AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Original Fiction: The Hunted

Junior Member The_Doctor is on a distinguished road The_Doctor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2008 02:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Original Fiction: The Hunted

This is just the first draft of a story I am working on so it will have errors and mistakes, I am just lookin for comments on the over all story line so far.
    I have made a title yet put down The Hunted just because I had to put down something.

PS. It shows me only having one post but I have been on this forum before under a different, just thought I would say that. Oh and story line is copyrighted so don't try to copy it

"I think there for I am, a famous quote by a philosopher whose name and origin escapes me, many a long day I have spent, secluded [/SIZE]
    in the darkness of my mind dwelling on the what it means to be human, something I lost long a go when I first felt the warm life giving blood of another human
    running through my fingers and watching the light in her eyes go dim. Is it simply enough to think, to be self aware? No, His dark thoughts have begin to
    devour my own like a cannibal, he consuming me from the inside and I am becoming no longer"
    A tall thin man in a suite wearing gloves and a large brimmed black hat that shadowed his feature stepped out of a large rusted metal door
    in the muddy back alleys of San Fransisco. It was a warm night and a large thunder storm had just subsided, dwindling down to a slow drizzle and the first stars started gleam through cracks in the clouds. The man's boots quickly went from a black to mud brown as he turned the corner onto a large main road which At this time of night the only people out where mostly criminals in the middle of some shady deal, or the drunks stumbling home from a near by saloon.
    The tall man strode swiftly down the street tell came to a cross road at which he stopped and slowly turned his head staring down the cobbled
    road going east, pondering whether or not what he seeks lies at the end. As quickly as the man stopped he started back down the road again,
    doubling his speed as if something was right at his heals tracking his every move. He continued on for some time before stopping again this time
    in front of a two story building, it was a store that sold imported books from around the world, the top level was a loft where the shop keeper made residence.
    The black suited man stood just in front of the door eyes gazing into space lost in another time or place, with out warning he collapsed to his knees
    clutching at his neck he spoke. " No not again I can take no more of this madness" A another voice then erupted from the same lips but not the same man, the words were deep and ancient, " You have no right to speak you ceased to exist the day you gave your self to me, and to me you will obey with out
    question or hesitation" "You tricked me it was a lie all of it lies" " My dear Core you know nothing of the world or even your own destiny, I did not lie to you
    there has just been a slight change of plans, I give you my word that by the end of all this she will be back in your arms again. Now enough of this,
    time is of the essence and we can stand to lose no more"

