AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sign Up: The Academy for Mages

Senior Member KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2008 01:29 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Sign Up: The Academy for Mages

*Approved By Mia-MOS*
    A. Title of the Role-play: RPG: The Academy for Mages

B. History of The Role-play

In this world technological advancements determine power and privilege. Because of science magic has faded into the background. If you were to say that magic was real you would be laughed at. The world had forgotten the power a great mage can wield. The people of this world had forgotten the importance of believing with your heart and letting your head follow.

There is though a great school located deep in the forests within Asia. A school where children from all over the world come to cultivate their skills, and challenge those “laws of physics”. These children are the descendants of the Great Mages Past. They are from the Great Families that have kept magic alive for generations. The school’s name is The Academy for Mages. It accepts students from the ages of 5-18. The school is mostly a highschool though. Here magic still thrives as students learn to control and master their gifts. The school is not only for mastering magic, but also for making alliances and meeting the next generation of powerful family heads. Because most of the students come from some sort of nobility they use their time at The Academy for Mages to make powerful friends that will help them when they return to the real world.

Here at the school the teachers may believe they are in control, but within the student body a time old council exists reining supreme. The council members are the five most powerful and intelligent mage students on campus. These five students also are known to have the most powerful lineages as well. It is believed that sometimes the teachers become jealous of the power the council has, and many wonder if one day they will destroy the council.

Every fifty years or so someone outside of the mages private society is found with magic. One such child was a little boy named Henry. His magic was a control over certain metals, and sadly he discovered his ability at a fancy banquet. His father you see was a renowned pilot and was receiving a medal from his government the United States of America.

The little boy was so excited and proud that his father was getting the award he accidentally called the medal to him. The metal flew to him happily from his father’s large hands to Henry’s tiny ones. Along with the medal tons of loose coins came around him swirling like cyclone. After such a display his father was ordered to turn over his son to the U.S.A. government. The pilot refused to turn Henry over and in the madness to get the child, poor Henry was killed within the week. The government did not let out about the death of the boy, but could not control talk of his abilities.

The world is in an uproar; countries are falling over themselves trying to get a hold of their own mages. Those countries governments turned on the mage families that resided within their borders. The governments started kidnapping and murdering people of the families.

Meanwhile their children were off at school attending classes and learning about the magic that lay in them and the world around them. Even with the ancient magical barrier protecting the school and keeping things out or in, the council received news about the disturbing fate of their families. They also knew that when the students found out about it they would demand to be let home to help their families. The council itself is also worried because some students are revolting from their control.

P.S. As an extra thing please don’t think the council is bad. They really are a good power, they do things for the good of the school aren’t cruel or hated. The council is loved and reveired.

EXTRA INFO ABOUT THE ACADAMY:

Dorms:

The dorms at the academy are all co-ed. You are placed in one of the five dorms based on your abilities. The five dorms surround the actual school building. They are in the shape of a five-pointed star.

Dorm of Mind:

This dorm is for the extremely intelligent students. Those whose magic increases their mind power and capacity to unimaginable levels. Here also reside the telepaths, telekinetic, and seers. The dorm has multiple libraries and a super powerful telescope. The students here are most likely to become authors, politicians, theorist, astronomers, professors, and/or powerful businessmen.

Dorm of Nature:

This dorm houses the people with abilities over the natural elements as well as people with abilities with animals. This dorm has the easiest access to the school menagerie (Zoo). Also most of the schools food and materials are made/grown here. Most students here become some sort of scientist or farmer.

Dorm of Craft:

In this dorm the artisans live as well as the techno paths. Here people with material magic such as that over woodworking, cooking, metals, etc… There are smithies and wood workshops throughout the dorm. This is by far the biggest dorm because these powers are the most common.

Dorm of Strength:

This dorm is where the athletic mages live and work. Surrounding this dorm are all different kinds of training fields and sports fields. There is also a huge gym attached to the dorm. The healers live here as well because of the major risk of injury these mages take.

Dorm of Yin & Yang

This dorm is for people with abilities over time, space, gravity, and Light/Dark. They are the historians and the true theorists of the school. They have a great mixture of buildings attached to their dorm do to the great rang of abilities. THIS IS THE SMALLEST DORM.

THE YING YANG DORM IS NOW CLOSED I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANYMORE CHARACTERS FOR THAT DORM.

C. Sample Character Sheet

Name:
    Occupation: (student, teacher, council member, government official)
    Residence: (dorm, or which country you work for/live in.)
    Ability: (What makes you qualified for a certain government position. Or what your magic is with.
    Personality:
    History:
    Appearance:
    Alliance: (Who are you allied with government, family, council, or rogue.)
    Equipment: (This would be a pet or laptop or any kind of item your character may be attached too.)
    Weakness: (Everyone must fill this out you cannot say you have no weakness…)
    RPG Example: (This is an example of your role-playing skill. I do not care whether you use a past post or create a new one. Only that you show me what your average posts look like. I would really like an example of your skill with your character for this role-play…)
    Dreams:

D. Sample Characters:

Name: Caley Brookes
    Alias: None
    Residence: Dorm of Nature (Originally from Italy)
    Ability: Caley has power over the four elements fire, water, earth, and air. She leans toward her earth magic, but tends to use her weather magic when she is in real danger. Because of her lineage her abilities are amplified much more then if she had been born to a less powerful family.
    Personality: Caley is shy and has a hard time voicing her opinions to large groups of people. She tends to stay by herself or gravitate towards the scholars at school. Caley hates bullies and only when she feels she needs to protect the defenseless does she really get angry. Caley believes that no one at the school appreciates the rich families they come from and only care about themselves.
    History: Caley’s mom was an anthropologist and her father was an archeologist. Her parents ran away from their responsibilities to their Great Families after gradutating from The Acadamy. They didn’t want anything to do with that world.

Caley’s family was constantly traveling all around the world letting their carreers take them where ever. Caley grew up around scholars and native people. She learned how to survive in the wild, build something from nothing, and tell the sex/age/race of a human skeleton. Although Caley was a descendant of the Great Mage Families her parents used all their magic to shield her from them. They might have succeded if they hadn’t died in a volcanic eruption when Caley was eight.

