AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle's Open Artbook.

Eumorpha fasciata. MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2010 07:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1161-7211-1531

Red face Michelle's Open Artbook.

Now, if these images are too huge, do let me know and I'll gladly resize them- I just need to get the hang of things a bit. I do apologize for them being a bit blurry, especially the second one! That one's my most recent- only one of them was scanned, can you tell which? haha.
    I'd LOVE constructive criticism, except for the coloring- I already know I suck at that and coloring just isn't my thing, so I tend to not bother- besides that, go on right ahead!

This one was just flat out doodle-drawing to go with the music I was listening to...

This is the one I recently did- I drew it just yesterday and inked it not too long ago today, I know in truth, that body position probably wouldn't work for a live person, but I figured it'd look kinda cute and MAYBE work for a drawing- agree or disagree?

As you can see, I'm not real huge on shading- I'm still learning and before I even get close to doing it well, I try to steer clear of it for now when something I'm drawing I somewhat like and don't want to mess up. My hands need a lot of work, this I know... darn you, fingers!

This is the oldest drawing out of the four- I know the coloring sucks, I just flat out was not born to color and quite frankly, I enjoy the black and white look much better for my stuff. In fact, I wish I would've left this one black and white, sigh.

Well, thanks for looking and hopefully I can add more while I keep trying to progress- I know I still have a loooong way to go before it comes even slightly near good though, hence why I welcome the critique. Take care!
    Last edited by MissChelly; 12-29-2007 at 12:40 AM.

Senior Member darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2008 01:10 PM
    Threads

I like your clothing that you draw. The first one is really good, the doodle. The dress is amazing. The last one is really cool too. You seem very good at bodies (drawing them)
    My advice for shading is to either scan or trace what you did so you don't mess up the original and you practice shading- that is the only way your gonna get better. Pick what direction your light source is coming from, and shade in the areas furthest away/not recieving any light. Using real visuals are helpful. Get a lamp and just shine it in different directions on areas of clothing and body and whatever else you are drawing.

Nice job though.

Eumorpha fasciata. MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly has a reputation beyond repute MissChelly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Darkjester: Thank you for the compliments and actually, I never even thought about scanning the pictures beforehand in case I screw them up shading... you'd think that would've been obvious, but not for me apparently, haha. I guess that's the whole reason I even put up a thread, to learn new ways to help improve my drawing, much thanks- I'm sure to use that idea next time I draw something.

EL SATANED sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned has a reputation beyond repute sataned's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Trollface Luna Vader
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2017 03:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

ummmmm... ok all of your drawings except the 2nd one creep me out... lol
    thats good though ;D very unique style you have.
    keep at it ;D and practice on those hands!!!
    Goodjob!!
    //peace
    Last edited by Die Tod von Euch; 03-08-2008 at 02:22 AM. Reason: cursing is not allowed

Walking TaLL Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy has a reputation beyond repute Lune Cy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2010 01:18 AM
    Threads

you're good in paying attention to details in your drawings..refering to the clothes..i like the 3rd drawing the most..u work with different poses..wich make it nicer ^^

would love to see more of ur drawings
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Lainskiss: Why thank you- I'll add more of my drawings once I have an idea what to draw- I don't like sticking to people just standing around, BUT it does work for doodles! Any ideas what style of dress, emotion, or whatever should I try at?

at your service ♥ Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san has a reputation beyond repute Shia_san's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2009 03:00 PM
    Threads

Wink

you draw better than me. anyway, keep it up.

sig by me.......

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Shia-san: Don't say that, everyone has their own techniques that make their art great- do you have an art thread? I bet you draw absolutely lovely!

Senior Member BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK has a reputation beyond repute BEHIND THE MASK's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2008 12:54 AM
    Threads

Very nice comrade.

I myself always have trouble with the drawing of hands and feet/shoes (So I put all my characters in boots)

I really like how you draw, very impressive.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

BEHIND THE MASK: Thank you! I hate drawing hands... I should just always put them in mittens, haha.

Sataned: Thanks. I'll keep trying with the hands, no promise they'll ever end up good though, haha.
    Last edited by MissChelly; 12-29-2007 at 11:26 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

These two are semi-oldies:

This was one of the first I did on that scratching paper, I really scratched too deep... but I'd like to HOPE it came out so so...

