AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Is this fair...

My love has come. Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2010 10:44 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2370 0071 2517 5181

Default Is this fair...

Ok I want to get this out and see what others think of this.
    If your in sports and have been for a year or 2 or longer, you probably had this happen to you.

We had a basketball game wedsnday. We were going against this preppy rich, snobby school. We are kinda the more poor school and like "gangster" school.
    Well the refs were on the other teams side. They called no calls for us except double dribling and traveling. (basketball im talking about) Well then im kinda tall so i stood still and this girl jumped in to me and feel to the floor my hands were straight up. I fouled her they said. I got 4 fouls and i only will say i truely got 1. But, these refs were unfair to us. They didnt call good calls, and they called nothing half the time.
    They didnt give us our 3 pointer.

Has this happened to you? How did you feel? What do/did you think about it.

I also got hurt and dislocated my shoulder because of what happened. I almost yelled at the ref.
    Last edited by Ari_86; 10-04-2007 at 09:44 PM.

Funny how? Funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I used to play soccer, so I've had my experience with unfair refs. You shouldn't be one if you favor certain teams.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

The Tracker Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2008 05:27 AM
    Threads

Happened alot of times... You just play the game. If such unfair calls are done by the ref let your coach handle the complaints and not you ( players ), they'll just give you a technical. How do we feel? ofcourse we're angry... we came to win ( It would be very much fulfilling if we won in a game of such unjust ) a game and even if we loose we still have our dignity. =]

BTW, it's not enough to just raise your hands, you have to keep your feet steady other wise they'll call for a blocking foul. =3
    Last edited by Bragi; 10-04-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Char-sim | RO-Cards | Rune-Nifelheim
    Sig by your's truly

Awesome sig by mikachan ^^

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i used to play basketball as well
    people used to say i was "numb", because i would get slapped in the face or knocked down, or hit somewhere by a person from the different team and i wouldn't even notice until people would ask if i was doing ok after the game

anyways back to the topic ^^
    i remember we played against this team that had always won, and they refs kept giving fouls to our best player when the other team kept forcing her into them

at the hs where i am currently attending now, they play this team every year and have always lost
    they are a rich wannabes(like they try to hard to act like there famous like the celebrities in the media) and snobs
    but guess what?!
    this year we beat them
    we beat them good!
    32-0
    they couldn't stop us at all(according to my friends), and we kept intercepting the football(they suck in the beginning and were so shocked, embarassed, and humilated that they ending up sucking throughout the rest of the game) ^___^

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Back in highschool lacrosse i was the goalie and i was standing there waiting for the other team to come down and one of the attack men come in an knee me in the balls, the refs said they could not see it and let it go. So much crap. And one time i got the ball and ran down the field and shot and scored and the ref said it does not count because I'm a goalie. And one last time I was in the crease raking in a ball and one of the opponents come into the crease and lay me down, the ref did nothing.

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

I can't say cause my old high school was the rich school and I was like one of the five poor kids that went there.

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We got a chance to host a state basketball championship in our small town when I used to live in South Dakota. It turns out that someone threw a slushy into the court. The Ref assumed it was our side and disqualified our own team.

You really got it bad when the home refs hate the home team. It is beyond me.

My love has come. Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86 has a reputation beyond repute Ari_86's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Well I mean i stopped one of my team mates before she yelled at the ref. We played the best we could and even with the unfair refs our outcome was 27-25....so its not like we lost by lots of points. I just was so inferiated when they did this.

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

wow,that was quite unfair!!!
    it is a formal game and still with the cheating,and since your school and their school have different social status,they were blinded(the refs),by....money perhaps.
    how unfair of them!!!
    Sets made by Mira Kaiba!!!^^

An exchange for a little bit of happiness is a life shattering pain. Bend if you must not break.

The Tracker Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi has a reputation beyond repute Bragi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2008 05:27 AM
    Threads

Well, Its a very commendable performance considering the game status. You should atleast be proud of yourselves. =]

Char-sim | RO-Cards | Rune-Nifelheim
    Sig by your's truly

Awesome sig by mikachan ^^

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I am proud of myself. It just infuriates me when somones against our school expecally when its a ref cause we cant talk back to them. >.> its not fair at all, at least we get to play them agian.

Senior Member ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow has a reputation beyond repute ╬Karami Mew~Meow's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Manekineko American Flag Ribbon
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 10:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can't really remember anything that happened to me like that, but I do know how it feels. And that's why, I hate MOST referees!!!
    I just hate it when that happens. Like, it's so not fair! I hate it! hate it hate it hate it!!! grrr ugh!
    ..Referees suck >.> hmph
    But I do love it when referees get punched (boxing/wrestling) by accident hehe no offense if anybody here's a referee >>

---Sorry I am currently inactive; very busy with this new Filipino school x.x they are seriously trying to kill me--
    Karami the Neko Red Bean Dango ~
    Want to join Karami's Big Dango Family?