Caley’s fire magic protected her and her native friend Ashanti from the lava, but because she couldn’t control it her parents and most of the inhabitants of the island died. After living like something wild on the island for days and days she was rescued.

She though was on the island shorter then expected because her grandparents came and rescued her. They brought Ashanti along only because Caley refuse to go without her. Ashanti and Caley were the only family each other had left. They found Caley because they had had seers watching her family ever since they refused to take their positions into the Great Families.
    Appearance: http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...38bb2e334d.png
    Alliance: Council
    Equipment: Caley always wears a stone around her neck. They stone is a small piece of the lava from the island and she never takes it off. Also Caley has a cat that follows her around everywhere. Her name is Bejide, and her twin brother is Ashanti’s. Bejide is white with tan stripes and spots. Caley always carries around a compass, a handmade telescope, and her mage kit.
    Weakness: Because she is shy she cannot easily voice her opinions to others. Also she does not love her family, besides Ashanti. Caley has a hard time fitting in and her control over her emotions/magic skate on the line.
    RPG Example: Obviously I know what my own writing is like, but you will see it when I do the first post of the RPG.
    Dreams: Caley wants to help the people of Africa and South America. She wants to go there and use her magic to heal their fields and bring rain to drought-plagued villages.
    -----------------
    Name: Ashanti
    Alias: Shadow
    Residence: Dorm of Strength, from Ghana.
    Ability: She can transform to look like anything, person, or animal. Also she has amazing strength and talent for fighting. Her other “smaller” magic are dance and smoke.
    Personality: Ashanti is cold to all those other then Caley. She was taught all her childhood not trust outsiders. The Brookes family had been the one exception to that rule. When she was child she was entrusted keeping Caley safe while her family was visiting the village. Ashanti had dedicated her life to that and loves Caley more than anything. When she was around others of her tribe Ashanti was strong, kind, and seemingly full of wisdom. Only Caley knows that she is prone to making the exact same mistakes she does.
    History: Grew up as a chief’s daughter in her village. She learned all battle techniques that a male heir would and more. She spent her childhood doing what was best for the village and only heard rumors and stories of what lay beyond. She always knew one day she would leave, but her reason for leaving broke her heart. After staying with Caley’s grandparents she realized how much of a rift there was between the Ancient Shaman Order and the Great Families. Ashanti is sworn to protect Caley her “sister”, but she intends to one-day return to her own people. Then she will create a peace between the Shamans of her people and the Mages of Caley’s.
    Appearance: Ashanti has ebony skin, lighter then most. It almost could be described as a dark tan now. She has sharp, but curious hazel eyes that are constantly scanning the horizen. She is about 6’3” and stands strong as the great lonely Acacia of the plains. Along her arms are symmetrical tribal tattoos. Ashanti’s tattoos on her left leg are a mix of colors mostly warm colors fading into her skin as if they were merely creative sun spots. Her hair is boy short complimenting her high cheekbones. Lastly Ashanti was long and lean with wiry muscles that made her seem to move with the shadows.
    Alliance: She is allied only with Caley.
    Equipment: Ashanti keeps her staff with her at all times. On it is carved intricate patterns and was given to her by her great grandfather. On the top of it is a large black stone. That stone is part of solidified lava that destroyed her village. Just like Caley, Ashanti has a cat. Hers though is male and its name is Wambua. He is black with yellow eyes just like a panther.
    Weakness: Ashanti is way over curious about things sometimes she gets herself into trouble by sticking her nose were its not suppose to be. Ashanti also tends to devote herself entirely to Caley, but has a hard time separating herself from her. When they fight together its almost as if they become their own entity, but alone they are greatly hindered. Ashanti sometimes has a hard time excepting that she isn’t invincible.
    Dreams: See history…

Teachers are not main characters they are just important to my original plot.

Name: Kaneko Chishu
    Main Classes: Art, Pottery, Advance Wood Work, Glass Work, Culinary Arts, and Ornate metal.
    Head: Dorm of Craft
    Original Country:United States of America/Germany
    Appearance:

Name: TakaakiOchida
    Main Classes: AP Psychiatry, AP Business, Levitation, Telekinesis, etc…
    Head: Dorm of Mind
    Original Country:England
    Appearance:

Name: FumioEbina
    Age: 107 (His abilities slow down the aging process to almost a standstill pace.)
    Main Classes: AP Physics, AP Philosophy, and AP Religion
    Head: Dorm of Ying & Yang
    Original Country:Poland
    Appearance:

Name: Emi Satake
    Main Classes: Animal behavior and AP Biology
    Head: Dorm of Nature
    Original Country:China
    Appearance: http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...er/Teacher.jpg

Name: Kyoji Nishi
    Main Classes: Endurance Training and Fighting Styles from Around the World
    Head: Dorm of Stregnth
    Original Country:Ireland
    Appearance: http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...nsativeguy.jpg

Other info:

As I would expect you to see there is one council member per dorm they may have an assistant especially for the bigger dorms.

My most important rule is that you try a post at least once a day. It stinks to be waiting for someone to post so you can. Also if you have to go away for a while or something please contact my Co-GM or me and alert the role-play by leaving notice. This Role-play is a commitment please treat it as such and when you join think about if you can really get into it and if you have time for it. I STRESS THIS MOST OF ALL FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS!!!

