AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Death? why do you fear it so much?

Senior Member jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2008 10:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: none.

Quote Originally Posted by Amray View Post
    Well nonetheless, I just think that everybody should enjoy the life given to them the best they can. People always want their friends and family to be happy no matter what happens to them, so maybe we should be. Although it is hard not to show sorrow.

My pet dog which we had for 11 years past away yesterday and he was just like one of the family and its weird without him here, and I tried not to cry but did and I could not help it. And to be honest I forgot what it felt like to cry..
    I am sorry to hear that.
    You are right about the "enjoy the life given to them the best they can", because if we do not then what is the point of life now?
    Favorite anime of all time!
    HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI!

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by jakun_kenpachi View Post
    So you are saying you have no fear of it?
    Read the words i said, "Death? why do you fear it so much?"
    This may not be fear of your own death but of those around you. Everyone has a bit of fear of death to some point, saying you do not is a lie. Now willing to give your life for another without a second thought is not fearlessness but simply that you found a reason thats all. Everyone fears the idea of death to some small point.

Even if you are a religious man of those beliefs you still must fear losing the ones you love or leaving the ones you love.
    Once again I must argue with you, you speak from the lack of experience. If you have always feared death than you wouldn't know what it's like not to fear it would you?

I don't fear a loved one passing away, I fear how they might pass away. That isn't death, it's that little time before death. (pain)

Once again, it's circumstance I fear, not death.
    ████████████

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

I dont.

I only hope to fulfill everything I want before that happens.
    Derp.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I dont. I believe in reincarnation.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2020 03:23 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous Feind View Post
    Once again I must argue with you, you speak from the lack of experience. If you have always feared death than you wouldn't know what it's like not to fear it would you?

I don't fear a loved one passing away, I fear how they might pass away. That isn't death, it's that little time before death. (pain)

If you don't have any problem anyone not being alive anymore, then it's best to say that you don't have any loved ones.

Now, to not fear a loved one's death isn't irrational because there is rarely anything you can do about it, and fearing that which is completely out of your control.
    The purpose of fear is to motivate a person to avoid an undesirable situation. To not fear death is essentially to not desire life. Such a person wouldn't have a problem with dying on spot assuming it was painless.

on Detonation Boulevard Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Beer Xmas Bear2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2013 06:14 PM
    Threads

I personally don't fear it, if it happens, IT HAPPENS! We will never know what is on the other side until we step through. Though I suppose some people fear death because maybe they fear it will come sooner than they expect? They want to reach certain goals before passing on into the netherworld? I wouldn't know, I don't know how other people think. That's just my guess.

Senior Member jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi has a reputation beyond repute jakun_kenpachi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2008 10:44 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: none.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous Feind View Post

Lack? I will not even get into that with you but I will say i use to think I only had to fear how i died, and did not care about the thought as a whole, but i grew past that blind view of mine.
    Fear can be good, if you have no fear of it then you have no real reason to live if you can not serve a reason for living, and if you do not fear your loved ones dieing then you really have no reason. Without respect of that what we do not understand we will never be able to accept it.
    The reason you say you do not fear death is because you believe( I am not saying it is wrong but just for argument sake.) that there is an after life correct? even if there is you may never be able to return to this state of living.
    I will stop from what i would say normally, because I think i might overstep a few boundaries. I am sorry if i all ready have i am very tired when i wrote this.
    Favorite anime of all time!
    HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI!

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ai View Post
    I dont. I believe in reincarnation.
    Yay, me too. It's a shame most don't believe in that anymore.
    We'll all return to the Holy UNIX tree, where we will be given a new life, and spawn off of it again.

Senior Member Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta has a reputation beyond repute Souji Seta's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Manekineko
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-10-2011 07:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As for me, I do not fear death but the onw that I fear is the death of the ones I care about. I am willing to lay down my life if it is for them. My own life is nothing without them. I could not do anything for the friends of mine who passed away thats why I won't let the remaining friends that I have to be hurt. And that fear of mine is what drives me to overcome challenges that I face. It's my only motivator to live.

