AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: whoz ur fav narito char i lik orihima lolz

Senior Member Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara has a reputation beyond repute Kamara Sagara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2008 02:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Hm...it would be a bit boring if there was no one to contest the rules every now and then and post horrible spam that everyone loves to strike down. Sure it is annoying, but it adds an appreciation factor for all the legitimate and intelligent threads there are.

"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace."-Buddha

<U><FONT color=#acacff><a href="

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Here's a tissue to clean that brown away from your lips, Jose.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    2) Speaking of the Mobile Portal, I've pointed out in Site Issues/Questions(in a thread with 0 replies) that there's no report button on it. I've reported threads when I'm home, but I can't when I'm out. Believe me, I would use it if I could. I understand that as far as site issues go mobile functionality pretty much at the bottom of the list, but then don't imply I should use a function I don't have access to.

I don't complain about the so-called "pointless" topics, and in fact I believe you can find me stating this in previous posts. I don't mind them, because they're par for the course. I agree with you on that. I also agree that maybe it's time to tap more active members to mod Miscellaneous.
    1) I would venture a guess that the majority of the AF users do NOT use the mobile portal. So, there is not yet a strong demand for there to be a report post function to be included in the mobile portal. Consequently, there is no need to complain about it. Do not blame Kaitou or Cless or Bean. If the spammy and/or pointless threads annoy you that much, wait till you get home to report them. If what you say is correct, they will still be there in order for you to do so.

2) What you said about discrepancies between user common sense is by far the most intelligent thing you said in your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cless Alvein View Post
    Again, Misc. is the forum for threads that "don't belong", so complaining about the threads here is like complaining about people filling their swimming pool with water. Were you expecting something different? If a thread is genuinely in the wrong forum, we (re)move it. I wouldn't consider the frequency at which this happens to be out of control, though.

Trust me, we're always on the lookout for intelligent, responsible people who would enhance our team when we feel it is needed. And furthermore, if we were any stricter on moderating our content, this would be a thread about how we're horrible dictators who don't let people discuss what they want and we take pleasure in holding our power over everyones' heads, yadda yadda yadda. It's happened before, multiple times in fact. And the site is not run much differently now compared to previously. Ponder that one for a while.
    1)I don't much enjoy the pointless threads that don't seem to have any real purpose. Irrelvant ones are annoying but I can get over that. Having many times posted in the exact thread 2 or 3 times over the years, I already know what it will say. However, threads such is "people in need?really???", "has anybody banged their head on something?" and "werewolf vs vampire" should really not exist. And, there are plenty of threads currently sitting on the FIRST PAGE of misc that do not belong there at all. I really think that calls for more backup in misc.

2) I don't really agree with the methods the adminstrators use to find mods for the site, but it is their site and theirs to run to the ground. I would like to say this though: mods should have term limits and be up for "re-ellection" by the admins. A lot of the mods are not even active anymore (though I see that SOMEBODY finally took away Thornwillows modship).

Quote Originally Posted by Hatake Buruku View Post
    I think Cless put it well when he said "Welcome to the Internet" You're always going to get annoying threads, especially on a site with as much traffic as AF.
    That doesn't mean that we should just accept it and not try to, at the very least, alleviate the amount of "bad" threads that come and go in misc. We, as senior members, should lead by example and make threads that are worthwhile, which I see that you have in the last week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Bandit View Post
    I'm going to once again point something out, and elaborate a little more.

Yes Misc is lacking active mods. Their is no doubt of that.
    Are the staff aware of this? Yes.
    Have they been attempting to do things about this issue? Of course they have.
    Did they know this was a up and coming issue? Yes, because I told them about this months before it started to happen.
    Did they listen to me a long time ago? Yes, it is why LPS and Regex do more in Misc, to take up the slack.

We the Misc mods spent a few months working together going over all the users of the board at that time, and we selected inividuals who we thought would be fair, have common sense, would not hold grudges, or become power hungry and etc... We nominated 2 or 3 people to be a 4th mod. The Admins do not want 4 mods in any forum on the board. It is their board and their decisions. So we respect that. It is why LPS and Regex step into Misc to help out. Most users just do not know this.

And to once again mention soemthing Cless said above, and perhaps to clarify it a lil more, A post gets closed automotically after a certain time period. No that does not mean I go around closing posts. It means the message board itself does the closing for a inactive post. With the amount of new users who join here, they have not seen what was posted 3 weeks ago or even longer. Their object is to try to fit in, and we understand that. If we become rude to all the new people that come here, then they just will not hang around. It is not the intention of Misc to drive people away from this site. It is why some things are tollerated, that others cant understand.

The Misc forum has had the same rules for years, the only main rule to be added was like a year ago, and that was the rudeness rule. Users attempting to be rude or crude or what ever you wish to call it. It is our call not to put up with it.
    There are indeed more than 4 mods in 2 forums here: Fan Art (has such little traffic that I think 2 would be sufficient for all the subforums), and Dazzle Us (high traffic, but still there is an example fo 4). Neither of those forums are nearly as active as misc.

In short, more mods, smarter users.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    Well firstly a thread like this would be moved to anime general
    In sensible terms, yes we have had an influx on younger members to the site in recent times - with the added result that they are making many of the threads. I will say that the odd daft thread is fun - birds taking over the world!! - but too many and the novilty value runs thin.
    But to solve this there is only one way = us "more mature/smarter/older/longer" members must make new threads worthy of some form of discussion -- unfortunatly I can't think of any at the moment

anyone else got any ideas?

On a another line - I think it has been voiced before, but as two of the misc mods are no longer able to visit the forum on a regular basis due to commitments in life, and as Bean can only get on at one time (mostly) during the day -which leaves a large part of the day unmodded - I do feel that we need another mod for this section - if only for a tempary time - to help bean out with controling this rabble of nutters in here
    I would like to say that more mods does not mean smarter posters - it does not mean more threads will be removed/locked. It means one thing - it means that a thread which would in the end be locked is done so at an earlier time (from my point of view with timezones) than Bean alone. This is because of the limited access times that Bean can get on and because the other mods are otherwise engaged elsewhere.
    I also think that the first statment I made is about the only course of action that can be fairly taken in misc - you want smarter threads, make them. Bean raised the fact that many here are on their first forum and we must also remember that many are very young. Draconian moderation will not benefit these members and I think will not benefit the forum as a whole - I have seen draconian modding and it can work, but its a huge amount of work for the mods and this is on a site with a considerable older age group.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Closed Thread

Thread Information