Hope you like the role-play and have fun!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Council Members:

Dorm of Stregnth: No one

Dorm of Mind: No one

Dorm of Nature: KibasStalker(Me)

Dorm of Yin & Yang: Unaviable

Dorm of Craft: No one

EDIT: If you are having a hard time viewing the page because of the pictures please pm and I'll try to change it! I fixed the two largest ones. I also forgot to put on the teachers original countries, but I fixed that. Please bare with me it is my first Roleplay, though I have perticipated in a lot of different kinds. I will be uppointing a Co-GM after the official roleplay starts.
    Last edited by KibasStalker; 01-21-2008 at 09:42 AM.
    Sig made by Jagan Eye <3
    Kiba's Stats
    Ninja Registration Number: 012620

Height: 5’
    Weight: 95.5 lbs.
    Birthday: July 7 ( Cancer)
    Blood Type: B
    Personality: Aggressive, hot-tempered, wild

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

Name: Samael Sabbataios
    Alias: “The Sabbataios boy” (no one at the school refers to him by name, he is defined by his (bad) ancestry)
    Residence: Dorm of Mind
    Ability: Madness Anchor: Samael can use an ability which causes an region around him to become Discordant. Sapient beings within the radius experience hallucination as waves of raw madness enter into their brains and causes their sanity to attempt to devour its. Electrical systems malfunction, and their are harrowing cries as the madness that lurks beneath existance begins screaming. Everything that mankind can never understand begin to rumble. In and of itself this ability isn't lethal, people can become deranged for a short period of time but no physical harm is inflicted upon them, however, those who have experienced it never want to again. It is terror incarnate.
    Personality: A beat down kid who is mentally unhinged. Its obvious that his mind has been completely shatter and no longer works in the way human minds ought to. He keeps a vague, yearning smirk on his face often times and mutters to himself about various things, often esoteric concepts (e.g. “The Leontocephaline… six times around… six paths… yes… Corax, Nymphus, Miles, Perses, Heliodromus, Pater.”- for those curious he’s talking about Mithraism).
    His thought process is very non-linear, often jumping from “I bought nurtrigrain bars and beef jerky for snacks” to “There is no such thing as hypocrisy” with quick, rapid jumps in reasoning. He talks with a in a very strange way, referring to things in a poetic and detached manner that makes things difficult to understand. Seems to relish contradicting himself.
    He doesn’t see the difference between symbolism and reality, and performs symbolic actions as if they were reality. For example, in the vein of Mithraic mysteries he branded himself with a equidistant cross on his forehead, as it is a symbol of rejection of the self. The reason he did so was that, since he rejected himself as an entity, in his mind since he cannot observe he cannot exist so he had to brand himself(its based on Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle, in which the act of observing a system prevents you from knowing it because the act of observing affects the system, he takes that since he cannot observe a system he cannot affect it, and if he cannot affect something he cannot exist in the true meaning. This is not to say that he does not realize he has a physical form its just he doesn’t see possessing a body and a soul as indicative of “existence”) .
    History: Samael came from a failed magical family… formerly noble then disgraced when their bloodline began to dry up due to a preference for mating with those who did not have noble blood. Gradually, the “magic” within the line was almost entirely bred out of them and attendance to the Academy for Mages is just a pity play by the other noble families because of how pathetic the family has become. The family, began inbreeding in order to try and maintain what little magic was left within the family, sisters married brothers, fathers mated with daughters and so the family fell deeper and deeper into darkness. Genetic defects began to solidify with the rotting DNA and the family began developing traditions of Dementia, and Manic Depressive disorder, as well as several other diseases including Sickle Cell Anemia. However, the ploy worked and at the cost of the families conscience they were able to once more produce children with magical abilities.
    Samael was born into this family, particularly to a father and mother who themselves shared parents. Both of his parents were mentally unstable and Samael himself appears to have inherited these traits. His father and mother both abused him. During his childhood until he was sent away to Magical school his mother would molest him and his father would beat him whenever he caught wind of this, which was often enough. Samael lost two fingers of his left hand to a carving knife of his fathers, and when he started spending time with a girl down the road at the age of eight, in those sweet platonic friendships of youth, his mother, in a fit of jealousy gouged out Samael’s eyes with a butterknife during dinner.
    Blinded, Samael attended school where he did well in almost every non-magical subject he took, showing a great weakness for the workings of magic in any form and displaying almost no talent for it at all. However, his mind was quick and capable of skipping steps with speed and agility. However, during his school years he has been an outcast, both for his families history as well as his own lack of sanity. He has been beaten throughout his years at school, even going into a coma for several days when a rock through by a teacher nearly cracked his school. However, he keeps coming back and does not seem to think ill of anyone for what has happened to him, in fact, he seems to have a (disturbing) optimism.
    Appearance: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...02/tsu232q.jpg
    Alliance: Rogue
    Equipment: walking cane, blindfold wears a leg brace on his right leg.
    Weakness: Insane, physically weak, hardly any magical skills, friendless, blind, hardly any sense of pattern recognition, naive, incapable of seeing evil in people, tends to say rude things or offend people because he doesn't realize what is considered "polite" conversation (such as when in the fifth grade he wrote a story and in it, he described a rooms cozyness by comparing it to a part of the female anatomy), unable to link actions with reactions. He possesses various mental and physical diseases including, Manic Depression, Sickle Cell Anemia, Dementia, and Muscular Distrophy.
    RPG Example: Samael smiled vaguely as he walked down the school taping his cane in front of him gently with his three-fingered hand and swing out his right leg with each step (the brace preventing easy movement). Tap Tap Tap. “Oh… nonono… there wasn’t anytime… time just bends itself away, into pearly treasure boxes between reality and anti-existance…those things called… ‘memories’.” The other students moved out of his way and stared at him with suspicion, his family had a reputation for being thieves and cutthroats and all other sorts of other ne’er-do-wells . But Samael didn’t mind, despite the fact he heard their shuffling steps, saw the words they said floating in the air with his ear. They words were green… green with envy yes yes… so inhibited they were. He was himself and he would be no other.
    Dreams: None… Samael drifts from day to day unaware of the concept of a “future” he doesn’t see his actions as possessing a “consequence”.
    Last edited by Luzifer; 01-08-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Name: Alice Maxwell
    Alias: None [that she knows of]
    Residence: dorm [ying yang]

Ability: Abilities with gravity, space, dark, and can [rarely] "see"
    She can levitate or "fly". She can use dark magic, and is much stronger when angered. Often times she'll have dreams where she "Sees", though she often has a hard time determining if its an actual dream or not. She has also been trying to teach herself to "store" items secretly in her blind eye [through dimension manipulation] but has been unseccessful as of yet.

Personality: Although she tends to be very shy because of her aparence, Alice is a very sweet and fun loving girl. However, she does have a very dark side which she often finds she has trouble controling.

