make chi looses her beauty and i guess if u bright her a bit i looks better and also play with match color option to make her look more lively...because of those screen shots quality goes abit off(specially the the first one from right looks blury) but the design is nice and i like it
    Last edited by salar; 04-10-2008 at 02:20 PM.

in order to use my geraphics(SIGs and GIFs) read that one rule in the first post of this topic,and dont worry its not st hard^^

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

That's awesome but why is Chii blue-ish? Anyway it's would have been nicer if
    there was a white glow behind Chii
    Anyways I love it ^_^
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)

stalk me

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

ah I see. well I edited the wallpaper, Made the main chii normal, also but a bit of a glow around her ^-^ do I post it here or should I go ahead and make a new thread?

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

i'm not sure but don't make a new thread though..
    can you please pm me the attachment?
    I'd love to see it
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)

stalk me

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

why not.....make a thread and let other ppl comment on it

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Thanks... I'll try to do better next time. And ichigokiss thanks for pointing the white at the bottom out, I didn't notice it.

Here's my newest submission... I think it should make it this time. A friend of mine really liked it.

Attachment 19832
    all friends who are not experienced with these sort of things will like almost everything you make. that's why i joined this place!
    The chobits wall is TOO blue. tone that blue down a little. It makes it look bad...
    the butterflies look very good though.

about the first wall, it's not good quality at all. The character doesn't look very good. Try this:
    1. duplicate the extract layer.
    2. go filters>blurs>gaussian blur and set the amount to about 2 or whatever seems right.
    3. change the blend mode to hard light or overlay.

if the extracts nose dissappers, then just use the burn tool to make it visible. but you might have to do it on both the layers.

the stars near her are incomplete. they don't look good either. try some other stars, whit ones maybe..

hope that helped!

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Junior Member Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung has a reputation beyond repute Nakyo - Verachtung's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-08-2008 12:25 PM
    Threads

I´m not a expert but I think it´s look beautiful =)

Darling, you´re the light in my darkness

I´m sorry for mistakes, but I ´m german and don´t know better.

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

First of all, according to the rules every wallpaper should be in it's own thread. This is because this way people can concentrate on one wallpaper and it's improved versions, rather than just go for a general opinion on all the walls.

Then, I guess it's good I explain a few things about why the first wall was rejected.
    This wallpaper is actually pretty good as of the whole idea. I liked how it was made, but as a validator I had to ask myself a few things:
    - as one of the possible candidates to use the wallpaper would I like to have a wallpaper on my desktop where the main character's face is covered with a a moon and stars which don't even blend nicely? (doesn't matter if it's in the background, I'm sure you wouldn't like your face covered with somebody's hand in a group picture)
    - would I like to have a wallpaper where the character isn't proportionally stretched?
    - would I accept to use a wall where when I open my computer the first thing I notice is a 2px thick border on the character's elbow where from red goes to light brown (sand brown), then moves to white and only then actually meets with the background?
    - would I accept to have a background where when I look at the character seems like I'm looking at a girl who has a huge need to go play in the sandbox (I'm referring to the character graininess).
    To all these questions I answered with a huge "no".

Now, you can say these are my own preferences, but I'm sure you wouldn't like such a wallpaper either. And I can say the same for every other person that likes to have a nice wallpaper. A bad extraction can be overlooked at times, but not, if when my interface with your wallpaper opens is the very first thing I notice. It might be a small mistake, but if it really is -that- small why is the first thing I noticed? The "bad composition" was just an overall look at the whole wallpaper, since the character in the background is too much to the right and the stars are over the character's face. Why pushing the character out of the wallpaper? Is it that ugly or something? Why not just put it in the center between the main character and the border? Then the stars ... why on the face, why not behind, or why not just around the character? It's not really about preferences, I just can't imagine somebody put a picture on the wall where all the picture shows is them with a huge star over their face.

Oh ... as a side note ... tips are not reasons, but just some help so you know where to start fixing from and are not obligatory to follow.

