AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: rate it

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 7.69%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 7.69%

0 0%

2 15.38%

4 30.77%

5 38.46%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV series] BECK

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Default [TV series] BECK

Title: BECK
    Jap. Kanji: ベック
    Synonyms: BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad
    Genre: Music, Shounen
    Type: TV (26 episodes)
    Year: 2004-2005 (07.10.2004 till 31.03.2005)
    Companies: MADHOUSE

Plot:
    Tanaka Yukio, better known by his nickname Koyuki is a 14 year old who feels disconnected from life in general. Through the act of saving a mismatched dog, he meets guitarist Minami Ryuusuke, and becomes involved in Ryuusuke`s new band BECK. Koyuki`s life starts to change as the band struggles towards fame.

Story (9/10):
    Finally, something different than usual stories; a story related to the young rock bands in Japan and their breaking through to the top. ^_^
    It has a nice development. It can be classified as a dramatic one, although, it isn’t really so dramatic overall (just at some points).
    Personally, I liked it ^^ Especially it’s interesting to see a rock band with a hip-hop oriented singer xD
    Eh, yeah … there are also some funny scenes …

Animation (8.5/10):
    Hm, no big eyes, no shiny hairstyles xD. Its art is quite simple, but still good ^_^ The chars are well drawn, the scenery is better, but the best are the guitars. While watching it, you can notice a bit of 3D computer graphic, especially around the guitars, which btw, are really well drawn.
    The only thing that bothered me is that the animation (mouth moving) didn’t really follow the chars talking from time to time, especially when singing. Also … sometime you may also notice a flaw in synchronization with the song and guitars playing, nonetheless it’s still great.

Music/Voice acting (9/10):
    Finally, improved Engrish … although … you still hear it xD
    Yeah … there are quite a lot of English conversations in this anime, sometimes also an English-Japanese mix, that was quite funny to hear xD (The Main char – Koyuki still sings in Engrish xD)
    Other than that, the char voices are well chosen.

The OST is also quite good, they included a lot of rock music, as also some other styles (some pop and also rap).

Characters (8/10):
    Among all the chars the most interesting is Koyuki, the one that develops the most during the series. At the start he was a loser who didn’t really know what to do in his life. He didn’t realize his talents. He’s really good at singing, and also at playing the guitar later in the series. A hard working one, tho a bit coward.
    The other chars are also unique their way. Like Chiba with his funny faces, or Ryuusuke being sarcastic in his own way from time to time xD

Overall (9/10):
    That was a good anime, something different than usual, I suggest it to anyone that kinda likes a bit dramatic and rock oriented animes. I was kinda touched by it ^_^;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20060329193342.jpg‎
Views:	229
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	9885   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20060329193619.jpg‎
Views:	213
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	9886   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20060329193924.jpg‎
Views:	201
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	9887   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20060329194333.jpg‎
Views:	228
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	9888   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20060330223105.jpg‎
Views:	198
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	9889  

Last edited by wizz-o-matic; 03-31-2006 at 11:30 AM.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Story: (9/10) I first watched this when the 4th episode aired. I was not that impressed at first, but I changed my mind quickly. It is a great coming-of-age story, that was put together well. There are many music-based anime out there, but this one definatly takes the cake.

Art/Animation: (9/10) The animation was smooth, and the art style was simple. It went together great. Although there were a few parts which had some proportion-difficulties, it was well done. Not the best around, but still well done.

Music/Audio: (9/10) Considering that the Beat Crusaders, one of my favorite jrock bands, did the opening, it caught my attention. I liked all the music in it, despite the engrish. It all sounded great, and the meanings of each song were understandable. The voice acting was good as well, but the engrish sounded rather emotionless.
    I also like that there were two OSTs: Beck and Keith. Beck containing the music as it was done by the voice-actors for the show, and Keith, having the original songs by the original artists.

Characters: (8.5/10) Definatly a strong point of the series. There is a lot of development of individual characters, and the relationships between characters throughout the series, happening at a quick pace. Koyuki is a great example of the level of development a character should have in an anime. Although, I was rather disappointed at the semi-cliffhanger-relationship of Koyuki and Maho.

Overall: (9/10) A great series for those who like series with a little something to it that just gets you into it. It tends to pull you into it, and gets you hooked quickly.
    Last edited by wizz-o-matic; 04-01-2006 at 04:46 AM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    Threads

Story: (9/10) I really love it. They were some underground band and they became big and famous. I really dig the band too. I do wish that

Eddie didn't get shot.

Art/Animation: (8/10) I was a bit disappointed when I saw the manga, but when I saw the anime, my opinion went 180 degrees. Like Xero said, some proportionality problems.

Music/Audio: (10/10) I like the way it goes rock and rap. So cool. I really love it when Koyuki sings. Even though at first, when I heard the first OST, I couldn't understand anything untill I read the lyrics, I love the melody.

"I was made to hit in America..."

Characters: (10/10) They're perfect. Even though sometimes they aren't working as a team, but they're great. I, personally, admire Ryuusuke/Ray even though he's a drinker. He thinks that the band is the most important thing in his life. But still, the best is Koyuki, a wimp who became admired by everyone. And Taira... he's hot! XD

Overall: (9.5/10) A great anime, with a great story. Whoever watches/read this will get addicted really fast.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information