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

Welcome, life is like that. Yes, it happens a lot. Play as good as you can and the audience will judge if the game was as fair as the ref said. Losers/winners are not decided by points...

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Senior Member Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2010 06:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Air riflery. The main part is the scores. I'm the head chair for my school's air rifle scoring and well, things are always a bit rough. The most ridiculous argument ever is just this one target against Kalani. The person shot a seven. So on how Kalani scores it, its 10 - 7 which equals to 3. So its -3 on that paper. BUT, Kalani had soo much of their scorers that they all ganged up on me and my friend, and we argued on that one target for an hour!
    "It's a minus three!" saids me and janis.

"It's a minus two! Because of the back line, blah blah blah." saids ten scorers of them.
    They're not even suposed to have ten scorers when we only have five in our team. And the coach went in and called the final score.
    "It's a minus two!" saids the Kalani coach.
    She wasnt even supposed to be there! It simply saids that no one is allowed in the scoring room. If we cant decide, we plug and then call the coach. But they're against plugging so its really hard since they have ten of them and five of us which is against the rules to have more. It was suposed to be equal. And I really hated the feeling in the room. It's like this feeling : "Ef Moanalua, we will win anyways!" It's scary. PLus, we didnt even get to double check our school's target and they did more than a quad. check for theirs.
    I could even hear other students say, "Oh you guys suck!" Even the coaches saids that. I mean come on! What happened to "Lets be friends and mingle with the other team" kinda thing?
    -Sigh-
    Oh what evers.... Crap happens.
    Last edited by Sakura Holic; 10-05-2007 at 07:54 PM.

[[ ~Missing the old アンティック-珈琲店~ ]]

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

That happens quite a lot in soccer, the ref usually gets ambushed after the game lol. I remember quite a few years ago at a grand final game the ref was being a complete wanker and at the end of the game he had to be escorted to his car by police cause people starting throwing bottles at him xD

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah it is a part of life, but I wish things like that wouldnt happen. Its stupid and yes it is just a game but for some people who play they take it seriously. I do take it seriously cause basketball is my favorite sport and its somthing I want to get better at and play in college and maybe even higher than that, so even though its just a game it is serious to others.

Banned Forum / Chat Pockystix00 is a jewel in the rough Pockystix00 is a jewel in the rough Pockystix00 is a jewel in the rough Pockystix00's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2007 03:08 PM
    Threads

yeah alot of high school refs where i play are so biased on their calls, like i was driving on a fast break against short guard. i go for a layup, he hacks my right arm...he falls to the ground...shot goes in...i get the foul call for charging....

some other refs are just asses all together. i remember in my club team, my team back talked the ref a little ( he said, " How was that a foul,"). after that throughout the game, he would call a foul, travel, or double dribble every time he got close to the ball. one time he called a foul on him when he was on the bench...but we reported the ref so he got kicked of the ref staff

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Yeah Pocky, well, sicne your a basketball player than probably you know when your captian you can ask a ref a question. ok well im a captian i asked him a question which i accually did foul this girl. He told me what i did and how to correct it. Then i asked for the 4th foul how i fouled her when i dont move and my hands are straight up in the air. He put his hand up and i asked agian and he totally ignored me.

Senior Member Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2023 01:02 PM
    Threads

I've played baseball.. Umpires weren't as bad as Basketball referees

but they do get on my nerves when they call strikes that are obviously way off and balls for our team when it was clearly right in the middle.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Ugh,I just dont and probably never will understand why refs or any person has to be that way. Why cant it just be fair and equal.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Sounds pretty stupid to me, you should have pimp slapped him and took his stupid Footlocker shirt.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

lol wow,well we get to play them agian with our refs and our refs are really fair. I know itll happen agian in the future but i cant help to get mad about it.

███ ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███ has a reputation beyond repute ███'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2008 08:45 AM
    Threads

It's a sport, getting unfair calls is just a part of it, if you can't accept it than don't play.

You learn about this when you play cricket, cricket being a very hard game to umpire too.

Everyone gets some bad call turned against them, maybe this game was just your turn.
    ████████████

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I understand what your saying blas but I do get mad cause its not fair. I can take it and ill just understand that theres people out there that want to be this way and not play fair. But it still bugs the heck out of me knowing we didnt get our fair chance in playing them.

Closed Thread

Thread Information