History: Alice was born in Jamestown, Ireland [although, to the surprise of many, she doesnt bear an accent]. Her mother died while giving birth to Alice, and her father's whereabouts were unknown, so she was raised by her grandparents. She was told when she showed signs of powers that her mother was a "seer", though the powers Alice showed were different. Her grandparents have noticed that every so often, Alice will "see". They assumed that part of her mothers magic ability passed through to her daughter.

Appearance: [see attached...and please ignore the blood >_>;;] Off colored eye is blind [and has three "marks" under it]

Alliance: Council [due to the fact she heard her grandfather was a member at on point or another]

Equipment: She very fond of a stuffed rabbit her mother made her during her pregnancy, but because of its old age Alice tends to leave it in her bed. Shes been seen having conversations with the rabbit, which lead her grandparent to believe that perhaps the stuffed doll was possessed by a spirit, though since no harm ever really came from conversing with the doll, her grandparents never pressed the matter further.

Weakness: Can often times be easily angered, which triggeres off her "other self".

RPG Example:
    Alice looked over to her stuffed bunny and sighed.
    "Oi, oi, dont give me that face Usagi. At least I managed to control my temper this time."
    She stared blankly at the doll until it moved slightly under the weight of its large head.
    "Well, calling me weird was bad enough, but then trying to make faces on my bad side was even worse...he deserved to get hit."
    The rabbit remained silent.
    "...Shut up."

Dreams: She hopes to one day find her father.

[edit: attach function not working. Image below:]
    Last edited by Ωmega; 01-09-2008 at 03:15 PM.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Luzifer: A bit of an odd character, definatily not what I was expecting even from you. You need to look at one thing before I approve you. Your ability must co-inside(sp?) with your dorm. The fact that you have a water ability means you would be in the nature dorm instead of the Mind dorm. I suspect that you want to be in that dorm(I made it and the Ying Yang dorm with you in mind), but I don't know exactly what your going to be doing with your character so I'll see what you do.

Edit:
    MaruDashi: Approved, I would like you, however to elaborate more on her abilities and how she uses them.
    Last edited by KibasStalker; 01-08-2008 at 04:55 PM.
    Sig made by Jagan Eye <3
    Kiba's Stats

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah but... the idea is he's essentially a magic-neuter... he really doesn't even HAVE a magic ability, so lacking any sort of meaningful power he would be placed in a dorm with his specialty in mind... and since he's mentally unhinged...well... mind is close...ish

P.S. its not that odd of a character for me if you really think about it...
    Last edited by Luzifer; 01-08-2008 at 04:59 PM.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Name: Skyde Malomarche
    Alias: Universio

Residence: Ying and Yang Dorm. The corner bed in the shade of darkness.

Ability: Space, the essence of space and that which is the opposite, the matter. Basically you can call him a Galaxy Mage, His powers deal with the use of chora and Manipulation of void to create un-void (as in something to take up the space) and back to void again.

Personality: Skyde is usually dark, calm and cold. He sees reality in a perspective like space. The world is so empty to him, empty because of all the conflict that makes people spread apart. His views are considered very eccentric, if even heard at all. He's very independent and quick witted, though never haughty. He believes that it's the superiority complex that creates much of the worlds conflict, and hence the emptiness he feels from it around him. Though he is much content with staying out of things, rather, musing at the simple things others do that seem utterly pointless.

History:
    Skyde was born in Europe, presumably England with an English mother and an American father. Though, they moved to Germany afterwards because they knew people out there, family friends. At the time, they weren't real well with the money, they were lucky to even pool enough money to get to Germany. There they worked for the family friend's Hotel and Lodge, where they worked for a small salary and living quarters. Skyde himself was left alone a lot when he was young, from the age of 5 to 9 he was in their apartment all alone most of the day every day, they hadn't the money to bring him to school so they tried homeschooling with what they knew.

Though one day they had come home, and noticed that parts of the walls were missing, as if cut out with such great precision that a craftsman of highest quality (Unless it's a Mage) couldn't fit to cut. When they reached their son the walls filled back in and a large flash of light came from his hands. Little did they know their son was about to send a super nova like wave at them. But he recognized his parents and fell to the floor crying. He felt so alone at home, so alone in that world with only the weird things going on to keep him company.

At that point his parents had heard words from a school in Asia that sent them a letter regarding their child. Without money to repair those constant small damages and no way to control their son's powers they sent him off. He lived at the school studying for (about) eight years, up until now he stayed out of the spotlights, only using his powers in secrecy. He received the gloves 'Cha'kre' from the teachers as a gift, the white gloves with enchanted metals upon them easing his ways through learning his gift. He even started to develop spells and incantations for focus, enveloping himself in his works.

Three years prior to the current he met a student by the name of Gage Cathis, a nature wielder who wasn't the most popular of students either. Though Skyde wasn't interested in fame, only to assort to whatever means to bring the world together through his power, he found the boy being chased down by the local stompers. One of them tried assaulting him with flames, which seemed to be a great fear of the boy. Standing off to a side he felt content with just watching, until he finally realized that it was such a feeling that aided conflict and made the world so empty. So he thrusted an arm out, creating dimensional space within the path of the fires sucking the air from it. He would then soon enough cause an small eruption of space, blowing the rotten kids into the nearby tree.

Ever since then Gage has been the only person willing to talk to him, despite his cold and seemingly pessimistic manner. Because the nature wielder enjoyed flourishing the school with flowers and such things it brought amuzement to him, a feeling that seemed different and.. warm to him. Though he wont admit it, him and Gage are two outcasts in a school full of go getters, the only difference being Skyde's own plot's.

Appearance:

Don't mind the character from the Anime, I'm basing his appearince off of this character's. His face is a bit longer though, and his hair will be black.

Alliance: He goes to school to learn to use his power, so he joins no side that would oppose his goal. I assume that would be the council, though they never really go to him for anything and feels little loyalty to them as a whole.

