AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Anime Recommendations

Junior Member Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 10:31 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime Recommendations

Hi,

I would like you all to recommend an anime that I might like based on what I have seen. I have watched the following so far (in no particular order):

- Samurai Champloo
    - Trigun
    - One Piece (upto episode 315)
    - Love Hina
    - Hellsing
    - Elfen Lied
    - Final Fantasy: Advent Children
    - Final Fantasy: Spirits Within
    - DragonBall Z/GT

What started me off and got me into anime was: Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and DragonBall Z/GT. Also, I know this isn't an anime, but I've watched it anyway; Avatar: The Legend Of Aang.

Thanks in advance,

~Sherryar

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

So, First, welcome to the site. Secondly, thanks for listing what you have seen, so many just ask what to watch, and half the time what is suggested is what they have already seen/

So, it seems that you like both serious stories, blood and some less serious stuff, I would recommend;
    1) Cowboy Bebop - the series and the film (though see about 10 episodes of the series before the film - that way you have met all the major characters). This is, well great anime to see, fits in to the serious side, but also has some great comical moments. (if you have ever seen Fire Fly, its like that)

2) Ghost in the shell - well here is a serious anime - well animated and well written - start off with the films and then go to the series if you like it. Very story driven and a very sucessful anime

3) Wolf's Rain - well here is a totally story driven, post apocoliptic anime, takes a few episodes to develope but once started does not stop - great series with a cracking end (serisouly do not google this one - the end is so easy to find)

All three of the above also have excelent voice dubbing in enlgish as well

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Senior Member Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe has a reputation beyond repute Crippe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 10:54 AM
    Threads

Ok, so I see that you like Hellsing and Elfen Lied, that's great Then I really recommend that you see Darker Than Black, it's also a supernatural with blood and all that.
    And also
    -Lucky Star (pure comedy)
    -Azumanga Daioh (also pure comedy)
    -Inuyasha
    -Kenichi
    -Fullmetal Alchemist

I like my sig, thank you Jagan Eye ^^

Junior Member Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar has much to be proud of Sherryar's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    So, First, welcome to the site. Secondly, thanks for listing what you have seen, so many just ask what to watch, and half the time what is suggested is what they have already seen/
    Lol ^_^

So, it seems that you like both serious stories, blood and some less serious stuff, I would recommend;
    1) Cowboy Bebop - the series and the film (though see about 10 episodes of the series before the film - that way you have met all the major characters). This is, well great anime to see, fits in to the serious side, but also has some great comical moments. (if you have ever seen Fire Fly, its like that)
    OMG! Everyone is recommending me to watch Cowboy Bebop, including friends

I keep telling myself that I will watch it lol, but this time I will...

2) Ghost in the shell - well here is a serious anime - well animated and well written - start off with the films and then go to the series if you like it. Very story driven and a very sucessful anime
    Some friends watch this one, heard about it.

3) Wolf's Rain - well here is a totally story driven, post apocoliptic anime, takes a few episodes to develope but once started does not stop - great series with a cracking end (serisouly do not google this one - the end is so easy to find)

All three of the above also have excelent voice dubbing in enlgish as well
    How many episodes of Wolf's Rain are there? Looks awesome

Thanks for the suggestions overwatch,

~Sherryar

Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Crippe View Post
    Ok, so I see that you like Hellsing and Elfen Lied, that's great
    Loved it !

Then I really recommend that you see Darker Than Black, it's also a supernatural with blood and all that.
    And also
    -Lucky Star (pure comedy)
    -Azumanga Daioh (also pure comedy)
    -Inuyasha
    -Kenichi
    -Fullmetal Alchemist
    I started watching Inuyasha before but then I stopped because I knew I would get hooked and there are too many episodes. How many episodes are there of Darker Than Black?

Thanks for the suggestions Crippe.

@Everyone: I'm mainly looking for anime that consist of the 13 episode or 26 episode type (or around there). Apologies for not stating that in the first post.

~Sherryar

Senior Member jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 11:01 AM
    Threads

some good ones are "Last Exile" (34eps) sci-fi ish, with large flying ships replacing the roles of water going ships, great anime quality and great story...action
    "R.O.D.Tv" or "Read Or Die TV "(26eps) the show after the movie, very well done, and reconnects to the movie... action
    if you liked Love Hina you gotta check out "Negima!" (26eps) a kid wizard turn teacher, incharge of 31 girls...all older than him...harum/comedy
    "Genshiken:The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture". a must see for any otaku...its a anime poking at anime fans...(12eps)...comedy
    "Black Lagoon" its tough, its rough, its violent as hell and i wouldnt have it any other way...a must watch action series...(12eps)

those are a few i'd suggest based on the list of animes you have watched..i own all these anime, they are a must have in my opinion...

o yeah and cowbow bebop is a must watch! remember that Samuri Champloo was made by the same guys that did Cowboy bebop...and Anime insider has put Cowboy bebop int he number 1 spot in the top 50 animes of all time...
    Last edited by jep'ray; 11-04-2007 at 11:33 AM.
    Some people go through life with out ever truly going insain, what a horrible way to live

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

Wolf's Rains is 7 DVDs long with 4 episodes on each disk and (I think) only 3 on the last. Of these there are 4 episodes (split over two disks) which are not really episodes, but catch up sessions with clips from previous episodes and some brife thoughts from a single characters persepective - they are the only weak episodes, but were made for more pomotion of the series than anything else -- and just think I they cut them from the DVDs, you would compain about not having them

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Closed Thread

Thread Information