AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Rate this anime

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll

6 26.09%

4 17.39%

5 21.74%

3 13.04%

1 4.35%

3 13.04%

1 4.35%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV Series] Pokémon

Senior Member Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+ has a reputation beyond repute Tayuya+'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2008 05:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default [TV Series] Pokémon

Type: TV Series
    Genre: Action/adventure

Plot Synopsis: The anime revolves around Ash Ketchum (Jap.: Satoshi), a young boy on a journey to become the greatest Pokémon master ever. His first Pokémon is a Pikachu, a small electric mouse Pokémon. Throughout the seasons, Ash makes many friends, fellow Pokémon trainers: Misty (Kasumi), Brock (Takeshi), May (Haruka), and Dawn (Hikari).

Story: 7/10

The whole Pokémon master thing is pretty cool, but there's not too much of a continuing storyline. It seems to be more like a typical American TV show, where there are mini synopsises throughout the series instead of a long-running plot. Ash becoming a master is sort of a long running plot, but something more detailed would be better.

Characters: 9/10

So diverse! The one thing I don't like is that they gave them all American names. I mean, I realize the anime is somewhat geared towards little kids, and little kids would have a tough time pronouncing names like Takeshi and Satoshi. I always prefer original names, though.

Art/Animation: 10/10

The art is so cute! Well animated (espeically considering the series started in 1998), well drawn, and all around good.

Voice Acting/Music: 5/10

You know, I kind of hate some of the voices in this anime... Ash's voice is nice, so is Misty's. Brock's was cool until around the Diamond/Pearl era when he sounded like he had awkwardly and suddenly gone through puberty. Dawn's just... sucked, and May's sucked too, just not as hard.
    The voice I love? Pikachu. They kept his original Japanese voice ^_^ I like some of the music. The only theme song I liked was the very first one (I wanna be the very best, like no one ever waaas... DUN DUN DUN).

Conclusion: 8/10

One of my fave anime! Good for pretty much any age, I know fans from ages 5 to 35. Even my dad kind of likes it xD I've been a fan since around age 5, and still am at thirteen <3

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Story: (3/10)
    Pokemon was, along with many others, one of the the first animes that gave you the 'I must collect this and be all supreme' ideal. And, it was the 3rd anime I ever spent a majority of my days watching. Looking back, I will take a look at the story, and I now realize that there wasnt one. Pokemon really never developed into much, but instead when it appeared as though it was coming to a close, it added some 100 more Pokemon and unlocked a whole new area to explore, thus extending the story. This meant that it could continue pretty much eternally, which I believe is the overall design goal.

Characters: (5/10)
    The characters are the one thing I really remember, mostly because they stayed the same. They never really developed at all, unless you are counting every Pokemon that was caught, became cute, cuddly, and memorable. Pikachu being the epitome for this. Though the team of trainers usually always stayed the same number, and they would meet other people, those people would never really ever be seen again unless the main characters ever took time to have a flashback. Though you really have to admire a dream.

Art/Animation: (7/10)
    This is where Pokemon makes a stand. The art requires that Pokemon actually battle one another, which is good. Combinations of really powerful blasts of every element you could think of with cute little animals using them made for a very interesting plot system. Although I never did appeal too the idea of throwing rock size, rock hard, rock shaped, painted balls at animals.

Voice Acting: (5/10)
    Piakchu is adorable. And it works. The other characters are there, but they do not exactly appear to do much but collect the cutest creatures they can find, carry them around, and battle. Nothing really about the human characters that would stand out of the ordinary. Which is why the Pokemon themselves are really what make it interesting.

Overall: (4/10)
    Pokemon to me growing up was one of those things that you felt was your world, and it was all you thought about while at school. Now that I look at it, with the amount of games, toys, cards, and other collectibles out, Pokemon as an anime does not seem so much as an anime as it does a very large, very long commercial for you to but its products. It does have it moments of glory with all the combat involved, but thats about it.

What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 05:11 AM
    Threads

Story: 7/10
    The original idea of pokemon is fantastic! I've loved this show since forever. Which means it's suitable for kids, however this means that some episodes get pretty repetitive with the whole "team rocket blasting off again!" thing. But it makes the show memorable and that's always a good thing.