Equipment:
    • Cha'kre: His two gloves that never seem to leave his eyes let alone his hands at any time. They were gloves used to maintain his spacial abilities, like a collar for a dog with a tight least. They cut off his focus if he ever loses control, yet they are made to improve his focus when he is his usual calm self.
    • Inter-dimensional Carrying Case; Black Briefcase: Due to his ability to pull things out of space and bring it back in, it's theorized that his small briefcase that holds everything he needs for school can fit an unlimited amount of things. That's just about what it does. It holds his papers and brushes and all those things.
    • Fao'Sael: A magical staff that can extend and retract to it's owners will. He carries it around in his brief case usually in it's smallest state, like an Olympic baton. It's a black shaft topped with a white crystal at the end, meant for his higher practicing classes in focus.

Weakness: Crowds (The larger the worse). He can't stand large amounts of people. In space their is an unlimited amount of room between bodies, as such he's claustrophobic when it comes to humans around him. He's good enough to stay in a class room, and make his ways about the rooms, but when it comes down to it he loses focus and usually breaks down in a crowd.

RPG Example: The various hints and hues of the magical student body flashed by his eyes, his eye of blue so deep they seemed like midnight in the sky. But not just the sky could bear his mind, his thoughts were that of space and beyond. The cold essences of the bare blank chora spinning and shifting, toppling and stretching, yawning and rolling. It was all inside his head buzzing about, soaring higher and burning brighter then any star. Though the stars were at his hands, his hands were not yet strong enough to bare them well, and so he knew, and so he fell.

But he wasn't truly falling, he was lost in his very own thought. The deep reaches of his open, dark and empty heart beckoning to be filled. He must fill this world, this world so torn apart by meaningless titles and strains of hunger and greed. Though he didn't like large crowds he didn't care, because if the end would bring this world together, then he had accomplushed his goal. When he would feel the bottom of his soul, fill fully from the tip to top, from brink to drop, he was sure his goal would be done and realized.

His eyes became lost in the chora, the space about his figure sitting under the far off tree in the corner. He could feel the blossoms floating down and taking bits of his form, thier pink glow seemed overwhelmingly warm, yet as they fell he realized how cold they were, separate from the rest of it's beggining and the other bits of it's kind. It strayed away from it's deity to become a part of another.. another conflict between the humans and their endless struggle against life.

But why struggle against it? He was human yet his barely understood, at the same time he questioned his own motives. But he also knew them as true, he was truth, to himself even if not to the world. Lies are pointless, conflict is weary. Renewal should be at hand. Might it be by the iron fist of his powers, or by the banner of an everlasting regime, that would utterly fall into nothing but conflict again. Regardless he was ready to take the tides at full course, willing to give it his all... Just as soon as these people stepped away from him and let him exist.

Dreams: He dreams that one day he can fill the world with the feeling of un-void. This world that he exists in seems so empty to him, humanity lashing out at themselves for no reason. Hoping to become a master Galaxy Mage ( A rare power indeed ) He wishes to stop all conflict, even if it must be with an iron hand. That way the world may return to tranquility, and people can accept others for who they are and not by how much they have.
    Last edited by Tetsanosuke; 01-08-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Owns someone xD But who? Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba has a reputation beyond repute Seikyu Kiba's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2009 11:38 PM
    Threads

Luz..a...Butterknife!? Wow...talk about original.

Name: Gage Cathis

Alias: The Bloodless Rose
    Residence: Dorm of Nature

Ability: Gage takes control of any type of plant life, he can speed up or slow down the growth of a plant, he can also create barriers for himself with the vines around him, althought they are tough they can still be broken. His most used plant of choice is the rose....and sometimes the lily if he really feels like it. He usually uses his abilites through the scroll that his tied to his left hand.

Personality: Gage is a little like Skyde Malomarche, he is quiet, and doesn't like to be bothered by anyone, that is why he hangs around Skyde, because he doesn't talk very much and isn't very social. Of course, Gage isn't literally anit-social, he gives the occational hi to the other students, but that is it. Gage does have a softside, he will decorate randomly, various area's of the school, with flowers, without any actual reason.

History: Gage growing up was hard, although his family was very rich, they were famous flower arrangers. (Which explains why he decorates randomly through out the school.) He was going to be like all of his family decending before him...a carpenter. But, his mind set was a little different, he was more darker, and didn't dress in hippy clothes like his family. He was always wearing black, he wanted to be away from his family, and so...he begged his parents to enroll him into The Academy for Mages. He was determined to use his powers for...more better things then his family. So they agreed, hoping their son would follow in their footsteps. Enrolled at the age of 9, and grew into a more darker and anit-social person, at the age of 15 he met up with a guy named, Skyde Malomarche, Skyde and Gage hung out due to their similar personalities, yet they were completely different when it came to their abilites.

Appearance: See below!

Alliance: He goes to school to learn to use his power, so he joins no side that would oppose his goal. He hasn't had any loyalty to either side, he has been asked for help a couple of times by the counsel.

Equipment: A scroll that is wrapped around his left hand, and a rose in his right hand. (Color changes depending on mood)

Weakness: Gage weaknesses are annoying people (If they annoy him for to long,
    he ends up going crazy and rants.) And fire, well he does control plants.

RPG Example:
    Rath looked at Flea and shrugged lightly "I can't say for certain." Rath said briskly, he didn't really want to lie, he couldn't just say that everything will be okay because of the guards. Although even if everything will be alright, he was still on his guard to fight everynight. "Miss Flea, you do know if anything happens, I will have to throw myself in danger..." He then looked to his left and then to his right "If anything happens, please don't come after me." Flea was his friend, actually she was his only true friend, maybe even more, even though he didn't act like it, he still cared for her deeply.

Dreams: His dream is to use his powers for good and protect anyone who is in danger.

Thank you Nespa for the banner!
    "Just because your dead...doesn't mean you don't deserve a fair trial!"