Truth is a thing which only appears to those who have observed, considered, and made a choice. At the end of the path you chose lies the truth...Believe in it and continue without faltering.

hold me accountable Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 03:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by jakun_kenpachi
    This may not be fear of your own death but of those around you. Everyone has a bit of fear of death to some point, saying you do not is a lie. Now willing to give your life for another without a second thought is not fearlessness but simply that you found a reason thats all. Everyone fears the idea of death to some small point.

Even if you are a religious man of those beliefs you still must fear losing the ones you love or leaving the ones you love.
    If this is true, then our definitions of "fear" are different. I don't fear their death, I mean sure, it makes me sad to think that one day they will die, but I don't fear it.

You are right about the "enjoy the life given to them the best they can", because if we do not then what is the point of life now?
    Again, I'm going to have to disagree with both you and Amray. Most people do live to be happy, but there are a select few who live for different reasons. Just because their reason to live is different, that doesn't make it pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wio
    If you don't have any problem anyone not being alive anymore, then it's best to say that you don't have any loved ones.
    What makes you say that? Really, I'm curious to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wio
    The purpose of fear is to motivate a person to avoid an undesirable situation. To not fear death is essentially to not desire life. Such a person wouldn't have a problem with dying on spot assuming it was painless.
    Again, I think our definitions of fear must be different. I don't -want- to die, but I don't fear it either. You're right about the first part, but that doesn't mean that without it you don't value life. There's a difference between "having a problem with death" and fearing it.

Fear can be good, if you have no fear of it then you have no real reason to live if you can not serve a reason for living, and if you do not fear your loved ones dieing then you really have no reason.
    What is this? What are you on about? Of course you can go on living with good reason, even if you don't fear death. There are millions of reasons to go on living, and I doubt most people keep it up just because they're afraid of dying. That's negative thinking and I don't like it >(

(The most common example would be to be happy. People don't want to die sad and lonely, so they go on living until they've filled their metaphorical happy jar. It's quite possible that once they've done so, they wouldn't mind dying.)

Quote Originally Posted by Merodi
    I believe that inside our minds there is a little person... It's main want is to live-even if we don't realize it. It's the voice or one who takes control when you do things that are unexplainable when it comes to servival or other other death realted issues.
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but there is no little person. It's called the survival instinct... pretty much every living creature has it (unless they were dropped on their head as a baby.)

I think that's all I wanted to say. Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by Exquiro; 03-19-2008 at 08:45 AM.
    "Done because we are too meny."

Junior Member Nicola XD is on a distinguished road Nicola XD's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2008 11:47 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: do i even have1? XS

people fear death because, although there is the idea of heaven, and reincanation, there's a chance that once you die, thats it. life over, and you just stop existing.
    Natsu <3 Katsu XD

Member Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl has a brilliant future Demon-grl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2008 12:41 AM
    huh? location? oh! standing right behind u over ur sholders.*smiles*....
    Threads

death..... boy do i not want to remember wut happened yesterday..... but yet it still comes back and makes me remember who i saved from dieing in my arms. it was my friend she was having an over reaction with her new medication and.........god its so hard to explain it and trying to help my mom trying to not kill her self and her trying not to kill me.... and im the oldest in my family i had to take my brothers to my aunts house to keep them safe from my mom. my dad was at work when this happened... i had to hurry and tell my mom to not to kill me and herself.... my brother is 7 and the other is turning 13. and im 15 the oldest in my family. im guessing tht no one knws how hard it is to live with a mom thts trying to kill herself and the oldest kid in the family tring to risk her life for her younger brothers... well i to am afraid of death every minute of my life i'm always scared and protecting my little brothers from my mom...
    Last edited by Demon-grl; 03-19-2008 at 12:08 PM.
    Demon-grl......
    cool big demon sis~momijilol
    first sis~kawairashii hikari
    kute lil sis~karami mew uchiha
    cool big bro~splark23
    kute lil bro~ tari suchiru
    pm me if u want to be in my family...