"Goddamn it Derrick this is the third one in this county in under a month, all of them the same a young girl around eighteen with red hair"
    "Watch your mouth Deputy, this is no time to lose your cool we are getting close this blood no more then a few hours old, he cant be to far.
    Have your men got that list of red headed girls in the area yet"? "Almost they should have it in a day or two, I was also thinking that we might want to"
    He was cut off as the door slammed open and a large fat man with a cigar hanging out of his mouth stomped into the room. "Derrick, Deputy what the
    **** is going on here, the owner of the book store and his niece were good friends of mine and upstanding people in this city, now there dead
    I want the man responsible for this hanging from the gallows" "I can assure you Mr Mayor" Replied the man known as Derrick as he stood up from the macabre
    body that was once a man. " We are doing all we can and are not far behind him now" " Mayor as I was about to say before you came in was we are
    making a list of all the girls that might be the next victim and I was thinking about placing a guard with each one, so maybe we can this guy before another
    girl gets killed" " No you two are to stop all work on this case immediately and report to my office" The Mayor said rolling his cigar around in his mouth before
    spitting it out on the floor. "Oh and get this mess cleaned up first, this is the last thing I need with the election coming up" He turned and started down that stairs making the entire building grone with his grossly over wight body. "Well be just right ****ing great aint it, we get so close we can smell that bastard
    and the fat piece of **** Mayor cut us off, I would like to test my new ivory handled Colt on his head" " well we better get these body's down to the morgue
    and contact what ever family they have left"
    After cleaning up the body's and getting down to the morgue the two men started for the Mayor's office, by this time the clouds had mostly cleared
    and the sun was climbing towards ten, baking the muddy ground to a hard brick. The Mayor's office was in the court house on the other end of
    the city so they discided to ride, Deputy walked up to his horse which was tied up just out side the book store and patted him on the side
    of his neck, the beast replied with a snort happy to see its master back. Deputy was very proud of hid horse and for good reason it was a beautiful
    creature, solid gray with a white blaze on its muzzle. He won it in a poker game from some rich English men, who said he was a famous
    race horse in London and was none to happy about giving him up. Deputy seemed to like that horse more then he liked most people, he always
    said "With out a good gun and a loyal horse your not a real man" The two man mounted up and arrived at the large oak wood door in which the other
    side sat the Mayor. They stopped at the door before entering and gave each other a look of disgust assuring one another that they were both not looking
    forward to this. Derrick entered first, upon opening the door the Mayor looked up from some paper work he was writing, probity trying to raise taxes
    so he could fill up his already full pocket book. His office was quite elaborate a large desk was placed right in the center of the room, made of some
    exotic wood it was also adorned with a massive marble slab for the top, the rest of the room was filled with paintings and antiques.
    "Don't bother sitting down this wont take long" Stated the Mayor with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "I was contacted by the government some time ago
    who told me to expect a letter form an origination called the Lost Project, The letter came in yesterday" Pulling the small piece of paper out of his desk
    he started to read."Dear Mayor Bracksten,as of reading this letter you are to halt all on going investigations regarding the murder cases, the Lost Project
    is taking all investigations over immediately. We have dispatched a Hunter who should be arriving with in a day or two, you will brief him on all known
    information and give him your complete cooperation. Also this letter is to be divulged to no one except necessary personnel, if you have any
    questions the Hunter will be able to answer them, that is all. "Not very pleasant sounding are they? None the less you will do as this Hunter
    says, so unless you have questions for me I think we are done here" "I have question for you Mayor, what are you getting out of letting these people
    take over? Because if I am not mistaken you hate it when someone tries to come in from out side your jurisdiction. Rigged election maybe?
    "Deputy! thats enough" He cut in sharply. "I suggest you two leave before I have your badges for that little out burst" When they got out
    to their horses the two men headed strait for the saloon in need of a stiff drink, The saloon was mostly empty except for a few men that looked
    to be drifters. Derrick went up to the bar and ordered a round of whiskey for both of them and told the bar tender to keep'em comin then went and sat down
    at one of the many tables in the room. After a few rounds each they discided it was time to get back to work they still have there day's rounds
    to do around town and it was already half past noon. Derrick got up to go pay for the drinks but when he tried to give the bar tender what he owed
    him he said "See that tall man wearing the black suit sitting over in the corner? I don't know who he is but he pick up your tab" When he looked over at
    the man he raised his an empty glass thanking him for the drink, he nodded agnologing the gesture. Derrick turned back to the bar. "Have you ever
    seen him in here before?" "He comes in now and then late at night always sits in the same spot, I think he's foreign but I can't tell with that
    hat covering his face all the time" Derrick left with Deputy not far behind, off to finish the days work.
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 01-04-2008 at 03:02 PM.
    I am Hatred I am Death I am the Temptation, I have become the Beast.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Just to be clear, you can't copyright a storyline.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Senior Member KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker has a reputation beyond repute KibasStalker's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2008 01:29 AM
    Threads

The pholospher you are talking about is Rene Decartes. Also how do you go about copywriting something. Because I have a few ideas and I don't want to publish them anywhere untill I know they are safe. I intend to write a book and get it published with those ideas...

I can't stand this I tried to read it, but you need to fix that heinous type. Your a decent writer and its interesting thing you've got, but I can't bear to read any-more. You need to fix the way its typed and then make sure you start a new paragraph every time someone says something.

Grammer errors: "going on here, the owner of the book store and his niece were good friends of mine and upstanding people in this city, now there dead "
    -You
    You need to say either they are or they're. There refers to place, I understand this is probably a typo, but I must point it out as it is confusing.
    Sig made by Jagan Eye <3
    Kiba's Stats
    Ninja Registration Number: 012620

Height: 5’
    Weight: 95.5 lbs.
    Birthday: July 7 ( Cancer)
    Blood Type: B
    Personality: Aggressive, hot-tempered, wild

Senior Member Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian has a reputation beyond repute Hypergraphian's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2010 09:13 AM
    Threads

Yep, I kinda gave up on the font as well. I'm running a black background template and that white is just melting my eyes. Since it is obvious you haven't checked your work as you have said so yourself, I'll not comment on the grammar but instead offer some advice about copyrighting.

Storylines, plotlines and ideas for stories cannot be copyrighted. Otherwise, you wouldn't have 100s of escape from the madman murderer type stories. Copyrighting applies to word-for-word content and to some extent arrangement. I.e. if someone has retold your story in the exact same flow but using different words, it may be considered copyright infringement.

Hope that alleviates your doubts a little.

As for Kiba's question, you might want to take self publishing into consideration. Places like lulu.com offer copyright protection for your work and allows your work to be downloaded by the public (if you don't want it in printed form, however, this is an option they offer too).

~*Why don't they get tired, Because they're fools, Don't fools get tired, How can fools get tired?*~ www.hypergraphiansmuse.blogspot.com
    AF Family
    "Red" - Younger brother
    "*Ninna* ~ Hatake - Sister-in-law"

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

... I came in to read this on my sidekick... and its all blank. Is it in white text?

...I'd try to change it, but last time I edited a large fanfic.... it dissapeared..

So like... don't make your stories have funky colors, only normal ones. Hehe.

When I get home ill make a little topic about copyright and things of that nature. I don't have the resources on it right now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information