AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Digimon - please read~

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    ainotenshi is on a distinguished road ainotenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2009 11:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Digimon - please read~

I couldn't find proper forum section for this, so I will post this in here...

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/digimon

This site is pretty jumbled-up...
    Please don't get me wrong... What I mean is... There are so many songs in there... And I really think that seasons should have their own sites. Putting all japanese seasons' songs together with american dub, on SAME page is really non-aestethic

I think that it would be great if seasons would be separated:

Digimon (US Dub)
    Digimon Adventure (correct name for "Digimon 01")
    Digimon Adventure 02 (correct name for "Digimon 02")
    Digimon Frontier
    Digimon Savers
    Digimon Tamers

==> this would be much better, since most of the seasons have LOTS of songs, so they should have their own page. Since they all start with word "Digimon", none of the season would be hard to find at all... This would make Digimon songs system MUCH more organized, and people could track down the songs alot easier (no more massive scrolling up-down ;D). And yeah, the names of 2 seasons should be corrected, as I mentioned above. I guess this would take some time to be done, but I'd really really appreciate if you'd manage to separate the seasons, for better managing.

I know you're really busy with everything, I know that, and I really appreciate all your work

Oh well, gonna wait for some replies in here then
    Anyone feel free to give your opinion on this ^^

In case this would take much more work than I thought (having to readjust credits for each song, and alot of relinking), then please disregard this thread. I don't want anyone to do a monstrous amount of work ~~ xD
    Last edited by ainotenshi; 03-09-2008 at 09:51 AM.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

What I think was that those sections were made when the series was still ongoing, nobody ever thought it was gonna stretch into different seasons like that.

For series division, I'm really working my head round it. If you see for Yugioh I just put YGO, YGODM and YGOGX all in one section. (Sure, strictly speaking YGOGX is a different thing... perhaps I should change this one also) I -think- it would also be right for me to put MMPP and MMPPP together. I didn't do so for PreCure... geh this is lame. What I meant was that series that have the same characters and continuing plot could be grouped in one.

Yes it's a monstrous amount of work, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't do it. It's just such a relief that I knew anison.info, without it I wouldn't be able to do my job properly.

...so that you know where you can find me

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hmmm. About Pretty Cure:

seasons:

Futari wa Pretty Cure
    Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart
    (these 2 seasons have same characters)
    Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star
    (characters in here only appear in this season, even though they look like
    some characters from 1st 2 seasons)
    Yes! Precure 5
    Yes! Precure 5 Go Go!
    (these 2 seasons have same characters, tha latter season has started airing
    just "recently")

It you'd put first 2 seasons together, leave 3 on it's own, and put last 2 together, it would be.... bleh.. wouldn't make much sense >>

If you'd put all 5 seasons together under one name, people would probably have hard time finding it as well, 'cause names differ~~

If all 5 seasons are on their own, there are no large scroll-ups or scroll-downs, and each season is unique.

This can't be applied to all animes, however...
    An example of such anime is Pocket Monsters... it now has like... 10 seasons or more... but the plot is ongoing between each 2 seasons..

Though, if a division would be made, it would be made as:
    Pocket Monsters
    Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation
    Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl

But then again.... no real need for it..?

Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure uses most of the songs from Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, so maybe dividing in here wouldn't be that great...
    But it could be done...

About Yu-Gi-Oh!

there are .... 3 seasons... they are DIFFER alot

They should probably be divided like
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX

Galaxy Angel has 5 seasons, but 4 make the first session, and 5th is on it's own (that's already like that on the site).

Digital Monsters seasons have each ALOT-LOT-LOT songs, so that's the best candidate for separation, but also the most work, ---...

It's all up to admins, and I don't want to be a slave-driver of any kind :x

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

It's really a case of having made the section when the thing's ongoing, and also some of us aren't too familiar with the anime itself.

We need to draw a line for this. Since the site doesn't do subcategories, it is perhaps a good choice to just split series that is as you say have different characters and settings, most of the time.

We will not split a series that also has movie version and OVA version with TV.

Ahh another "section" of my work... and I just started the second half of my semester -_-;

Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan has a reputation beyond repute Rizuchan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Clannad Botan Snowman Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2020 10:22 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rizuchan01 PSN ID: rizuchan01 Steam ID: rizuchan

The other problem with Digimon songs is that there are a lot of songs that have characters from multiple seasons singing (Yuuki wo Uketsugu Kodomotachi e comes to mind as problematic) And the Girl's Festival album, for example, has characters that are in Adventure and Adventure 02 but the songs aren't really clear whether they're their Adventure selves or Adventure 02 selves.
    I suppose they're already filed under different seasons by the people that submitted them but I'd be afraid that splitting them up into different pages would make songs like that difficult to find (And more prone to having someone else submit them to a different section).
    Last edited by Rizuchan; 03-09-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hmm I see.. I guess it would then be the best not to split them after all...

Oh btw...
    Could you still please rename the first 2 seasons?
    Digimon 01 ~ Digimon Adventure
    Digimon 02 ~ Digimon Adventure 02

(don't get me wrong, but it makes me sad/mad seeing the wrong names )

And also, Digimon Adventure 02 songs viewed with 1024x768 resolution seem stretched and jumbled a bit... why?
    The reason is this one song's name that's tooooo long:

Stand By Me~Hito Natsu no Bouken~ A Day in the Boy's Life Version~Promised Land

Way too long.
    First of all, it's just a shortened version of Stand by Me ~Hito Natsu no Bouken~

So.... there isn't real point for keeping the first one (the remix), because many songs have remixes, and often, some parts get omited and/or prolongued....

In case you really want to keep it for some reason O_o, then could you please break the song's name into 2 lines, or just put:
    "Stand by Me ~Hito Natsu no Bouken~ (remix)" ?
    Because just look how that name stretched the "song name" category...
    "description" category doesn't have it's neccesary space. Therefor, eveyrthing looks weird and messed up...

Only this season had that problem, really...

(Oh, also, is there a way to separate Digimon DUB from original japanese digimon?)

the dub could be called "Digimon", and the japanese version could be called "Digital Monster" , that's the real name... (when the title for 1st season appears, written in katakana, "DIGITAL MONSTER", written in latin alphabet sways in the background...)

Dub and original for Digimon series are... way too different...
    Last edited by ainotenshi; 03-10-2008 at 04:03 AM.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

hm, I actually have both Stand By Me versions, one was a single version, the other I dunno where. It's easy to look it up anyway.

Yeah I guess we should split the Digimon dub since we do it for Pokemon.

did you know I have to go edit every song for this, since there's no "rename album/collection" option?
    Last edited by AzureDark; 03-10-2008 at 10:07 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Aww omg T__T
    That sucks... I shouldn't have suggested this in first place... I don't want to ask for "impossible" or "over-hard" things... It's easy to ask for something, but I guess it's really hard to actually do such huge change (especially since it has to do with programming, and not to mention all other real life and internet issues). Oh well, I guess the most important thing is that the lyrics work fine

Oh well, anyway.. Thank you for separating ^^ and for everything else~
    Last edited by ainotenshi; 03-11-2008 at 03:30 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information