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by jakun_kenpachi View Post
    Lack? I will not even get into that with you but I will say i use to think I only had to fear how i died, and did not care about the thought as a whole, but i grew past that blind view of mine.
    Fear can be good, if you have no fear of it then you have no real reason to live if you can not serve a reason for living, and if you do not fear your loved ones dieing then you really have no reason. Without respect of that what we do not understand we will never be able to accept it.
    The reason you say you do not fear death is because you believe( I am not saying it is wrong but just for argument sake.) that there is an after life correct? even if there is you may never be able to return to this state of living.
    I will stop from what i would say normally, because I think i might overstep a few boundaries. I am sorry if i all ready have i am very tired when i wrote this.

I enjoy life, it's like eating an ice cream - It's good while it's there, but I don't fear when it will end.
    ████████████

Have 7 years of bad luck. Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2008 08:27 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I don't really fear it since I feel like dying.. o.O
    actually I fear it when it's like knife stabs to death and everything that hurts cuz well.. it hurts..
    if it's like poison and stuff that doesn't hurt I'm not afraid ^^

* My Fan Arts * | Set by me | Now take requests

Senior Member bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug has a reputation beyond repute bug's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2013 08:48 PM
    Threads

Do I fear death? Not sure. It's more like I don't want to die. Even though I won't be there when I die, there will be people who will suffer from sadness. I just don't like the though of that. I think were born with an innate instinct that makes us want to live. Then again, I guess that's the hole point of survival instinct.
    Sig no longer in development...

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

-emo moment-
    I'm not. I'm actually just waiting for a promise to end... unless something happens to come into my life. I'm tired of looking for a place I belong, where I have a purpose... I don't want to go into details of why I think the way I do.
    -end of emo-ness-
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Pegasus Saint Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Bleach Ichigo Mask 006 - Charizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2015 08:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MauPerU

I guess people fear death because what happens after it is unknown. I think if we knew what really happens after it we wouldnt be that scared.
    HUmans fear the unknown so yea its normal to fear death. Or we simply dont want to stop living.

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Seiya View Post
    Or we simply dont want to stop living.
    Because humans will either think about unfinished things, they may think that things could get better, that they could do so much more.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Pegasus Saint Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya has a reputation beyond repute Saint Seiya's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yea that too, we think that we havent done enough or that we are not ready yet, i know that sounds kinda silly but yea. I myself have thought that i was gonna die once because of a breathing problem and i just didnt wanna die i i wasnt ready, i got really scared because i knew it wasnt my time and it obviously wasnt cause im still here lol

hold me accountable Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro has a reputation beyond repute Exquiro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Seiya View Post
    Yea that too, we think that we havent done enough or that we are not ready yet, i know that sounds kinda silly but yea. I myself have thought that i was gonna die once because of a breathing problem and i just didnt wanna die i i wasnt ready, i got really scared because i knew it wasnt my time and it obviously wasnt cause im still here lol
    That only works if you believe in things like destiny. Which I don't.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

i dont, its just a feeling you have

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm sure if it was all down to feelings, some people would live forever.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Exquiro View Post
    That only works if you believe in things like destiny. Which I don't.
    What about luck? Nevermind.

To be free of destiny or fate, you have to be free-willed.
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kie_D_K View Post
    What about luck? Nevermind.

To be free of destiny or fate, you have to be free-willed.
    Are we not free willed? I'm not saying that we are, I'm just asking your opinion.

Also, I don't really believe in luck either.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Exquiro View Post
    I'm sure if it was all down to feelings, some people would live forever.
    Hmm i think you misunderstood what i said or maybe i didnt say it correctly.
    What im saying is that we fear death because we simply dont wanna die. Now, about my experience, i felt that i didnt wanna die, period. Not because i wanted to do other stuff or because life could be better, no i simply didnt want to die thats it. And i felt that it wasnt my time to die thats all. It was just a feeling, Im not saying that just because you feel that youre gonna live forever you will because thats impossible.

Closed Thread

Thread Information