Bare with me here- I completely suck at coloring at all whatsoever.

Here's the one I did just yesterday:

There you have it.
    Last edited by MissChelly; 01-02-2008 at 11:16 PM.
    Slit your wrists and worship Keroppi.

Senior Member DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads

You draw pretty good, I think your detail is intermediate., keep up the good work.

... i am L. ♥ Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna has a reputation beyond repute Yuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2015 05:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cynaethus PSN ID: cynaethus Steam ID: cynaethus

Wink

WOW. Miss Chelly, your artwork is awesome! I love the second one.. [I can never do boots right.. but you did an amazing job :3] My favorite would have to be the second one, she's just sooo cute! But I like all of them. Excellent job, keep up the great work!

And your name is Michelle? Lol, that's my middle name..But it's spelt 'Michele' haha. :D

I hope to see more from you soon! :3

<33/ Eil

[
    Currently : fighting zombies ] - [ TWEET | INSTA ]

Senior Member darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2008 01:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MissChelly View Post

This was one of the first I did on that scratching paper, I really scratched too deep... but I'd like to HOPE it came out so so...
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Art/259e.jpg
    I think this is my favorite drawing you have done! It is amazing. I like how you handled the medium and that tattoo is nicely done.

And I like the picture you did on (I'm assuming) 1/2/08 is well done as well.

Your people work amaze me.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thank you for such lovely compliments! I'm actually kinda stuck on what I should draw next though. I was thinking a mix of futuristic with victorian... any ideas?

Senior Member Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 03:37 PM
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saracin PSN ID: Saracin651

Hmm, sounds like a good idea. Victorian era had a great elegant look to it. I think you should do it, but as for ideas of what...hmm...I guess that would depend on what you might want to create.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Here's one I just finished a day or two ago...
    Last edited by MissChelly; 01-08-2008 at 04:01 AM.

Senior Member Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wow, very nice. I really love your art work Chelle. Keep it up

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

This one I finished just yesterday... and yes, I know the eyes don't have pupils... that was on purpose. :P
    Last edited by MissChelly; 01-11-2008 at 04:55 AM.

Senior Member Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute Cheza-WolfGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2008 02:25 AM
    Threads

I really like that last one, but to me she seems like very skinny lol..
    hoping to see more soon ^^
    Oh and the second pic, I agree she is pretty cute ^^ but very skinny again, well to me anyways, please take no offense or anything from it.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I think its the way she draws. Either that or she's not letting her characters eat much. Slave driver.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

No offense taken.
    And yep... I am a slave driver! bwahaha... I kid, I kid... maybe.

I guess I draw them that way because I love curves and drawing cartoony females gives me room to exaggerate the female form quite a bit.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Fresh pictures- finished both just today... they aren't too great, there's a ton of mistakes I can spot, but my hand hurts now from erasing, inking, bleh, bleh, bleh... so I'll post them and hopefully learn some stuff from any critique. They're blurry, yes- I had to take pictures of them by camera... I really need to buy a new scanner.

I can't help but wonder if that Rambo commercial has been nailed into my head, because it's coming out subconsciously apparently... Her head shape kinda bugs me. Well, along with looking like a family member of Rambo's.

Here's the happy go lucky one:

Here's just a random oldie.

Yep. There you go. lol

EDIT: I switched the Rambo chic (it's sad I'm labeling her that, haha) and the Valentiney chic's spot- only because I rather the Valentiney chic be immediately seen, I don't want to risk someone not seeing that one because that one I'd especially like critique on.
    Last edited by MissChelly; 01-21-2008 at 10:48 AM.

between light and shadow. naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2010 12:03 PM
    Threads

Very cool. You know I like your stuff anyway and have been bugging you to do more. I prefer the top one but the detail in the bottom one is fantastic. keep it up and don't take so long to get inspired next time! They don't seem too blurry to me but a new scanner is essential as it will pick out details even better. Thanks for sharing your talent with us : )

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Thanks Raymond. Yeah- I do need to buy a new scanner. -_- haha

Closed Thread

Thread Information