AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ollie's new art thread.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Ollie's new art thread.

I WAS going to ask Miss Tod to unlock my old one, but she'd already done that for me before and I was a dummy and let it go dead and auto-locked, and it's been so long since I made that one and last posted in it I think it's time for a new one anyway (okay? ;_;)

I shall kick off with the first part of the art I did in my Life Drawing course for the Fall 2007 quarter at my college! The class was a blast, my teacher was amazing, and I really feel like I improved a lot.

There is going to be... a lot. I don't know

These aren't really in order chronologically, but I'll leave comments describing at least some of them. Only a few of these (personal favorites) will be displayed as images. The rest will be links, to save on loading time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0001.jpg
    foot study! Actually, it's my friend Cortney's foot (since using your own feet as models can be kind of limiting without some creative mirror use, due to their location). This one didn't turn out so well. (This is a more recent picture... we did it like a week or two before our final class)

A MUCh better study. Same foot, different position. Messed up on the toe.

Our teacher told us to invent some clothed poses of humans. I was SO EXCITED we actually got assigned this. I think I'll make a "finished" version of Ceara, too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0004.jpg
    Funny story, the piece of cloth i got the idea to draw after looking at a drapery study I did, but the picture was resting on its side instead of upright.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0005.jpg
    We were supposed to do trees. I forgot the requirements of the assignment and did this piece of crap instead. <_<

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0006.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0007.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0008.jpg
    Our teacher borrowed some anatomical figures from the nursing program people for us to study the muscles. Fun! (the part on the bottom of the last one was copied out of a book he owns on the human anatomy. I forgot the name, but I MUST HAVE THAT BOOK.)

A copy of one of Da Vinci's studies. One of our earlier assignments was to copy a renaissance-ish human study artwork by a great master. My teacher said a lot of people use this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0010.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0011.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0012.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0013.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0014.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1/File0015.jpg
    One of our very first assignments was to get one of these little wooden figurines and draw it in 10 different poses (I didn't do quite that many, but oh well). The first three he said were good drawings, but they lacked any background, so it didn't look like a good drawing of a figure in space. The next three were better, but they needed better framing instead of the messy way I abruptly ended one picture and started another. I would have done more, but I'm lazy.

And my self-portrait, done in the powder room in our house with very limited lighting and a bit farther from the mirror than I would have preferred (no idea why I didn't grab a chair and pull it closer...). Approximately one hour, ten minutes.

More to come.

For those of you interested, here is the link to the previous art thread (more anime-friendly art there, I guess you could say): http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=28080&pp=25
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Senior Member blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme has a reputation beyond repute blackcatme's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2008 11:10 AM
    Threads

omg i really like them
    i mean how youcan do this, wow!! sugoi!
    i wish i could draw like this

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Wow, sweet! I really love the self-portrait, it's so very symmetrical. X3

Eumorpha fasciata. MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 07:40 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1161-7211-1531

Goodness, you're extremely talented! What beautiful work! Hopefully you'll keep posting more of your art- it'd be a shame not to show off such gorgeous stuff!
    Slit your wrists and worship Keroppi.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A concept piece for a painting I plan to do. Based on a tiny little sketch I made in one of my sketchbooks.

Not sure about the word "medusa", though. I was going to put it a bit farther beneath her, and more in the middle, but I don't know if I should keep it at all. Any thoughts? I'd appreciate the feedback.

Don't think it's necessary to sign a concept piece, but I'm a little wary of art thieves.

lalalalove. keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy. has a reputation beyond repute keezy.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2011 10:51 AM
    Threads

My, you have some beautiful artwork here.
    As for the Medusa one; if you plan to keep the word there I suggest moving it down like you said because it seems a little to close to the tips of her hair.
    Also, it's a very nice picture but for it to be Medusa shouldn't the hair be snakes? (Unless you haven't gotten to that part or something.)

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more. ^^

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by vAmPiRe_BlOoD View Post
    Also, it's a very nice picture but for it to be Medusa shouldn't the hair be snakes? (Unless you haven't gotten to that part or something.)
    I figured someone would mention this. To that I say: artistic license! I was really only thinking of the Medusa in terms of how her hair is shaped and how it flows, almost like it's alive.

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow those are very good in fact they're so good they look like a professionals work
    keep it up i can't wait to see your next ones
    Gero Server Guru

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have another thing coming up, but 'til I finish it, here's something I made a few weeks back. Is my original character, Ceara.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	let_yourself_be_enchanted_by_oliverat.jpg‎
Views:	55
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	18670  

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I really like your artwork, Ollie. They look very professional. Well done
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Senior Member IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava has a reputation beyond repute IceBubleFlava's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2008 05:20 PM
    Threads

Awesome you can really draw, your already pro. Wow and your only 18.
    Now my goal is to be able to draw just as good by that age.
    ICEBUBLEFLAVA

between light and shadow. naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2010 12:03 PM
    Threads

very very nice. Keep posting the great pics!

