AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suicide: Attention Seeker or Cry For Help?

Forsaken Beer Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Beer Beer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 09:39 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Well actually it depends on the person and his/her beliefs.Some sure ask for attention if they are lonely.Since they are usually neglected and had tough things to handle in life.While some simply can't hold out anymore and simply brake and their mind becomes like soup.So they just jump,explode,stab,cut,disintegrate them selfs.:] While there are people who commit suicide for their cause like the terrorists or some sects believe that suicide is the only salvation from eternal damnation.Lol salvation-damnation rhymes lol.Uhh ooops never mind that one just read the above.
    My job?Well being drunk.
    What do I do in my free time?In my free time I'm being drunk.
    Favorite place?The bar.
    Favorite drink?Heineken ftw!
    I don't brawl but be careful I might bite...

Was called Forsaken One once...

AF's Danish Guy Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061 has a reputation beyond repute Inactive Account 0061's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Spinning Beach Ball Doom Gir Be Mine
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2013 06:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've tried to commit suicde before(but failed ofc).. and it wasn't because i wanted attention.
    It was because my best female friend died of cancer and i didn't have anything to live for anymore. And i had a big depression and then when i heard my female friend died i just couldn't take it anymore.....
    Last edited by Inactive Account 0061; 04-12-2008 at 05:00 PM.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Sometimes i'd just say it's attention. We had this kid who threatened to do it if his gf broke up with him. [no one likes either.. so we were like UGH get over it]

But I've known friends who lost their friends that way for REAL problems.. so.. yeah. :\

I'd say it just depends on the person

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler has a reputation beyond repute Midnight Rambler's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2008 02:39 PM
    Threads

My personal experience is that people who talk about suicide need help. But the one person I've known that committed suicide said nothing to anyone about it. He was about 21 and his first love had dumped him. For 2-3 months he was obviously depressed but seemed to be trying to work through things rather than dwelling on the fact that he was unbearably lonely. Then one day he left work as normal, went home and hung himself in his closet...

Through friends I've learned of other suicides and in each case the person never revealed to anyone what they were thinking about. Still, if someone threatens suicide I don't think they should simply be dismissed as craving attention. They are obviously very depressed and in need of understanding, so I think the best thing is to try to help them and make them realize that, no matter how bad things seem now, they always get better. The sun will rise tomorrow...

Senior Member Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat has a reputation beyond repute Dogmat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2010 12:06 AM
    Threads

From my personal experience, it's a combination of both. I felt suicidal because I felt useless and ignored. But also it's a cry for help to get the attention and comfort of others.

Senior Member Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2008 05:16 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by XxTaintedxX View Post
    What do you think?
    Do you think Suicide or threatening to kill yourself is asking for attention
    or because you can't take it anymore?
    The pressure of life or just because your lonely?

I think people can be stressed out and can't handle the pressure and cruelty of life...
    You also can't say that someone can be a poser when they can have their own amount or type of pressure that they can't handle...
    Everyone reacts differently, thinks differently, and yet still all the same...

So what do you think??
    It can be both. Some people will threaten suicide or attempt it in order to attract attention to themselves.

Other times, it is an actual and desperate call for help- one that can be deadly if unanswered.

Here at the place where our love reached it's climax, I leave behind a broken heart torn to pieces by fate.

Merry Christmas.

Senior Member gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5 has a reputation beyond repute gangman5's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2008 09:25 PM
    Threads

i think that suicide is a cry for help. if someone is suffering and has no one else to turn to, they might think that no one wants them around and decide the world is better without them, then they attempt suicide.

most people who have attempted suicide are just lonely

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2016 06:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Dr. M.D. M.P. Eris View Post
    Depends on circumstances:

"If you don't X, I'm gonna kill myself!" -- Emotional blackmail. Subject is not really going to kill themselves, unless they suffer from severe ADHD or other severe inhibitions to their impulse control that might drive them to make a point by killing themselves without thinking it through.
    "Life is darkness, existence is meaningless." -- Emo. Subject is seeking attention. The tell is the flamboyant use of clichés surrounding depression. That, or subject is a flamboyant depressed person seeking help.
    "Because of X, my life is forfeit, all I've got left is pain" -- Subject may be seeking help. Or may be a thespian Emo seeking attention. Hard to tell.
    The best way to find out is wait and see what happens.