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Ok, I added a bit more detail to the abilities :3

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Name: Ash Modai
    Alias:
    Residence: Dorm of… Yin & Yang
    Ability: Sealing Magic…technically. He believes Magic is an evil and cast a sealing spell on himself so he sealed his seals (if that makes sense)
    Personality: Ash is a born a bread idealist, which makes his name ironic (kudos to anyone who can figure out why his name is ironic). He dislikes any sort of physical power, and believes that magic is inherently evil and should be sealed away and/or bred out of mankind. To show his resolve he actually sealed his own magical abilities so that he is now only still part of the Academy on a technicality (he could cast magic…), though some believe he should be kicked out of the school because his ideology is a threat, or because he’s not actually a mage anymore.
    Very outspoken, he’s quick to preach and has gotten very good at offering proofs and analogies for why he believes the various things that he believes. He hates magic but manages to avoid hating the mages themselves, who he looks upon more with pity than with rage, which most people actually find far more annoying. He thinks that those who depend upon magic are only proving that their souls and spirits are weak and that they cannot bear to actually put forth the effort to do things themselves.
    Lucid, he has a very practical view of most things and realizes the boundary between saying his ideals and getting them accomplished. However, he also realizes that sometimes, the most you can do is scream at the top of your lungs and hope the echo survives.

History: Ash has had history with his family. His family is one of the most powerful of the magic families and has long been courted by countries to try and get them to side with them. However, the Modai family is like a leaf, going in the direction of the prevailing wind, and often switches sides in the middle of a conflict depending upon which side is in the ascendant position. However, eventually these double dealing proved to be the down fall of the family and they were betrayed and almost every adult member of the family was killed. He himself was caught in an inferno when their villa on the Adriatic was attacked and burned to the ground, he inhaled fire and his lungs were scorched from the inside, leaving him unable to absorb enough oxygen from the air, and to this day he must breath pure oxygen or suffocate.
    Ash however, saw this as nothing more than a just comeuppance. He believed that it was the fact that the Modai family sought and used power which was the cause of their death and not the actions of the soldiers or the country that had actually pulled the trigger. In his mind, power itself was evil and magic, being the most unfair and inequitable of all powers was the most evil of all. So he decided that he would not use magic and would dedicate his life to expunging it.

Appearance: http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...roject/052.jpg

Alliance: Rogue
    Equipment: Oxygen Mask (see history)
    Weakness: He has no magic, his idealism prevents him from using more advantages means of winning.
    RPG Example: The grating sound of the pump of his masking going in and out as he breathed had long ago sunk beneath Ash’s notice. Everyone around him however, was on edge. He looked around with a vague apathy at the people that passed by, each and every one of them was sinning in his mind… but it was their choice and at the moment he could not stop them. He sighed, with an accompanying metallic wheeze, if only he had not sworn of power, but power would not breed right conduct, it would only brand its memory into mankind, and magic was something that should be forgotten utterly. Mankind had to want to forget... mankind cannot be forced to forget
    Dreams: To ban the use of magic and to expunge it from the human genome.

OOC: In case anyone hasn’t figured it out from basically ever other RP I’ve ever been in including this one… I hate magic.
    Last edited by Luzifer; 01-08-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

Name: Hoang (surname) Yan Xiaozhi
    Alias: "Little" Fist or Bing Bing
    Residence: Dorm of strength
    Ability: she concentrates her spiritual energy -called 'Chi'- into different parts of her body to enhance her strength and she can even send out waves of Chi because of her knowledge of magic. The Chi only enhances her strength by about 15 percent, if she concentrates soley on it, but that's quite a bit because of her normal strength which is as strong as about ten men put together. Along with her strength she had incredible speed, which her Chi can also enhance. Also her Chi can materialize and became sharp and deadly needles.
    Personality: Bing Bing has the personality that could brighten up a room. She's kind and optomistic but even so, she has a short fuse and when she's angry she's can be quite vicious. She's very rough for a girl and isn't very girly at all. She also has a very big appetite and can usually be found with some sort of sweet.
    History: Bing Bing was raised in a royal family in China which traced back all the way to the Shang Dynasty. She was sent to the academy at the age of 10 but in those ten years of growing up with her family, she was taught to control her Chi in her body by Master Lao, someone who was a grandfather-figure to her. Her father's side of the family knew magic but they were not crazy about it. It was Master Lao who helped Bing Bing with her training. She was the only child of her mother and father but she was far from spoiled. Asian culture led families to discipline their children. As a child, Bing Bing was beat almost weekly because of her behavior, what with her tricks she played on the servants, other relatives, and sometime just for being unlady-like.
    Appearance: Clothing example: http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...mi-Tohru_H.jpg
    Alliance: council
    Equipment: A tiny music box that plays an old chinese folk-song that was given to her by her grandmother. She keeps it in her pocket at all times and often takes it out to liste to it. The shell is red and has tiny people painted on it as if telling a story that can be interpreted in many ways. http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~YW4Y-OOb/sougen.mid (This is the song it plays and you'll need some sort of music player that plays online stuff like windows media or quicktime if you want to listen to it.)
    Weakness: Has a short fuse and she gets dizzy around strong fumes such as perfume or gasoline. If the fume is strong enough it could cause her to pass out. Also, when she uses her Chi to that fifteen percent she is drained of almost all of her energy. The only way she can enhance her Chi in the two areas at the same time is to split the amount of Chi she uses.
    RPG Example: Addie trotted down the stairs to find the house void of all life but her and Bicko, her blue beta fish. "Yeah, good morning to you too," she said and bent down, kissing the small bowl her fish was confined in. As if trying to kiss her back, Bicko swam into the glass. She walked to the kitchen, made herself a bagel, smeared it with thick helpings of creme cheese, and pulled her cap over her pink and black hair. "Bye bye Bicko," she called to the fish and walked out the door in her pink and white skater shoes. As if on cue, two boys on skateboards rolled up to her driveway with backpacks on their back.
    Dreams: She dreams of simply staying and hopes to later live in a world that is much more diverse, a world that accepts people who are different.
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 01-09-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay so I'm in the middle of reading different people so I don't have any Approving to do right this second though I will edit it and try to get everyone their response before I go to bed. Thank you all so much for posting it really made my day to see so many people interested in my roleplay!