Characters: 9/10
    Ash- everyone wanted to be his best friend. Misty- she showed the true meaning of 'girl power'. Brock-...well who knows? And then there's the 50 bizillion slightly-creepy-but-still-cute friends they have. Pikachu is a more popular mouse than Mickey and that's saying something.

Art/Animation: 9/10
    Character design is great! All the different pokemon are adorable and I have no problems with those. However, looking back at the original animation and comparing it to what it's like now that's where I mark it down one. I know it was the nineties- but still.

Voices/Sound: 10/10
    What would pokemon be without the "pika!" and the theme tune that inspired so many people to be the best pokemon trainer EVER! Perfection if you ask me.

Overall: 9/10
    Pokemon is the closest thing to brainwashing the entire world as you can get so that must mean there's a reason that people like it.

Senior Member Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen has a reputation beyond repute Aznen's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Bleach Kon
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Threads

Default Re: [TV Series] Pokémon

Story: 6/10
    Its really nice, I might have given it more if I have'nt watch other anime..

Characters: 8/10

Art/Animation: 7/10
    It could be better..

Voices/Sound: 8/10
    I've seen it dubbed in hindi..so..

Overall: 9/10
    It has its reputation in anime world..

UnExpected....

Junior Member die for anime is on a distinguished road die for anime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2014 02:40 AM
    Threads

I started watching Pokemon again from where I left off - I'm very familiar with the first 150 but I want to meet all the new ones now that there atre like 658 or whatever. There were maybe like 3 new species in the Orange Islands series. I'm starting the Johto episodes now - will I start meeting the new species? Should I keep watching? Or should I skip forward to a different series?

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sorry, this series fell off a long time ago.
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Spiderman
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2014 08:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: wboon

I used to enjoy Pokemon (despite preferring Digimon), till Season 2 came along and things kinda got boring for me. I thought things would pick up around Season 3 or so, but they never did, so I dropped it there and then and never looked back ever again.

Nevertheless, I could still enjoy the hype and nostalgia that come with the franchise. I mean, as repetitive as the storyline was, you've got to admit, they have some serious theme songs! Until Advanced Battle, anyway. Advanced Challenge had a wicked theme song for the modern generation. "EVERY TRAINER HAS A CHOICE... TO LISTEN TO THE VOICE INSIDE! DEN DEN!"
    My Anime List
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/OminousFlare

Currently Reading Fate/Stay Night, on the Route of...

I am the bone of my sword
    Steel is my body and fire is my blood
    I have created over a thousand blades
    Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything
    So as I pray, unlimited blade works

Junior Member AstralShino is on a distinguished road AstralShino's Avatar
    Gil
    Approved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2014 06:06 AM
    Threads

The earlier seasons though nostalgic but it was poorly made. The battles were not well animated and so on. The characters were good apart from never growing up after like moving to at least 5 regions. It has a large fanbase so everyone expected more from the series but it was sort of a let down. The new series XY has stepped up in terms of battle mechanics and animation and storyline. You can see the changes, like talking about abilities such as pikachu having static that thing kinda started a bit earlier in black & white. Some of the reasons why they were bad at first was because of the budget and stuff but really now. Since black & white came out and people saw the promotional video, everyone was mindblown at how good it is, and they wanted the tv series to be just like it. In my opinion the the Movies were a whole lot better than the TV series.

Senior Member Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare has a reputation beyond repute Ominous Flare's Avatar
    Gil
    Depressed
    Gifts Spiderman
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2014 08:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: wboon

Quote Originally Posted by AstralShino View Post
    Wow. I'm sorry, maybe it's just me not being used to American dub voices but... those voices sounded really awkward compared to the ones in the old Pokemon seasons, and probably even those in some of the not-so-old 'Advanced' seasons too. I mean, "Hey, heads up, I'm about to unleash my rage"? That kind of dialogue was almost as bad as the ones found in Digimon Xro Wars (which I hated, btw; not sure what the hell they're doing with Digimon nowadays).

The story seems okay for a promo trailer; the actual product is probably as good as you sell it, especially the original Japanese version. Maybe I'll check out Pokemon XY's promo video in the future if I have the time.
    My Anime List
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/OminousFlare

Currently Reading Fate/Stay Night, on the Route of...

I am the bone of my sword
    Steel is my body and fire is my blood
    I have created over a thousand blades
    Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything
    So as I pray, unlimited blade works

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information