Member Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik is infamous around these parts Count Cutflaik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2008 06:31 AM
    Threads

You are so awesome.<3

In all seriousness, you should become a drawer.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by IceBubleFlava View Post
    Awesome you can really draw, your already pro. Wow and your only 18.
    Now my goal is to be able to draw just as good by that age.
    There are better artists younger than me.

Take this one for example: http://janaschi.deviantart.com/art/t...ith-cw-6868489

Although the artist of that picture is currently 20, she was about 17 when she drew the image.

Here's a tip if you want to improve massively:

- draw from life
    - DON'T START BY DRAWING ANIME. It will MESS YOU UP and teach you to draw things incorrectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Cutflaik View Post
    You are so awesome.<3

In all seriousness, you should become a drawer.
    ... aren't I one already?

Annnnd just to keep things flowing, here is a picture I drew around...HAHAHA a year and a half ago. But for some reason I never posted it! Or I did but can't find that post. I still like it.

Name:	a_lady_and_her_flowers_by_oliverat.jpg‎
Views:	44
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	18683  

Senior Member Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola has a reputation beyond repute Lola Granola's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I LOVE the DaVinci copy you made. Very nice rendering of the facial features.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I finished it!! My latest drawing, my half of an art trade for someone else. She's a Victorian-era magician, the other person's original character.

I did this with markers, pencils, white and gold paint pens. Details can be viewed here: http://oliverat.deviantart.com/art/d...-Show-76439062

Scanner didn't pick up the colors so well, though. =/

Name:	MB.jpg‎
Views:	40
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	18714  

Senior Member CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2009 12:51 AM
    Threads

ill keep this thread if Favs i love it!!!!
    keep updating

disgeae order of awsomeness
    Laharl > Mao > Adell

Eumorpha fasciata. MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 07:40 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1161-7211-1531

Your artwork is fantastic- it makes my jaw drop... particularly when I look at the way you make the bodies and the Da Vinci sketch art. Truly amazing work. I know I said that earlier in this thread, but I had to say it again because it's THAT amazing.
    Last edited by MissChelly; 02-04-2008 at 08:22 PM.
    Slit your wrists and worship Keroppi.

Forsaken Beer Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Beer Beer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 09:39 PM
    Threads

I like your art.Interesting style of drawing.The foot is good its hard t draw that but only the thubm is kinda bad.You self portrait is great really nic work!The Medus pic is exelent you really get the feeling that those are real snakes.Good, good keep up the good work! So your advice is not to start with manga hmmm.Ok i will try to draw somehing.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, I don't mean don't draw it EVER. Just don't focus on it too much, and don't build your skills off of it.

Have 7 years of bad luck. Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky has a reputation beyond repute Goodylucky's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2008 08:27 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

whoa... thats so good!

* My Fan Arts * | Set by me | Now take requests

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Behold! You are lucky people, because AF is the first place I'm uploading this recent one.

Photoshop CS2 + WACOM! Based off one of the sketches I posted here.

Name:	cantakerous-copy.jpg‎
Views:	38
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	19031  

Junior Member The Nightmare Alchemist is infamous around these parts The Nightmare Alchemist is infamous around these parts The Nightmare Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2008 06:00 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: none

Exclamation

Those Are Amazing!!!!
    Last edited by Die Tod von Euch; 02-27-2008 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Post your images in your own thread, not someone else's

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And here's some more!

Sketches of Giselle from Enchanted. I <3 her.

Fan art of Schierke, from the manga Berserk. It would look more like how I intended it if I could've found my fine-tipped blue Micron pen instead of using a thick black sharpie.

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Overall great...
    Your artwork is beautiful and outstanding...I enjoyed looking at your pictures...
    Different style that those I've seen by now,but yet so beautiful...
    Proportioning is perfect,but what I really enjoyed in is shading...
    It's a real pleasure to see that there are still people out there who can do amazing job with shadows...
    Your shading is completely perfect,and giving it round-ish look is just amazing,especially when it comes to nose,lips and neck...
    Eyes are extremely beautiful,I admire your ability to draw them so well...
    I can never manage to create shading human eye that good as you did on 1st post...
    Everything is beautiful,as for the colored ones,just WHOA !!!
    I'm on loss of words...
    You really have a talent,and an artistic eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    There are better artists younger than me.

Take this one for example: http://janaschi.deviantart.com/art/t...ith-cw-6868489

Although the artist of that picture is currently 20, she was about 17 when she drew the image.
    One shouldn't look on his drawings and go on comparing with others...that's not what being an artist means...
    There isn't much simillarity between your art and that picture...
    Sure,it's good,but I don't see how it can be compared with yours...
    For start,yours can be detailed and is more beautiful because it's filled with nice shading placement...
    You draw real life,and that's plain anime-ish look on the drawing that person made...
    Sure,it's beautiful and great,but believe me when I say that it can't come even near to your drawings...
    For example,drawing anime is much easier then drawing real life persons...
    Every art is beautiful and unique on it's own way if it's nicely done...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Closed Thread

Thread Information