[TV series] Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Season 1 ~ 25 episodes
Season 2 ~ October 2008
Genre: Mecha, Action, Sci-fi, Drama.
Plot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00
The series is set in the years 2307-2308 AD of the Gregorian calendar. During this time, fossil fuels became exhausted and the distribution of fuels became imbalanced. Humanity must rely on an array of solar power generation systems orbiting the Earth, and supported by three orbital elevators, each one pertaining to one of the three "major powers" on the planet.

The Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations (世界経済連合, sekaikeizairengō?, abbrev. ユニオン Union, lit. World Economic Union), consisting of the Organization of American States, Australasia and Japan, control the elevator located in South America. The Human Reform League (人類革新連盟, Jinrui Kakushin Renmei?, abbrev. 人革連 Jinkakuren, lit. Human Reform Alliance), consisting of China, Siberian Russia, India, the nations of South Asia (excluding the middle-Asian states of Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan), Mongolia, the member states of the ASEAN, Papua New Guinea, the Korean Peninsula, and Taiwan, control the elevator located in the Pacific Ocean. The Advanced European Union (AEU), consisting of Iceland, the islands of the Barents Sea, Greenland, Anatolia, European Russia and the entirety of the traditional continent of Europe, control an elevator built in the middle of the African continent.
GN-001 Gundam ExiaWith this infinite source of energy benefiting only the major powers and their allies, constant warfare erupts around the globe for fuels and energy. The nations that rely on fuel have plunged into poverty. Many believed that solar energy threatened the "promised land of God". The chaos lead to the formation of a private military organization, called Celestial Being (ソレスタルビーイング, Soresutaru Biiingu?), dedicated to eradicating war and uniting humanity with the use of four humanoid machines called Gundams.[4][5]
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 follows four mobile suit pilots termed Gundam Meisters ( ガンダムマイスター, Gandamu Maisutā?), sided with Celestial Being. The protagonist is 16-year old Setsuna F. Seiei (刹那・F・セイエイ, Setsuna F. Seiei?), a quiet, taciturn young man who grew up in the Kurdish Republic, and a Gundam Meister for two years. He pilots the GN-001 Gundam Exia, a high mobility mobile suit effective in melee combat.[7][8]

Story: 8/10
The story was good at worst and the plot is likeable. The only thing that lets Gundam 00 down is its unoriginality. when i was watching the first few episodes i couldn't help but feel that i had seen all this before in the older gundams. Lucky for 'Sunrise' the plot has worked for them before and its worked for them again in my opinion.

Character: 8.5/10 (small spoiler)
The charaters in Gundam 00 are well constructed, you get close to some of the charaters very early in the first episodes of season 1 but the killing of some of the main charictors in the second episode was a bit harsh and i would of liked to have seen them stay for a bit longer. But for the characters who are still alive at the end of season 1 they are great

Animation: 10/10
Being the first ever gundam series to be animated in animated in high-definition. one would have high expectations for quality animation. you would assume right the animation quality in nothing short of amazing.

Sound/Music: 9/10
Gundam is famous for its chart topping tunes and i think gundam 00 has good Opening video (compared to its ancestors) and a good Ending theme. The general Theme music is very well suited to the action packed fight scenes.

Overall: 9.5/10
Gundam 00 in a whole is a worthy offspring of the huge gundam Enterprise and i wish it luck in the second season.