Things to keep in mind:
    1. Try try not to make your person the most powerful that you can possible make it. I know I listed different things for different dorms, but you shouldn't have every power that I listed. Even the council doesn't have every power, alot of their abilitly comes from raw power. They just have so much to back it up. Someone who did really well in explaining their powers is Tetsanosuke did a really great job explaing his abilities and how they tied into his personality and history. A scenerio would be twins having powers they may half the same powers, but if they grow up on totally different sides of the planet their powers will evolve differently depending on how they used them discovered them. Kudos to Tetsanosuke.

2. The whole Great Families things is really important to the plot of the story. We cannot have everyone not be apart of them. Most of these kids grow up around magic. No one has been born out of the magical families in a long time. And Henry was the only one for the next so many years. And the familys are quite rich because of these abilities.

I will add stuff to this after I finish reading and as I said I will try to approve as many people as I can tonight.

P.S. Make sure not everyone is in the same dorm. That would be boring!

EDIT: Okay I'm thinking over what I actually wrote for my own abilities and ... I will try and revamp them tommorow and post more detailed ones with my characters.

EDIT2: Tetsanosuke: Approved, keep number 2 in mind when we start the roleplay..

Seikyu Kiba: Approved, I like how you guys did your characters. I can't wait to see them in the roleplay. Your example was alittle average, but I like the dialoge, so accepted.

MaruDashi: Since I already approved its alright and you did well in revamping your abilities, but I would like you to maybe narrow it down a little, so your character is not so all powerful. Don't forget the most powerful/Capable person in the Ying Yang dorm is the Ying Yang Council Member...

EDIT3: NO MORE ROGUES, that is all...

Why do you hate magic Luz? *Sad face*

EDIT4: NO STUDENT EXCEPT A FEW SEERS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE WORLD AT THIS POINT. The roleplay starts only two months after Henry dies. The governments are hurting SOME families not ALL. Something to keep in mind is that these are magical mage families. Though some may be naive in their interprtation of the situation or working with the governments willingly, it is not in the vast majortiy. Few people at all have been actually "KILLED" yet more that is going on right now is kidnapping and ransomeing and things of the such. Mage families have super powerful protections on themselves and have safe houses for this sort of thing. Something to remeber is that the best place for the governments to get magic in the first place is to go to the place where they teach it if you catch my drift.

Shobu_Shimizu: UNapproved. Read what I've written above and edit.
    Last edited by KibasStalker; 01-08-2008 at 09:36 PM.
    Sig made by Jagan Eye <3
    Kiba's Stats

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2019 05:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was thinking of making a teacher character if you'd like. I was thinging a teacher of things like 'Spellcrafting', 'Focation' (Focusing of energies and mentalities, as well as Magical Battle courses, kinda like a Magical Dueling instructor.

Would that be plausible for this whole thing?

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 04:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Name: Konsuka Sakamoto
    Residence: Dorm of strenght
    Ability: Besides having impressive speed and physical abilities Konsuka can increase those abilities by focusing on them. For example if he focuses on speed then his strenght will decrease, and the other way around. Also has some skill in healing and medical combat. Accuracy,detention skills, and all the above are included.
    Personality: A fair men that doesn't like to fight and would like to talk about it before fighting. He can be very stubborn and have a temper when it comes to his friends and family.
    History: Born of a noble family Konsuka had everything he needed. He came to his school because his father once went here and is well known. He was also apart of the council. He wants to show his father that he to can do some good. That is why he joined the council. He wants to do good for the school and impresse his father. He does love this school and thats why he cares and help as many times as he can. He didn't want to follow behind his father but feels like he as a debt to pay to his father.
    Appearance: Jet black shoulder lenght hair with some grey high lights. He normally sports nice shoes that are formal but at the same time he could get them dirty. Black suit and white shirts. He does change his clothes everyday.
    Alliance: Council
    Equipment: A ferret named Haku that delivers his mail and serves as a pet.
    Weaknesss: Very high pitched loud sounds because they throw off his focus
    Rpg Example: Kinsuka had to laugh. His brother was once again whining. All over a bit of bread. His hair was flaming red and growing ever so brighter. He couldn't help but point at him and continued his meal. This was one of his one happy memorys about being in his family. His brother. He was his only true friend and comrade in crime left. They did everything together. Thats why he wouldn't allow his brother to fail. His father wouldn't allow it and would send him away. He wouldn't allow that.
    Dream: Make his father proud.
    Last edited by Hollow Ichigo; 01-09-2008 at 03:44 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

overhauled Samael's abilities

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm sorry I totally spaced out about your second character Luz.

Luzifer: Second character Approved. This is diffenatly a Luzy character. I love what you have done with Samuel's abilities! Oh and Luz you still have to answer the question .

Tetsanosuke I like that idea, I like that Idea very much. Pm me with your character sheet and I will talk to you.

Sorry Hollow I still haven't read your character, but I am just to tired. Either tommorow morning or right when I get home after school I will read yours. I really do need to get to bed, I can barely keep my eyes open.@.@ I also need some profiles to look forward to tommorow!
    Last edited by KibasStalker; 01-08-2008 at 09:47 PM.
    Sig made by Jagan Eye <3
    Kiba's Stats

Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I don't know... mostly because I know few people make "anti-magic" characters and even less of them fall under the discreption of "heroic". A common stereotype, from every source of fantasy I've ever seen is that magic is either, "good" or "neutral"... so I like playing a "good" anti magic character... and thats a lot of quotation marks.

that and magic's for sissies!
    Last edited by Luzifer; 01-08-2008 at 10:04 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Haha. Thats a good reason for making anit-magic characters. Breaking the mold is allways apprecaited. Okay well you said that "you" specifically didn't like magic, so I was thinking about that. Personally I love the idea of magic, oh the fun I have everyday coming home from school looking out the window watching the scenery go by thinking up knew ideas for animes or my story.

On another note *IS SO HAPPY WITH ALL THE RESPONSES*.
    Sig made by Jagan Eye <3
    Kiba's Stats

Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, normally I think that the human subconcious, in its current state can't take magic. Humans tend to react poorly to power unearned and, in most cases, magic is genetic. Being that some people are just BORN with the power to use magic. From an egalitarian stand point such a difference in opprotunity due to bloodline is unfair. Its like giving somebody I million bucks and his own oil company cause he happened to be born lucky.