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

I lol @ the people who kill themselves for attention.

Hope they are happy with their newly acquired attention.
    ████████████

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by XxTaintedxX View Post
    What do you think?
    Do you think Suicide or threatening to kill yourself is asking for attention
    or because you can't take it anymore?
    The pressure of life or just because your lonely?

I think people can be stressed out and can't handle the pressure and cruelty of life...
    You also can't say that someone can be a poser when they can have their own amount or type of pressure that they can't handle...
    Everyone reacts differently, thinks differently, and yet still all the same...

So what do you think??
    NEVER TAKE A SUICIDE NOTE AS A JOKE!!!!!
    that is all I have to say to start.
    Ok, there this girl who announce she was going to kill herself on a tuesday on myspace, YEP, and on a saturday she was dead (I am not inventing this) NO ONE but NO ONE paid attention to what she had to say and therefore when she was already dead, people were leaving messages on her myspace....and tell me what for.....I do not get it..what is the whole point to leave messages on a dead persons page..when you did not hear the cry for help, the cry for attention. This so called friends she had......THEY HAD four days to contact this girl to talk to her...to see what was happening...did anybody do that...NOPE...they all ignore it, just because she seemed happy. Heck, I smile all the time because I got no choice, there is no point for me to frown even if my legs give up on me and my head is bleeding to the point of total darkness... (maybe that is why they think I am creepy) Anyways, one of my friends was friend with this girl, and she called me to tell me that she died and killed herself...and I told her....WOW and you call yourself a friend. I know If I knew this girl, I would try to stop it or at least give her ideas...hahahha because when you talk to a person who wants to kill themselves and agree with them and talk aloud...most of the time they are going to react since they are hearing it from some one else, the idea sounds more crazy out of their heads that inside..... just like a dream, makes sense while happening but once you wake up...you are like "what the hell, bunnies had wings and I was talking with a cat who was my brother"

This is my thought, suicide attemps are a cry for attention and for help...both together. This is serious, I known lots of people has killed themselves on a bad day, and yes I can say it was a bad day. I suffer from depression and I do not remember the day I was not thinking of how I will die, how I can die, what will be the fastest way to go...and etc.. In my case I will not commit suicide because for me it is pointless since I will die either way, though pain is suffocating...

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Junior Member chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox has much to be proud of chibifox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2008 01:18 AM
    Threads

I think it could be both it depends on the person. Personally I tend to take someone seriously unless they show otherwise that they are only trying to get attention.

¤Ultimate Fear Inducer¤ Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2009 06:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it could be either one. I think most suicide threats now in modern days come from attention-seekers, but there's some people left who have decent reasons that would make them want to kill themselves. Honestly, I see suicide in general as one of the dumbest decisions one can make in life. No offense to anyone of course.
    Last edited by Perpetual Specter; 04-13-2008 at 06:52 PM.

All About POWAH! Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson has a reputation beyond repute Wilson's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2011 10:24 AM
    Threads

I think the ones who really, truly, mean to do it get it done, or get caught trying and maybe helped in time. However, if I had a friend who came to me and honestly asked me for help because they were considering it, I don't see that as attention seeking. It's the ones who broadcast their previous and/or up-and-coming attempts all over the place that I have no patience for....

That said, I'm sure allot of people who HAVE committed suicide were accidents, they may have kind have been expecting that someone or something would stop them in time, or that it wouldn't really work...you can be trying to get attention with a fake attempt and end up really dead, so it's a dangerous game to be playing....

