AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Altair's Showcase Showdown!

Hybrid View

Junior Member Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 02:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Altair's Showcase Showdown!

Heya' everyone in AnimeForum, I'm a graphics designer for specific websites here and there, kind of lacking since I've registered my Adobe Photoshop CS3, so I decided to show some signatures, and banners, I made today. If you do want a signature done, just pm me-Oh! And there would be more coming soon to this thread. I do kinda need some feedback on some signatures though however, that'll be great learning is my specialty when it comes upon graphic design, thanks a bunch. Later.

Senior Member clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2010 03:19 PM
    Threads

There's an unsaid rule you should know when it comes to GFX. Don't stretch and distort the render. For example, Ichigo is stretched and squished. I recommend not doing that again. The cut is also choppy. However, your text isn't bad.

Your Naruto sig is just too...chaotic. But it's a good thing you didn't distort the render. The cut for this one is also good.

Junior Member Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None is a splendid one to behold Altair Son of None's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by clowangel View Post
    There's an unsaid rule you should know when it comes to GFX. Don't stretch and distort the render. For example, Ichigo is stretched and squished. I recommend not doing that again. The cut is also choppy. However, your text isn't bad.
    Lol, I know Ichigo Kurosaki did not come out normal but I extracted from a wallpaper formant, I don't know exact hight and weight, but it was a pain to extract it with the highlighted tool, Uhm..I tried pressing the Shift button, but it turned out wierd like there was holes inside the render possibly by layers inside other layers of color.

Senior Member clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel has a reputation beyond repute clowangel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah, I can tell you extracted him from a wallpaper.. The choppy borders and the coloring is obvious. And may I ask what program you're using? o.o; If you're using Photoshop, and you can't figure out how to put Ichigo in without distorting him, resize the render seperately and drag and drop him into the sig canvas.

Edit: If you need help extracting images, you can always PM me. I'm pretty good at it.
    Last edited by clowangel; 01-03-2008 at 05:35 AM.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Use the pen tool to extract. It's easier and faster...in my opinion.
    These are good, but like Clowangel said, Never stretch out renders.
    Of course I read what you posted so I understand.
    Try using vibrant colors instead of dull ones.
    It brings more life to your signatures.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Graphic Designer omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3 has a reputation beyond repute omniking3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2008 10:57 PM
    The world which I create from my perceptions
    Threads

Their okay, but you definitely need to make them a little more vibrant. And you need to smooth out your renders/extractions. A cheap and dirty trick:

1) Duplicate render twice.
    2) Bottom layer smudge the edges a bit, not outward or inward, but just make them fuzzy.
    3) Middle layer add an outer glow, set to screen or overlay.
    4) Top layer, lower opacity to between 30-80.

It should look better. I don't do this anymore, because it's always better to just get a full quality render or extraction. As for extractions, I go around them with the pen tool making straight lines, then use the add point and tangent tools to get smooth lines going around the extraction. 90% of your extraction lines you NOT be straight.

My Fan Bars:

Currently taking requests! YAY!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well here it is another signature/banner. This was on my other account "Shirai Ryu Scorpion" for Shirai Ryu Shinobies however, this is my forum banner. Here it is:

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That is too big for a signature. -_-;; Try to keep your sigs to a maximum of 500x200. Once again, the cut is sloppy. You also need to do more with the background. Although the text in Ichigo's sig wasn't bad, this time, the font isn't good.

Senior Member Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina has a reputation beyond repute Leorina's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2008 07:55 PM
    Take a turn at Lake Eerie, then swing by the Bermuda Triangle, and a right at the nearest McDonald's
    Threads

I think you just need to put a bit more thought into your sigs. Like what you want to convey, etc. You know? Sigmaking is a bit more than putting images together. It can be deep or comedy, whichever you feel that day you're making the signature.

Just make sure you have the basis of what you want the sig to look like in your head.
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, however this was supposed to be on my other account. I decided to put it on my Altair sig, I just don't know where my Shirai Ryu Scorpion thread is. Here it is enjoy.

Closed Thread

Thread Information