And as last your second wall ... well ... I guess the first wall was enough of yelling and lecturing so I will stick with personal opinions. x_x;;
    As people already pointed out the character is too dark for the background, while the 3 pictures on the background are too bright taking away the view from the main character. Also for the blue background there is a lot of left space. Maybe by using a few brushes and filling that part with some dreamy shapes, would make it look more interesting. Right now the overall wallpaper looks kind of plain. It just seem a weird collage without any meaning. Think about a composition and ask yourself what you want the wallpaper to express.

I really hope the critique about the first wall won't be taken too harshly. It's not intended to criticize you or your work, but just to explain that we as validators can't really look at what we like or how much time somebody put into making the wallpaper, but we have to be "evil" and look for mistakes and decide if the mistake is huge enough for a wide variety of people and eventually reject the wallpaper. v_v

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD View Post
    First of all, according to the rules every wallpaper should be in it's own thread. This is because this way people can concentrate on one wallpaper and it's improved versions, rather than just go for a general opinion on all the walls.

Then, I guess it's good I explain a few things about why the first wall was rejected.
    This wallpaper is actually pretty good as of the whole idea. I liked how it was made, but as a validator I had to ask myself a few things:
    - as one of the possible candidates to use the wallpaper would I like to have a wallpaper on my desktop where the main character's face is covered with a a moon and stars which don't even blend nicely? (doesn't matter if it's in the background, I'm sure you wouldn't like your face covered with somebody's hand in a group picture)
    - would I like to have a wallpaper where the character isn't proportionally stretched?
    - would I accept to use a wall where when I open my computer the first thing I notice is a 2px thick border on the character's elbow where from red goes to light brown (sand brown), then moves to white and only then actually meets with the background?
    - would I accept to have a background where when I look at the character seems like I'm looking at a girl who has a huge need to go play in the sandbox (I'm referring to the character graininess).
    To all these questions I answered with a huge "no".

Now, you can say these are my own preferences, but I'm sure you wouldn't like such a wallpaper either. And I can say the same for every other person that likes to have a nice wallpaper. A bad extraction can be overlooked at times, but not, if when my interface with your wallpaper opens is the very first thing I notice. It might be a small mistake, but if it really is -that- small why is the first thing I noticed? The "bad composition" was just an overall look at the whole wallpaper, since the character in the background is too much to the right and the stars are over the character's face. Why pushing the character out of the wallpaper? Is it that ugly or something? Why not just put it in the center between the main character and the border? Then the stars ... why on the face, why not behind, or why not just around the character? It's not really about preferences, I just can't imagine somebody put a picture on the wall where all the picture shows is them with a huge star over their face.

Oh ... as a side note ... tips are not reasons, but just some help so you know where to start fixing from and are not obligatory to follow.

And as last your second wall ... well ... I guess the first wall was enough of yelling and lecturing so I will stick with personal opinions. x_x;;
    As people already pointed out the character is too dark for the background, while the 3 pictures on the background are too bright taking away the view from the main character. Also for the blue background there is a lot of left space. Maybe by using a few brushes and filling that part with some dreamy shapes, would make it look more interesting. Right now the overall wallpaper looks kind of plain. It just seem a weird collage without any meaning. Think about a composition and ask yourself what you want the wallpaper to express.

I really hope the critique about the first wall won't be taken too harshly. It's not intended to criticize you or your work, but just to explain that we as validators can't really look at what we like or how much time somebody put into making the wallpaper, but we have to be "evil" and look for mistakes and decide if the mistake is huge enough for a wide variety of people and eventually reject the wallpaper. v_v
    It's fine! I'm blueangel after all. I accept things and get back up and try again ^-^ I'm going to try over and over again until I get it right!!!! ^-^

Which may.. Or may not.. Get annoying. xD

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    It's fine! I'm blueangel after all. I accept things and get back up and try again ^-^ I'm going to try over and over again until I get it right!!!! ^-^

Which may.. Or may not.. Get annoying. xD
    Of course ... critiques are here to improve. ^_^
    I will be waiting for your new submissions. ^_^

Closed Thread

Thread Information