Dom Vodka The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom is infamous around these parts The Dom's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2008 10:10 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 13233432

I dunno. Its touchy issue. Depends on who it is. If it is some person who wears all this black crap, and does ther hair all freakish and writes death poety, they want attention. People like you and me, that look normal and seem normal to friends, are the ones who are serious. If one of yur best freinds that is normal comes up to you and talks about it, they need your help and support. But if one of your crazy freinds comes over to you and like five other people, thats attention seeking. But hey. Your call.
    Me and my freinds drank all the pepsi now we jut sell'in the coke.....
    Yo, chek out my page.

http://s3.gladiatus.us/game/*************40403

Senior Member cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22 has a reputation beyond repute cyborgmonkey22's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2008 10:55 AM
    Threads

i think it can be for both. it depends on the person and their personality. some may use it to blackmail while others may be serious. either way you can't let it happen. if i found out one of my friends(well if i had any) wanted to commit suicide i would get them help right away. i wouldn't care if they asked me not to because if i didn't try to help them at all and they did kill themselves it would be like i was the one who killed them. there's better and easier ways(much, much easier ways) to solve your problems. besides they would still have something to live for. if they feel they need to "be put out of their miseries" i'd remind them that things can be solved much easier and that the misery would only last as long as you didn't try to resolve the conflict. the only time you should put someone out of their miseries if they're already in a vegetative state. and if that was the case then they would have already been through enough damage to make them like that. even then only do it if there's no chance of them recovering, otherwise help them in any way you can.
    Proud Founder of Kentucky Fried Chocobo®

Sims Sadist Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon has a reputation beyond repute Digital Dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Wolf Kunai Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2019 12:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You definitely have to take it seriously, but there are different ways of dealing with it based on the person, which is where personalities come into the issue.
    "You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same, the gods laugh and celebrate the differences."

AF's Resident Jerk Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys has a reputation beyond repute Nephthys's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Coke Candlejack Bullets
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2021 10:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Nephthys1

i do what anybody who has a devil may care attitude would do about it. i dont care, if you wanna put your friends and family throught that because she dont wanna deal with life. well to each his own man.

Senior Member Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2008 10:46 PM
    Threads

Greatly depends on individual circumstances.

I definitely believe that the astounding majority of people, especially young adults, that attempt suicide are genuinely confused or damaged individuals who feel their lives are, for whatever reason, not worth living. I highly doubt that the majority of people who sincerely attempt suicide mean it as nothing more than an act to acquire attention. Which isn't to say there aren't individuals who perform gaudy but half-baked suicidal gestures that are primarily intended to force friends and family around them to take notice.

It should probably be noted, however, that the astounding majority of suicide attempts (around 90-98%) 'fail.' It should also be noted that suicide rates among the young (age 15-24) per capita have traditionally been low, and that suicide is still predominantly an act associated with the elderly (age 65+), at least statistically. The elderly also have the lowest suicide attempt rates per suicide, which might imply that their younger counterparts either don't know the best way to go about it or are purposefully making shallow suicide attempts. Though it isn't really my place to make a judgment on that.

Either way, anyone who has spoken of suicide with the seemingly genuine intent of carrying it out should probably be taken seriously and referred to a professional. It's estimated that a good deal (70%, though I'm quoting that from memory) of people who die by suicide also have major depressive disorder or dysthymia, which are both treatable forms of depression.

Oh, and here's where I got my information from:
    http://www.suicidology.org/associati...GOLDNATION.pdf
    http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html
    http://www.healthyplace.com/communit.../suicide_8.asp
    http://www.allaboutdepression.com/gen_04.html
    http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publi...evention.shtml

on Detonation Boulevard Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Beer Xmas Bear2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2022 03:03 AM
    Threads

Someone I knew died this weekend. Dedicating this post to them.

Suicide is neither a cry for help or to seek attention. A) How can you get the help your crying for IF you're dead? B) You cannot enjoy the attention you so "seeked" if you're no longer around.

How people live, react, think, act is all based on emotions. Their decision to kill themselves usually doesn't involve input or anything from anyone, what they do is THEIR choice and obviously they think it's the best one. Why should they be frowned upon and called selfish for their final reaction?

Blessed By The Saint The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch has a reputation beyond repute The Monarch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2009 12:50 AM
    Threads

" I'm going to kill myself! Nobody is talking to me in Myspace!! " That'd just be LoL.

