AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Ken'ichi

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default History's Strongest Disciple Ken'ichi

This is an anime I recently got into and I'm surprised not many people talk about it. So far, the only people I know of that have watched and enjoyed this are my fellow Hajime no Ippo fans at Dynamite Glove who got me into this. This anime not be for everyone, but I do say give it a try. Then again, I don't think all HnI fans would like it or the other way around.

First of all, I'll talk about the bad points of this anime. For being an anime of the 2000s, the art is way too generic and basic. It's like any average Joe who can draw descent anime-style art did it. All the hair styles and the way the characters are drawn isn't like anything you haven't seen in anime from like the 1990s. The designs belong in a basic "how to draw anime" guide book. But at least the faces are more distinctive unlike Gundam SEED where the character's only have like two or three faces with four different hair styles and sometimes you can't tell who is a girl or guy until you hear the voice (ie, Nichole, Rei, Kira, Athuran, etc.).

But other than that, the animation style of how the fights are you can look past it. The fights from what I've seen so far are somewhat realistic except with Miu who moves super fast.

The anime is about Ken'ichi, the weakest boy in school. He befriends a new student named Miu who also happens to be a martial arts master. Ken'ichi in the mean time joins the karate club but is used as their punching bag and one of the members wants him out if he doesn't beat him in a week. Miu allows Ken'ichi to train at her grandfather's dojo which consist of masters of Muay Thai, Jujutsu (not Brazilian style), Karate, Kung Fu, and Ninjutsu. Ken'ichi manages to win his fight but now because of his victory many fighters want to target him and they get stronger and stronger. Unable to get out of this situation, Ken'ichi slowly embraces that he has to fight these challenges and become stronger.

The characters are likeable and has a good sense of balance of action and comedy. So far, I like how they have developed Sasaki the karate master who is cold hearted and isolated but now opens his heart to Ken'ichi and teaches him all these moves form karate that's meant for war and street fighting in comparison to his other opponents who only know karate as a sport. The seiyuu cast is a pretty credible cast like Tomokazu Seki plays Ken'ichi and Batou's and Jet Black's voice actor plays Sasaki. And Daisuke Gouri plays Ken'ichi's dad.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Anime Sekai Kenkyuuin GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Systems NES Systems NES Controller Iron Man MkII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2011 10:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Its an awesome anime.I watched around 40 eppisodes and i liked it.The story isnt bad,most of the characters are very cool(especialy the teachers) but still Kenichi seems a bit weak to me.He somehow lucks out of the situation and someone helps him atlest with the strong opponents.But i guess he'll get stronger in the future episodes.The teachers are all very unique and verry funny.Favourite character is Apachai

Closed Thread

Thread Information