Thus magic inherently would create "classes". Those with magic and those without. Magic, being inherently a beneficial manifestation upon its host, would thus signify a de-facto ruling class. Anything that differentiates humans would instantly lead to a conflicting caste society.

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I edited it... if I screwed up again, just tell me where... because I kind of just guessed. It's late and I'm tired.

Chaos Unborn Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo has a reputation beyond repute Hollow Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Hattori Hanzo Steel Bleach Ichigo Mask Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 04:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Name: Hiroyuki Sakamoto
    Residence: Dorm of Nature
    Ability: Fire,Water,Earth,Air,Pure energy. Pure energy is the energy his body gives off at all times. It can be turned into Lightening, or controled energy that he can push outward. He can also take it as far as using the energy to make a make shift sword or throwing knife. He can mix elements to form new ones. Water and wind make Ice. Etc.

Personality: Very social and outgoing. Caring and calm. Considerate,and great to work with. He is quick to try new things but hard to convince. He however has a temper in a fight and doesn't allow anyone to talk about his brother in a negative way.
    History: Same as his brother. He is in his brother image and for a while hated him. He now just wants to see his father happy. So he can get the thanks and the pat on the back. His life was hard because of that and that plays a big part in his personality issue.
    Appearance:
    His hair is shoulder lengh and white and he is about 5 foot eleven. He is very small in the chest area but he is strong. He normally wears a white or sky blue t-shirt with blue pants and or white shoes. Or he wears a white warm up suit over his clothes.
    Alliance: His brothers and the councils.

Equipment: Ear plugs, a ferret named Maki that is his brothers sets twin brother. It does everything household like kill rats,bugs and deliver mail.
    Weakness: Loud Noises that are louder then a siren. It causes his ears to bleed and blind him for an hour.

Rpg Example: See my first Character.
    Dreams: To see his father happy.
    Last edited by Hollow Ichigo; 01-09-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

K, took out invisiblity and added a novice [and kinda useless] ability.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

Name: Binca emori

Alias: Pokey

Residence: dorm of mind

Ability: Seer though it's more sensing* if something good or bad is gonna happen. slight telekenise.

Personality: calm she seems hard to anger and even more to get furious and she does not say much. She rarely seems to be intrested in other people or things than her books. Most of the time she is serious.

History: Binca is one from the slightly older families and is from a long generation of seers. Since her parents were always someware predicting outcomes she was mostly cared for by a nanny until she was old enough to school. Over the years she did not really make friends just aquintances she seems adored by uncertain students because of her powers causing them to often try to get her to tell them if they get a good grade.

Appearance: Blond hair that is mostly in two braids. A green blouse, black pants. pale, grey collored eyes, wears small square glasses. boots.

Alliance: Familie

Equipment: a small black mouse called mira. It's unclear which ability's has but it seems she can converse with it through her mind.

Weakness: Migraine, something if she senses something really nice or really bad she gets a heavey headache on one side of her head.

RPG Example: Binca calmly turned the page of the book she was reading. Mira was asleep in her lap. She looked up when she felt someone poke her side and pressed her glasses back to up to looked at the student before her "yes?".

Her voice was quite but slightly tinged with anoyance, mira woke up and squaked. He handed her a paper "do i get a good grade for this?".

Binca looked at the paper and closed her eyes for a moment. she opened them again and handed the paper again "it's unclear"was al she said and returned to her book ignoring the saddend look of the student.

dreams: not really clear since she never told anyone

*i hope you don't mind this kiba but seeing she is stil in school i can not assume she get full blown visions yet :P
    Last edited by Nespa; 01-09-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hollow: First character unapproved. Please ilaborate(sp?) on your character intentions for the future. Also you did not fill out your character's dream. Please add your reason for being a council member. Council members have to be strong and believing in the importantance(sp?) of what they are doing. They have to be able to lead. How can you show that your character can do that? I was wondering about the point of being afraid of blood, you are a fighter and healer... Last are quite a few mistakes in your rpg sample as please look over it and read it aloud to yourself and then edit. Over all though your idea of a character is nice and I think will do well in interacting with others in the roleplay.

Okay MaruDashi you added an ability. I would suggest you keep gravity(that would include flying) and darkness. You cannot have both dark and light because light destroys and iradicates darkness when it comes in contact with dark. Light is kinda of a weak magic because it doesn't have many uses, the one thing it does have is to signify someone with a pure heart and mind blah blah blah.

Shobu_Shimizu: You have to rember when making your character to be in the dorm of strength grils tend to throw away preconceived notions about what they must be like as girls. Yes they should be rougher, but it is hard to put a rough personality with a happy over optimistic character that wears dresses to fighting classes. Also the main point I was also trying to make with my edit before is that none of the Great Families are dead and dying and only have one living decsendant left. They are flourishing in todays business, but the only thing is they previously kept it hidden abou their abilities... Magic families have magic healers... Diseases do not devistate their families...

BY THE WAY EVERYONE THIS IS SET IN THE MARCH OF 2016. (I only do this in the future because I don't want america to be at war with Iraq in this story...)

Something to keep in mind is no magical animals. Their bodies can't handled it as much because of their simplistic minds and small bodies. Sorry Hollow. They have a bit of magic, but its only like healing a destroyed berry or hurry along a growing fruit or something like that.

Hollow Second Character: Give this one some more backround. He feels empty and the history isn't really that telling. I don't really understand the way he acts and who he is. Also changing form would be body magic I.e. Stregnth dorm, and cloths changing would be cloth magic I.e. Craft dorm and you have way to many different abilities. You must narrow them down. I would suggest keeping the air/weather magic for your character...
    Last edited by KibasStalker; 01-09-2008 at 03:37 PM.
    Sig made by Jagan Eye <3
    Kiba's Stats

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I took out the invisiblity, the flying is still there. Took out light. [lol, she definitly doesnt have a pure heart XD]

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ooooh, dude, that completely flew over my head. Sorry about that. ^_^() I'll edit it. I'll change her personality as well, since you disapprove of it.

Edited.
    Last edited by ~Shobu~; 01-09-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information