Commiting Suicide is stupid, Even IF your friends died, make new ones? Don't make friends at all? Being depressed about it isn't going to help you. It's just going to made your dead friends sad if you don't get over it.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

EDIT: Uh oh, someone de-repped me and they didn't even show their name, Cowardly carrots.
    Last edited by The Monarch; 04-13-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Blessed By The Saint TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:56 PM
    Threads

Default Suicide threats

In my opinion, anyone who talks about suicide or wants to die needs help of some kind depending on the cause. My mother threatened suicide a lot while my sister and I were growing up and still does on occasion. This has gone on for over 20 years at least that I can remember. We got blamed for it as well. So in her case, I felt she was always trying to get attention. I love my Mom very much, however threatening to kill oneself for attention is sad and serious. When I tried to get her help, I was ostracized. My father refused to call the cops each and every time she tried. This included threatening to stab herself with a knife and trying to down pills. Oh, and the most interesting time was when she was laughing and taking pills then called the Poison Control center. She needed help though and was crying out. Whether she really wanted to die or not who knows. However, aside from this awful ongoing soap opera...there is another side to the coin.
    Men especially are statistically are more finalistic in their choice of suicide and succeed in a bad way by actually ending their lives. Women try to kill themselves a lot but do not have as high of a mortality rate because of their choice of self harm. Passive suicidal ideation is another thing in itself. This can mean one thinks of suicide a lot because of illness, depression. etc...but has not tried to harm themselves. They may or may not talk about it with anyone, but can still benefit from therapy and medication if necessary. Here in Michigan, many young and older adults have been commiting suicide because of job loss, unemployment, and the inability to support their families. I know this because my father is the main supervisor for a large cemetery corporation. He has been seeing an increase in suicides over the past few years and spoken to family members regarding this. I for one am not one to judge how much one person may suffer compared to another. Until you walk in another person's shoes, you really cannot completely understand what it is like. Some people want to die because they are so very sick and in pain. It is harder to get help nowadays because of strict regulations for pain management and drug abuse by drug seeking patients. People who are very ill and in pain do not always think straight and are not in their right mind. I feel that there needs to be more attention directed towards all types of suicidal thoughts, attempts, etc...especially with the teen population, the chronically ill, and the elderly. In a way, it is always a cry for help. Then there are those who do not talk about it, give everything they own away...act happy, go on a spending spree and that is it. Isn't human euthanasia legal in Oregon? Is this a form of suicide? I pray that anyone going through anything like this gets the help they need.
    Peace

Banned Forum / Chat Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray has a reputation beyond repute Amray's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2008 12:08 PM
    Threads

Its just deppression, or if they feel they have nothing worth living for. If any of you feel this way then for Gods sake just buy an Xbox 360 with DOA4. That will give you something worth sticking around for. ^_^
    Fully - Fledged - Absolute - Hardcore ''Otaku''
    Just Like This 'Kawaii' Girl Here.[Izumi Konata]

Junior Member sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun has a reputation beyond repute sim_sun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2008 03:09 PM
    Threads

we can't make assumptions about why anyone does anything. It depends on each individual and the situation. Unless you've even been suicidal. I hope if you ever become depressed someday people around you don't think you are crying for attention. It doesn't feel very nice.
    *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
    "The mythical Roe is a beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion... but not the same lion."

Banned Forum / Chat Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy is infamous around these parts Chaos Proxy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2008 12:38 PM
    Threads

It always depends indeed..

But a human who is suicidal is weak, pathetic and should kill him/herself, that's how I see these whiners.
    Do they really think someone is going to give a damn about them on the internet? I don't think so.
    The breathing of the ancient ones are seldom felt
    I alone have torn their dreams apart.

Senior Member Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber has a reputation beyond repute Legend Saber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2008 10:46 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Proxy
    But a human who is suicidal is weak, pathetic and should kill him/herself, that's how I see these whiners.
    Or they've calmly and rationally come to the conclusion that they have accomplished everything they set out to do in life, and would prefer to be in control of when and where they die, rather than leaving it to nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Proxy
    Do they really think someone is going to give a damn about them on the internet? I don't think so.
    Since the only people who ever commit suicide complain about it on the Internet first. Obviously.

Closed Thread

Thread Information